Commendation/Challenge XP shouldn't be capped

I have mixed feelings about 343i putting a daily cap on XP. On one hand, I understand how they wouldn’t want people to rank up too fast (especially with all the Double XP going around). If it’s that easy to rank up, the game gets boring and the game needs to have long-term playability. But on the other hand, you shouldn’t restrict those that want to play all day.

I’m currently in Australia on business. So I play at night before I go to bed, then I wake up over here and it’s still the same day back in the States. So last weekend, I reached the cap for the day, even though I had really only played a few hours that day.

But what REALLY irritates me is that if I reach the cap and then Master a commendation, that’s anywhere from 2,500 to 10,000 XP down the drain! And forget challenges, there’s no incentive. If 343i wants to put a cap on XP, then I think they should restrict that cap to just playtime XP. I think that if you work hard enough to get a Challenge or Commendation that you should be rewarded for it regardless how much time you played that day.

I don’t want to have to pay that close attention to the amount of XP that I have to time Commendations and Challenges so it’s not wasted XP.