Commendations make me want to quit this game.

My opinion on the commendations.

Weapon mastery. Gametype mastery. Vehicle mastery. Enemy Destroyer. Type of kill mastery nonsense.

That’s all well and good in and of itself. Just little side things to work for to get extra xp and completionism. Whatever.

However, when you add rewards beyond meager exp, like armor. (Which is the main sort of unlock you achieve in any halo.) It becomes frustrating.

Mainly, it seems like punishment for someone like me who, would rather play Campaign, (Or firefight/Spartan Ops) rather then multiplayer. Or, like you hate players who can not delve, or do not wish to put too much time into your multiplayer. Not to mention it forces people who would rather play one type of game mode into another, which they may not like just for a armor they may find neat.

This change from other halos is a bad change, among others. While I doubt you would do something cool and unlock the items for everyone, don’t keep this change in Halo 5.

You don’t play matchmaking?

Please, tell me more about how frustrated you are.

> You don’t play matchmaking?
>
> Please, tell me more about how frustrated you are.

-points at Venator armor-

Derp.

Please, learn to read entire posts and understand them.

> My opinion on the commendations.
>
> Weapon mastery. Gametype mastery. Vehicle mastery. Enemy Destroyer. Type of kill mastery nonsense.
>
> That’s all well and good in and of itself. Just little side things to work for to get extra xp and completionism. Whatever.
>
> However, when you add rewards beyond meager exp, like armor. (Which is the main sort of unlock you achieve in any halo.) It becomes frustrating.
>
> Mainly, it seems like punishment for someone like me who, would rather play Campaign, (Or firefight/Spartan Ops) rather then multiplayer. Or, like you hate players who can not delve, or do not wish to put too much time into your multiplayer. Not to mention it forces people who would rather play one type of game mode into another, which they may not like just for a armor they may find neat.
>
> This change from other halos is a bad change, among others. While I doubt you would do something cool and unlock the items for everyone, don’t keep this change in Halo 5.

I have the Legendary/MKVI armour, doesn’t mean I play enough campaign to be entitled to give feedback.

Honestly, though, your playtime in SO is more than MM, so it doesn’t seem fair that you are criticizing a system of reward that actually DOES cater to both, more to the MM players, but both. If you notice, there are various armour pieces (and commendations) achievable through Campaign and SO. But if you think about it: Halo is a First-Person COMPETITIVE shooter. MM is supposed to be the main feature; thus, there should be more MM commendations. In a little more extreme sense, you might say that forgers now want commendations and unlocks for forging extraordinary maps.

The same can be said for campaign. I don’t want the only enemy commendations to be for SpOps. I don’t really play it, and I would like to have some for campaign instead of only getting something for beating a level on legendary.

<start sarcasm>Yeah, armour/visor/stance/emblem unlocks are dumb, everything should be unlocked at the start of the game so that those that play the game lots don’t stand out from anyone else who has just started the game and so there is nothing to look forward to as you progress through the game. I paid for this game and I want everything that comes with it right now.</end sarcasm>

Seriously, if you are not happy with the dozens of armour combinations you already have then go play War Games, otherwise don’t lose any sleep over a particular helmet or something you won’t have. If you like Spartan Ops, then work on the Spartan Ops unlocks, that will keep you busy for a while.

If you couldn’t play campaign mission 2 until you completed 20 War Games that would be a different matter, but you are complaining about something that adds nothing to the game other than the ability for someone to show they have reached a certain set of targets.

Sorry, did I just feed the troll?

> > My opinion on the commendations.
> >
> > Weapon mastery. Gametype mastery. Vehicle mastery. Enemy Destroyer. Type of kill mastery nonsense.
> >
> > That’s all well and good in and of itself. Just little side things to work for to get extra xp and completionism. Whatever.
> >
> > However, when you add rewards beyond meager exp, like armor. (Which is the main sort of unlock you achieve in any halo.) It becomes frustrating.
> >
> > Mainly, it seems like punishment for someone like me who, would rather play Campaign, (Or firefight/Spartan Ops) rather then multiplayer. Or, like you hate players who can not delve, or do not wish to put too much time into your multiplayer. Not to mention it forces people who would rather play one type of game mode into another, which they may not like just for a armor they may find neat.
> >
> > This change from other halos is a bad change, among others. While I doubt you would do something cool and unlock the items for everyone, don’t keep this change in Halo 5.
>
> Honestly, though, your playtime in SO is more than MM, so it doesn’t seem fair that you are criticizing a system of reward that actually DOES cater to both, more to the MM players, but both. If you notice, there are various armour pieces (and commendations) achievable through Campaign and SO. But if you think about it: Halo is a First-Person COMPETITIVE shooter. MM is supposed to be the main feature; thus, there should be more MM commendations. In a little more extreme sense, you might say that forgers now want commendations and unlocks for forging extraordinary maps.

Thanks. ;D

Halo is not just a competitive shooter. It never has been. It’s always been a good chunk co-op and multi. And everyone with a Campaign that furthered the story and the universe it was in.

I mean, look at Firefight, and look at Spartan Ops. Hell, look at RvB. I think multiplayer being the main feature is a folly. It’s one of many features.

The problem I have with it is that it gives too much to multiplayer, and forces that to be the ONLY way to unlock it. Let’s just look at Reach for example. You wanted something, level up and buy it. Now while that one had a bit too grindy of levels later, you could play anything and get what you wanted.

It’s not like 3 or something where you had to earn it through achievements, most are these just dull grindfests of certain things to unlock stuff. It takes some of the fun out for people who want to make their own spartan and have fun.

It’s also catering only to online players. Not every player who plays the game, which isn’t cool. I shouldn’t have to go through this online crap just to make my character look how I want in a game I bought. Again, look at Reach, pretty much everything was unlockable offline.

Basically, the system sucks and should be abolished, 'cause i’m just starting to ramble.

@HolyHalfDead
Shush you.

> Basically, the system sucks and should be abolished, 'cause i’m just starting to ramble.

Honestly, being in a rambling mood when going on a forum is bad news.

> @HolyHalfDead
> Shush you.

That’s why.

So what did you do before Halo 3, when armor customization wasn’t available? Not play Halo at all? Because you didn’t unlock squat in those games. Is that really the main reason you play the game? Jeez.

Besides, the armor you unlock by completing commendations is just armor you already have with skins on them. If skins really matter that much to you, then stop complaining and just play the damn game.

Well my opinion is this. Get over it! It is nothing more than a Digital Barbie.

> So what did you do before Halo 3, when armor customization wasn’t available? Not play Halo at all? Because you didn’t unlock squat in those games. Is that really the main reason you play the game? Jeez.
>
> Besides, the armor you unlock by completing commendations is just armor you already have with skins on them. If skins really matter that much to you, then stop complaining and just play the damn game.

I colored my Spartan all sorts of fancy colors! :smiley:
And sometimes switched to Elite in 2. :smiley:

Also no, Venator is a unlock. Gungnir is a unlock. Defender is a unlock. C.I.O is a unlock, and probably a few other things. (Not to mention stances.)

I played the hell out of the old halos, but then, when they did introduce armor customization, I embraced it wholeheartedly. Also, “They didn’t do it ten years go.” is a weak sentiment. As is playing game modes I don’t enjoy for hours on end.

@Beefy
…Fair enough point of view. But until Barbie starts stabbing aliens, I disagree.

I agree that the commendations are dumb. I would love to have 100% complete, but I could careless about armor.