Coming in 2014?

It’s probably best to assume that when this game is coming in 2014, it’s going to be Q4 2014. So that means Halo 5 or whatever is only getting 2 years development time. Isn’t that a pretty short amount of time? Especially if it is on a new console I would think it would take longer since they are using new technology. Was there a team working on the next Halo while Halo 4 was in development? Perhaps that’s why Halo 4 sucked. And now it’s happening again. Here I come Destiny.

Two years is a healthy dev cycle for a AAA game. Also because the Reclaimer trilogy was already planned out that means they require less time to work on the story because some of it is already done. I’m guessing they probably had an Xbox One dev kit for a long time considering they are Microsoft’s top developer. So no, two years is not too soon.

Its safe to assume with Microsoft investing so much into the Halo Franchise, that they could have been working on the next iterations, while they are still working on previous ones.

Would make sense so the wait time for the next game will be a lot less and also come out timely for the new console.

> Two years is a healthy dev cycle for a AAA game. Also because the Reclaimer trilogy was already planned out that means they require less time to work on the story because some of it is already done. I’m guessing they probably had an Xbox One dev kit for a long time considering they are Microsoft’s top developer. So no, two years is not too soon.

The other Halo games took 3 years.

I love how people think that Dev time is all that matters.

If it takes 3 years for 200 people to make 1 game, surely it would take less than 3 years if 300 people were making 1 game.

I have no idea exactly how many people work at 343 and probably neither do you.

Also, no one knows exactly when they started work on Halo 5. They could have started back in 2011 for all we know.
After the concept artists are done making Halo 4 sketches, do they just sit around for 3 years until after Halo 4’s release before they start work on Halo 5.

Enough with all this ‘only 2 years’ BS!

> > Two years is a healthy dev cycle for a AAA game. Also because the Reclaimer trilogy was already planned out that means they require less time to work on the story because some of it is already done. I’m guessing they probably had an Xbox One dev kit for a long time considering they are Microsoft’s top developer. So no, two years is not too soon.
>
> The other Halo games took 3 years.

With the ever evolving game industry, games these days are jam packed with a lot more content than games of the past, so today, to make a triple A game, requires more time to complete.

I don’t understand this. Maybe they are working on halo 5 since years, maybe they started when they were working on halo 4.
We simply don’t know. I hope to have the game in early 2014.

Bungie only had 100ish people when the first 3 games were made. 343 triples that, they have 340 people as of now. With combined work, they could easily be working on multiple projects.

First off, I have played Halo since 2001 and I thought Halo 4 was amazing and better than anything bungie did with Halo. (I don’t understand how anyone can say Halo 4 sucked with such an amazing story. It made me cry at the end.) And with Halo 5, I’m sure it will continue to be great, but 343 also has a lot more people than before. That means less time needed.

I think this game is the true real deal here. I’ll bet 343 has been working on this game since 2010 along with Halo 4. Why spend so much time on a game for an old console? Halo 5 probably has the most work put into it of any Halo game that will ever come out because this is the most important one being the 1st blockbuster on the X1. Plus with new tech, developing games is probably much easier and more efficient.

oh

> > > Two years is a healthy dev cycle for a AAA game. Also because the Reclaimer trilogy was already planned out that means they require less time to work on the story because some of it is already done. I’m guessing they probably had an Xbox One dev kit for a long time considering they are Microsoft’s top developer. So no, two years is not too soon.
> >
> > The other Halo games took 3 years.
>
> With the ever evolving game industry, games these days are jam packed with a lot more content than games of the past, so today, to make a triple A game, requires more time to complete.

So how many triple A games have you made?