Commendation not reading

I am confused at this commendation thing. I am trying to unlock the Gungnir helmet but I have to complete the Slayer Victory - Master commendation. One of the things I have to do to complete that is to get the Slayer Victory done. So far it says i have 3 out of 25 for the first level of this. The problem is that I have won 14 games where 12 of those were victories from Slayer yet the commendation says I only have 3 out of 25 victories.

Does anyone know why this could be?

It rolls back.

Okay, see that 1/5 or whatever somewhere around the commendations progress bar?
That’s the level of commendation you are on- it’s basically the iron, bronze, silver, gold, onyx from Reach, and when you progress to the next level the progress starts back at zero.

So if in one match you’re at “Spartan Slayer: 2/5 at 294/300 kills” and when you finish that match, getting 14 Spartan kills, you can go back to the Spartan Slayer commendation and see something like “Spartan Slayer: 3/5 at 8/500 kills”

Yeah, starting at 0 confused me until I saw that it meant completed levels rather than what level you were currently at.

> It rolls back.
>
> Okay, see that 1/5 or whatever somewhere around the commendations progress bar?
> That’s the level of commendation you are on- it’s basically the iron, bronze, silver, gold, onyx from Reach, and when you progress to the next level the progress starts back at zero.
>
> So if in one match you’re at “Spartan Slayer: 2/5 at 294/300 kills” and when you finish that match, getting 14 Spartan kills, you can go back to the Spartan Slayer commendation and see something like “Spartan Slayer: 3/5 at 8/500 kills”

I still dont understand. I saw the [2/5] thing UNDER the bar on the right hand side. But it said I needed to win 25 matches and I won 12 but that is not showing up.