Commendations - Help, Explanations, & Showing Off

I was thinking of making a thread to discuss people’s respective Commendation paths, as well as giving each other help/tips with ones they’re struggling with, and maybe explaining ones that some people may be confused regarding the exact requirements. Like… We’ll ‘show off’ which Commendation paths we’ve completed; tell which Commendations we’re still at “Level 1/5, 0/X” at, and help clarify any that people are confused by. For instance, I’ll start:

I have completed the following Commendation paths:
Weapons - Loadout Assault Rifle
Weapons - Loadout Battle Rifle
Game Mode - Assist (Warzone)
Multiplayer - Spartan Slayer
Multiplayer - Headshot
Multiplayer - Multikill

The following Commendations are ones I’m still at Level 1/5, with 0 out of X progress:
Weapons - Beam Rifle
Weapons - Binary Rifle
Vehicles - Phaeton Gunship Gunner
Vehicles - Mantis Destroyer
Game Mode - Unstoppable (Breakout)

Does anyone have any tips for me regarding the five Commendations I’m still at 0 on? (Note that I do not yet have the Certifications for the Beam or Binary Rifles or the Phaeton)

Also, in the Multiplayer section of Commendations, what is the difference between “Smash: Kill an enemy Spartan with melee” (LV5, 11/50) and “Close Quarters: Earn any CQC medal” (LV2, 3/20)? What of the latter is not included in the former?

Bookmarking this for later. Completed too many to type on my phone.

For Mantis dropper I would probably recommend play BTB or Warzone since those are the only two gametypes that have Mantis available. Guillotine is the only map in BTB that has a Mantis and Warzone you have to get lucky that someone spawns one in.

I have completed the only one that matters to me. See my avatar.

not to put my whole list down but I completed every loadout mastery, almost all unsc weapons except for rare Spartan laser, all warzone commendations, and about half of the vechicle’s

UPDATE: Killed my first Mantis, and completed the Loadout Magnum and Warzone Hunter commendation paths.

And my question regarding “Smash” and “Close Quarters” still stands.

UPDATE 12/02: Completed “Wraith Gunner”

I am trying to finish my power weapon commendations. I have every on e except the beam rifle, which I am 35 kills away from finishing (I am on the last level). I am really having a hard time finishing this one out. The beam rifle cannot be found in Arena at all (as far as I know) and I do not have clearance for them in warzone. The only reasons I managed to hit level 5 with it is because I got lucky with a random weapon req or took it off someone’s dead body. Any suggestions?

I you just constantly use the weapons you need to get the comidations, thats what I do at least.

Commendations that I need to finish…

Enemy:
-Warden Eternal (4/7 kills at level 4)

Weapons:
-DMR (The only ones I have are level 8!)
-SPNKr…Still need to find these in Req packs! :frowning:
-Spartan Laser (Stand still -Yoink!-!)
-Binary Rifle (Stand still again, -Yoink!-!)
-Light Rifle (Relatively low supply of them, slow RoF makes it easy for enemy to take cover just before the kill)
-Splinter Nades (Have to find them on the battlefield first…but now I have the armor mod so it should be easier)
-Beam Rifle
-Scattershot (Very low supply of these)
-Incineration Cannon

Vehicles:
-Mantis Destroyer (Very hard to find vehicle)
-Mantis Gunner (See above)
-Warthog Destroyer
-Rockethog Gunner (Very hard to find, need cert)
-Gausshog Gunner (Very hard to find, need cert)
-Mongoose Destroyer (Hardly anybody uses these)
-Phaeton Gunner (Ridiculously rare vehicle)
-Phaeton Destroyer (Thank you Hestro and Recon Pilot)
-Wraith Destroyer
-Wheelman (What specific vehicle skill medals even count for this, anyways?)

Game Mode:
-Big Game Hunter (Slowly but surely)
-Every single other non-Warzone commendation…but I don’t really care about those for now

Multiplayer:
-Geronimo (Can’t always find situations to use pound)
-Assassin (Hard to find situations without camo, but I’m almost all out of camo…)
-Close Quarters (Which specific CQC medals count for this, exactly?)
-Juggernaut (Enemy always seems to find a way to dodge this >_<)
-Whites of Their Eyes
-And Stay Off (Extremely few opportunities to do this)
-Combat Opportunist (Which combat skill medals even register for it?)

I’m at level 4/5 for Combat Opportunist, but still am unsure of which exact medals qualify for the commendation. I have the same question about the Close Quarters (4/5) commendation and the medal requirements for that, having completed Smash and am at levels 4/5 for Geronimo, Assassin, and 5/5 for Juggernaught, it seems a bit of a mystery.

I think smash is just beat down. CQC is things like brawler, gunpunch, and beat down. Combat skill I can confirm that hat trick and kill from the grave are on there. Last shot might be as well.

> 2533274859688519;6:
> UPDATE: Killed my first Mantis, and completed the Loadout Magnum and Warzone Hunter commendation paths.
>
> And my question regarding “Smash” and “Close Quarters” still stands.
>
> UPDATE 12/02: Completed “Wraith Gunner”

ont this site go to
your profile
service record (halo 5)
scroll down until you see commendations
press se more commendations

and there you have every comendation and it’s a text that says what to doo to complete them

There are 4 Commendations whose Emblem I can’t confirm, either because I can’t remember or I’ll never get them:

• Mongoose Destroyer (I know it has to be Pivot, Platform, or Screw)
  • Spartan Slayer (I think it’s IMC)
  • Smash (Melee Kill)
  • Flag Mastery (NO ONE HAS THIS)

To be honest, BTB is you best place to go for all commendations (except for enemy based) the weapons are more consistent and you dont have to wait to hit 6-8 to use vehicles or power weapons only to be killed as soon as you grab them and have to wait forever for req recharge.
I do see wraith, pheoton, banshee, tank destroyer being easier on warzone though, and 3 of those 4 AI pilot them and it still gives you a vehichle kill if you get them.
sadly mantis is a toss up cause ive only seen the mantis in BTB once and in warzone twice

> 2533274835072493;9:
> Commendations that I need to finish…
>
> Enemy:
> -Warden Eternal (4/7 kills at level 4)
>
> Weapons:
> -DMR (The only ones I have are level 8!)
> -SPNKr…Still need to find these in Req packs! :frowning:
> -Spartan Laser (Stand still -Yoink!-!)
> -Binary Rifle (Stand still again, -Yoink!-!)
> -Light Rifle (Relatively low supply of them, slow RoF makes it easy for enemy to take cover just before the kill)
> -Splinter Nades (Have to find them on the battlefield first…but now I have the armor mod so it should be easier)
> -Beam Rifle
> -Scattershot (Very low supply of these)
> -Incineration Cannon
>
> Vehicles:
> -Mantis Destroyer (Very hard to find vehicle)
> -Mantis Gunner (See above)
> -Warthog Destroyer
> -Rockethog Gunner (Very hard to find, need cert)
> -Gausshog Gunner (Very hard to find, need cert)
> -Mongoose Destroyer (Hardly anybody uses these)
> -Phaeton Gunner (Ridiculously rare vehicle)
> -Phaeton Destroyer (Thank you Hestro and Recon Pilot)
> -Wraith Destroyer
> -Wheelman (What specific vehicle skill medals even count for this, anyways?)
>
> Game Mode:
> -Big Game Hunter (Slowly but surely)
> -Every single other non-Warzone commendation…but I don’t really care about those for now
>
> Multiplayer:
> -Geronimo (Can’t always find situations to use pound)
> -Assassin (Hard to find situations without camo, but I’m almost all out of camo…)
> -Close Quarters (Which specific CQC medals count for this, exactly?)
> -Juggernaut (Enemy always seems to find a way to dodge this >_<)
> -Whites of Their Eyes
> -And Stay Off (Extremely few opportunities to do this)
> -Combat Opportunist (Which combat skill medals even register for it?)

Okay most of these you can get easier by playing arena slayer the only one I need for multiplayer are geronimo whites of their eyes and stay off

> 2533274915434107;15:
> > 2533274835072493;9:
> >
>
>
> Okay most of these you can get easier by playing arena slayer the only one I need for multiplayer are geronimo whites of their eyes and stay off

He posted this in November, probably doesn’t need help anymore. #necropost

> 2533274915434107;15:
> > 2533274835072493;9:
> > Commendations that I need to finish…
> >
> > Enemy:
> > -Warden Eternal (4/7 kills at level 4)
> >
> > Weapons:
> > -DMR (The only ones I have are level 8!)
> > -SPNKr…Still need to find these in Req packs! :frowning:
> > -Spartan Laser (Stand still -Yoink!-!)
> > -Binary Rifle (Stand still again, -Yoink!-!)
> > -Light Rifle (Relatively low supply of them, slow RoF makes it easy for enemy to take cover just before the kill)
> > -Splinter Nades (Have to find them on the battlefield first…but now I have the armor mod so it should be easier)
> > -Beam Rifle
> > -Scattershot (Very low supply of these)
> > -Incineration Cannon
> >
> > Vehicles:
> > -Mantis Destroyer (Very hard to find vehicle)
> > -Mantis Gunner (See above)
> > -Warthog Destroyer
> > -Rockethog Gunner (Very hard to find, need cert)
> > -Gausshog Gunner (Very hard to find, need cert)
> > -Mongoose Destroyer (Hardly anybody uses these)
> > -Phaeton Gunner (Ridiculously rare vehicle)
> > -Phaeton Destroyer (Thank you Hestro and Recon Pilot)
> > -Wraith Destroyer
> > -Wheelman (What specific vehicle skill medals even count for this, anyways?)
> >
> > Game Mode:
> > -Big Game Hunter (Slowly but surely)
> > -Every single other non-Warzone commendation…but I don’t really care about those for now
> >
> > Multiplayer:
> > -Geronimo (Can’t always find situations to use pound)
> > -Assassin (Hard to find situations without camo, but I’m almost all out of camo…)
> > -Close Quarters (Which specific CQC medals count for this, exactly?)
> > -Juggernaut (Enemy always seems to find a way to dodge this >_<)
> > -Whites of Their Eyes
> > -And Stay Off (Extremely few opportunities to do this)
> > -Combat Opportunist (Which combat skill medals even register for it?)
>
>
> Okay most of these you can get easier by playing arena slayer the only one I need for multiplayer are geronimo whites of their eyes and stay off

Please don’t revive old threads.