Commendation credits without working towards them?

I apologize if this has been answered. I searched both Google and the forums for an answer, but didn’t find one.
My question is: Why is it that I’m receiving commendation credits when I’m not actively working towards one? I’ve played several games, having written down current progress numbers for remaining Firefight commendations, and while not getting closer to completing any of them, still receive credits for something Commendation-related. Anyone have any idea how or why this is happening? Not complaining, given the last few ranks in Reach are basically a grind at this point.

For a breakdown of what I’m doing, I’m playing Score Attack since Co-Op Firefight is too laggy and difficult to complete due to players dropping out. I’m watching Firefight Commendation numbers remain stagnant while still receiving Commendation credits.

I only play Rocket or FRG Attack where I’ve already maxed out Heavy Weapon, Grenade, Headshot, Multi-Kill, Sprees, and all Covenant Rank Commendations, I specifically refrained from using the Pistol while testing this several times to make sure I wasn’t adding to the Trigger Happy Commendation.

Any ideas?

I think it’s because you haven’t hit the point cap which is 32,767 for ‘in command’ (killing elites) and ‘methodical’ (sprees).

> 2533274824872173;2:
> I think it’s because you haven’t hit the point cap which is 32,767 for ‘in command’ (killing elites) and ‘methodical’ (sprees).

Wait, so even though they’re at Max Onyx, they’re still going up? Odd.

Just played score attack to test this and I earned 856 commendation credits for fiesta on waterfront where I died a few times and all I have left are backup, grounded and perfectionist. I’ve verified that those last three firefight commendations hadn’t gone up so it must be counting beyond the cap of 32,767 or there’s some hidden metric awarding credits that I don’t know about.

> 2533274815248178;1:
> I apologize if this has been answered. I searched both Google and the forums for an answer, but didn’t find one.
> My question is: Why is it that I’m receiving commendation credits when I’m not actively working towards one? I’ve played several games, having written down current progress numbers for remaining Firefight commendations, and while not getting closer to completing any of them, still receive credits for something Commendation-related. Anyone have any idea how or why this is happening? Not complaining, given the last few ranks in Reach are basically a grind at this point.
>
> For a breakdown of what I’m doing, I’m playing Score Attack since Co-Op Firefight is too laggy and difficult to complete due to players dropping out. I’m watching Firefight Commendation numbers remain stagnant while still receiving Commendation credits.
>
> I only play Rocket or FRG Attack where I’ve already maxed out Heavy Weapon, Grenade, Headshot, Multi-Kill, Sprees, and all Covenant Rank Commendations, I specifically refrained from using the Pistol while testing this several times to make sure I wasn’t adding to the Trigger Happy Commendation.
>
> Any ideas?

> 2533274824872173;2:
> I think it’s because you haven’t hit the point cap which is 32,767 for ‘in command’ (killing elites) and ‘methodical’ (sprees).

> 2533274815248178;3:
> > 2533274824872173;2:
> > I think it’s because you haven’t hit the point cap which is 32,767 for ‘in command’ (killing elites) and ‘methodical’ (sprees).
>
>
> Wait, so even though they’re at Max Onyx, they’re still going up? Odd.

> 2533274824872173;4:
> Just played score attack to test this and I earned 856 commendation credits for fiesta on waterfront where I died a few times and all I have left are backup, grounded and perfectionist. I’ve verified that those last three firefight commendations hadn’t gone up so it must be counting beyond the cap of 32,767 or there’s some hidden metric awarding credits that I don’t know about.

So the complain is that credits are being awarded for commendation progress when the same commendations are max onyx?
Wait a second, so everyone here is complaining that they’re getting credits XD

I’m also not sure why getting credits for FF is a problem. I still get a about 10k a game of FF with over 5200 games and all commendations maxed except 9 perfections and about 1800 grounded. Unlike campaign it seems like this format pays off full Cr no matter the level of commendations.

> 2533274815248178;1:
> I apologize if this has been answered. I searched both Google and the forums for an answer, but didn’t find one.
> My question is: Why is it that I’m receiving commendation credits when I’m not actively working towards one? I’ve played several games, having written down current progress numbers for remaining Firefight commendations, and while not getting closer to completing any of them, still receive credits for something Commendation-related. Anyone have any idea how or why this is happening? Not complaining, given the last few ranks in Reach are basically a grind at this point.

Did either one of you read the last sentence of my first paragraph? I’ll highlight for your convenience.

Maybe it just continues creditwise when u reached max commendation-progress? I have the same experience with commendations i already finished.