Commendation Weekends?

I thought of this new idea a while ago that would be like the Halo 3 Double XP weekends except in Halo 4 you wouldn’t actually be getting Double XP because honestly over half of us are SR 130s and it would just be a waste.

Anyway so what I was thinking is that every weekend we get a limited time only playlist for 4v4 that changes each week. The reason because it’s called Commendation weekends is because every week the playlist would just feature 1 specific weapon/grenade. For example week 1 could be BRs only and nothing else, no secondaries or AAs or Perks, just you and your BR. Then week 2 could be just DMRs and week 3 could be just Carbines etc. Eventually when we run out of all primary weapons then we start on secondary weapons so week 7 we could start with only Pistols and nothing else, then only Plasma Pistols (Which would be very helpful) and then all… all… Bolt-Shots (every weapon must get its own turn).

After all the load-out weapons are finished, then we start on Power weapons going through SAW, Rail-gun, Sticky Detonator, Rocket Launcher, Shotgun, Splazer (another helpful one), Sniper Rifle and then all Covenant power weapons and finally Forerunner weapons. After all this was finished the final 3 weeks we could start with Plasma Pistols and then have either Frags, Plasma nades, or Pulse nades as well as having the Explosives and Grenadier packages.

The maps on the playlist would change each week varying on the weapon, so if it was Scattershot week then you would be playing on maps like Haven and Adrift while if it was Beam Rifle week (that would be interesting) it would be on maps like Ragnarok and Exile.

This is just an idea I had to help complete our weapon commendations and also have fun doing it without being killed heaps while you’re just trying to get a couple kills with the Plasma Pistol. I reckon it’d be quite fun having a 4v4 with Needlers or Concussion rifles while having more competitive weeks with the BR or Pistol and as well as having the few hectic weeks with the Fuel rods or Incineration cannons. You would also get unlimited ammo in this game-type (but still have to reload.)

Tell me what you think of this idea and if there’s anything you like/dislike or would want changed.

I could get down with this. Even though I am almost done with them, would really like the plasma pistol one. Could have a lightning flag one but with plasma pistol

They should just add a game type in action sack that features 3 hit kill plasma pistols and 1 hit kill pulse grenades, that would help out a lot of people with their weapons mastery. Honestly, instead of Double EXP weekends, have double commendation weekends or playlists, so for every commendation, you get double the progression, sounds simple. So if you win 1 game of Dominion, you get 2 wins with double commendation, you get one kill with the Battle Rifle, you get two kills on your commendations. That would be a better option IMO

idk. this would just give everyone 100% weapon commendation and im almost done with mine. sure i would like a gametype with much more emphasis on weapons like just the boltshot or pp but id still rather earn the progress than have a dedicated playlist for each one

A good idea, because through that you would get other progression through other commendations such as headshots, first strikes, revenge etc but I do like ordinary progression through standard playlists, I have only just finished the BR and I use a variety of weapons, from the AR to the carbine to the DMR etc

Liking it.

Or just a fiesta playlist. Granted, doesn’t help with plasma pistol as much. I think instead of each weekend a single weapon you would just toss all of them into a playlist and vote for “Team Plasma Pistols” or something of that respect.

I was also thinking of getting people together for Team Doubles with plasma pistol and pulse grenade loadouts and by honor system not use the primary weapon. I’m thinking that might be easiest with the existing situation but I still need to find 3 people.

That would be really cool actually. Post something in War Games Feedback about it.

I dunno… The thing about Commendations is that they’re meant to be tough to get. If you see somebody with The Protector DRIFT set, then you know they’ve done something very tough and lengthy to deserve that reward. Giving us Commendation weekends, while seeming cool, would take away from the challenge and sense of reward that comes with Commendations.

It’s almost as though they’ve had “Achievement Weekends”, when you just sit around and get a specific achievement. Would that really be as fun as working hard to get 2000/2000 yourself?

> I dunno… The thing about Commendations is that they’re meant to be tough to get. If you see somebody with The Protector DRIFT set, then you know they’ve done something very tough and lengthy to deserve that reward. Giving us Commendation weekends, while seeming cool, would take away from the challenge and sense of reward that comes with Commendations.
>
> It’s almost as though they’ve had “Achievement Weekends”, when you just sit around and get a specific achievement. Would that really be as fun as working hard to get 2000/2000 yourself?

I can see what you’re saying there, but the reason I said Weekends was because if you think about it, it would take ALOT of weeks plus you’d still be getting the commendations regularly on the week days, you would just get an extra boost on the weekends. I also have lots of the weapon commendations completed so half the weeks (unless it’s for fun) would be useless.

Although I understand what you’re saying I still think this would be a fun playlist even if you had finished your commendations.