Coming From Someone Who's Played Halo 4

Okay so to anyone who still has doubts about Halo 4, look around the forums and find other people that are massive Halo fans such as myself that have had the chance to play it.
when I was at E3 I was doubting it was going to be good, but then I played it, and believe me it is NOTHING like Cod. 343 have really done an amazing job with the Graphics, Balancing the game, and im sure they have made the campaign make sense and link up to the other games and books, the thing is 343i have done sooo much for the Halo community ad people still think they have ruined the game, all I can say is play it first, and if you dont like it, Trade it in.

but take it from the people who have played the Multiplayer, Halo 4 Is Incredible!

What concerns have been alleviated that give you confidence? How are AA? How are the perks? How are controls? Is the gameplay fluid? Are personal ordanance for infinity slayer only?

What concerns have been alleviated that give you confidence? How are AA? How are the perks? How are controls? Is the gameplay fluid? Are personal ordanance for infinity slayer only?

Never doubt Halo. Halo 4 is going to be awesome. I have full faith in 343 and know that it is going to be an improvement upon the previous games and nothing like CoD.
For me, Halo is all about the story and its characters. The gameplay and multiplayer are icing on the cake that is Halo. Can’t wait for its release.

I can’t wait to get a chance to play it myself…man if I wanna play it at pax ill have to wait in line forever…

> What concerns have been alleviated that give you confidence? How are AA? How are the perks? How are controls? Is the gameplay fluid? Are personal ordanance for infinity slayer only?

AA’s are fine, except Promethean vision, its pretty OP but there are alot of ways to counteract it, the controls are awkward but easy to get used to, and im sure there are different layouts but I didn’t change mine, the game flows very well I would say the instant re-spawn is actually very good, make the game flow quickly and better overall in slayer and yes personal ordnance is Infinity slayer only :slight_smile:

i already felt good about halo 4. MLG gameplay comfirmed it.

More details.

Weapons, loadouts etc…

I never had a doubt man but its good to get perspective from someone who has played it. I’m excited to see the loadout systems, get my hands on the weapons, and see the new weapon spawn systems.

Concerns:

Promethean Vision: Seems overpowered. Ruins stealthy gameplay. Makes callouts seem some what redundant because everyone can see where the team is without needing to communicate.

Hardlight Shield: Functions too much like armor lock, albeit a nerfed version. For example, you get a player down to one shot. He puts up the shield and his team mate comes and finishes you off and both run away alive and well, robbing you of a kill. Sound familiar? Not as bad as AL but still annoying.

Ordinance drops: Not sure how much I like this system. It seems that it will lead to an over abundance of power weapons because everyone will likely get at least one drop per game. Others will get many. I don’t like the idea of rewarding players who are already dominating either.

Can you speak to any of these? Maybe my impressions are off as I haven’t played the game so I could be totally wrong.

What looks good:

Graphics! Environments look amazing. Player and weapon models look fantastic and art design is great.

Movement speed and jump height looks pretty good. Definitely better than Reach.

Gunplay looks good. Sandbox is diverse and hopefully balanced but will have to play for a while to know for sure.

Overall it looks very promising.

How about the sounds of the dmr/pistol/br? they sound very wimpy to me :frowning:
How about once you played it, how’d they sound?

How is active camo?

How is hologram?

With the hardlight shield can’t you pop grenades at their feet and kill them?

Oh yeah, another question…

How are grenades in terms of throwing them?

Are they as difficult as Reach, or as crisp of a throw as Halo 3?
(both plasmas and frags, thx)

:slight_smile:

> How about the sounds of the dmr/pistol/br? they sound very wimpy to me :frowning:
> How about once you played it, how’d they sound?
>
> How is active camo?
>
> How is hologram?
>
> With the hardlight shield can’t you pop grenades at their feet and kill them?

I thought the DMR sounded amazing. I’m also in love with the sound of getting hit by enemies bullets. Sounds like danger :slight_smile: It really makes you feel like the player is taking damage atleast from the videos I saw.

Yeah seems like grenades will kill them. Still, what if you have none?

It’s probably no where near as OP as armor lock because you’re not totally invulnerable (plus no emp) but it still seems like it could be annoying. Not game breaking, just irritating.

Also, camo was not in the e3 build and nothing has been shown of it so far.

On another note, I saw a gif on neogaf of a player with no shields getting shot and blood was being splattered on the wall behind him in fairly copious amounts. Me likey :slight_smile:

OP I could have sworn you stated that you were 14 years old in a certain thread. How did you manage getting an E3 pass? I’m not calling you a liar I’m just really intrigued. I could be wrong though and it could have been a user with a similar name to yours.

Nice to hear from someone who had the chance to play this master peice! I always had faith in 343 :slight_smile: Now tell me, how was movement and speed some people said it looked slower then Reach is this true? or is it halo 3 type style because i cannot tell from the videos.

Hello, I have some doubts:

1.The sniper is easy to get in the game? how many kills to get the sniper? hopefully not more of 6.

2.How function the ordenance drop? is alleatory the weapons that will show when you ordenance?

It is all, Sorry for my bad english, also in this post i will speak spanish:

1.La sniper es facil de conseguir? cuantas muertes? ojala que no más de 6.

2.Como funciona el sistema de ordenamiento de armas? es aleatorio las armas que te salen cuando ordenas?

> Concerns:
>
> Promethean Vision: Seems overpowered. Ruins stealthy gameplay. Makes callouts seem some what redundant because everyone can see where the team is without needing to communicate.
>
> Hardlight Shield: Functions too much like armor lock, albeit a nerfed version. For example, you get a player down to one shot. He puts up the shield and his team mate comes and finishes you off and both run away alive and well, robbing you of a kill. Sound familiar? Not as bad as AL but still annoying.
>
> Ordinance drops: Not sure how much I like this system. It seems that it will lead to an over abundance of power weapons because everyone will likely get at least one drop per game. Others will get many. I don’t like the idea of rewarding players who are already dominating either.
>
> Can you speak to any of these? Maybe my impressions are off as I haven’t played the game so I could be totally wrong.
>
> What looks good:
>
> Graphics! Environments look amazing. Player and weapon models look fantastic and art design is great.
>
> Movement speed and jump height looks pretty good. Definitely better than Reach.
>
> Gunplay looks good. Sandbox is diverse and hopefully balanced but will have to play for a while to know for sure.
>
>
> Overall it looks very promising.

PV- i don’t see how bad it could be. if you can accuratly read a radar its not much better if anything it prevents you from walking into a camper or a direct counter to invisiblility. its got a slow recharge time with out AA eficiancy on. (most players in MLG were using this with PV. plus a loud noise is played when they use it.

hardlight shield will be barable and infact easy to deal with. they move slower have no offense. 8 sec it lasts. you can bounce grenades under it or you actually melee around it. very vonrable from everywhere but front.

ORD drops arn’t too bad. you get to choose wich weapons/ power ups based on your performance and map. so adrift gets needlers scatter shots and swords because its heavy cqc. its only in infinity slayer. so no worries.

> OP I could have sworn you stated that you were 14 years old in a certain thread. How did you manage getting an E3 pass? I’m not calling you a liar I’m just really intrigued. I could be wrong though and it could have been a user with a similar name to yours.

Im 16 but I was aloud in and a chance to play like 6 games of Halo 4, maybe because my dad was with me? whats the age required to get in?

> OP I could have sworn you stated that you were 14 years old in a certain thread. How did you manage getting an E3 pass? I’m not calling you a liar I’m just really intrigued. I could be wrong though and it could have been a user with a similar name to yours.

Im 16 but I was aloud in and a chance to play like 6 games of Halo 4, maybe because my dad was with me? whats the age required to get in?

as long as i have halo without armorlock …then im good…they can do whatever they want as long as they dont ruin the game with something like al

im also happy about sprint …and the whole infinity thing is cool