Come on 343, give Halo Wars some Love!

You’re probably busy nowadays with Halo 4 and all, but once that baby has been born you should give the other games in your care some love.

Halo Wars could use some balance updates and maybe even an expansion featuring a new faction*(The Flood)*. The faction-trifecta is always the best way to go about balancing an RTS game. Think StarCraft: Terran/UNSC, Protoss/Covenant and the Zerg/Flood. The Flood already got some unit and structure models in the campaign.

You should really consider improving the games you already got on your plate, rather than just spewing out new ones. Follow Blizzard’s example; weak quantity, massive quality. Vice versa really as a bad idea if you’d like a reputable company that your customers trust.

p.s. Oh! And release Halo Wars for PC as well. RTS games suck at consoles, some less than others, but they all suck compared to computers. Go get yourselves some more customers ;D

Halo Wars is one of the best games I have ever played, and it is a console rts game. Not all console rts game suck.

> Halo Wars is one of the best games I have ever played, and it is a console rts game. Not all console rts game suck.

You misinterpret me. I never said that all RTS games on consoles suck, I said that having RTS games on consoles suck. There’s a big difference.

> > Halo Wars is one of the best games I have ever played, and it is a console rts game. Not all console rts game suck.
>
> You misinterpret me. I never said that all RTS games on consoles suck, I said that having RTS games on consoles suck. There’s a big difference.

By that logic you mean that PCs are where RTS belong. Which is true - up until Halo Wars came along. Halo Wars was built from the ground up for consoles. It would not be as good on windows if you ask me. Fun - but meant for the 360 controller.

> > > Halo Wars is one of the best games I have ever played, and it is a console rts game. Not all console rts game suck.
> >
> > You misinterpret me. I never said that all RTS games on consoles suck, I said that having RTS games on consoles suck. There’s a big difference.
>
> By that logic you mean that PCs are where RTS belong. Which is true - up until Halo Wars came along. Halo Wars was built from the ground up for consoles. It would not be as good on windows if you ask me. Fun - but meant for the 360 controller.

I believe your right. Compared to starcraft and other PC RTS, Halo Wars on the PC would be boring.

> > > > Halo Wars is one of the best games I have ever played, and it is a console rts game. Not all console rts game suck.
> > >
> > > You misinterpret me. I never said that all RTS games on consoles suck, I said that having RTS games on consoles suck. There’s a big difference.
> >
> > By that logic you mean that PCs are where RTS belong. Which is true - up until Halo Wars came along. Halo Wars was built from the ground up for consoles. It would not be as good on windows if you ask me. Fun - but meant for the 360 controller.
>
> I believe your right. Compared to starcraft and other PC RTS, Halo Wars on the PC would be boring.

The only leg up you would have is better micro management of building units and moving them around. In Halo Wars it’s harder to swap between the base and where you are battling. On PC it would be much faster and easier - but Halo Wars performs phenomenally on the 360 IMO.

Although it leaves out part of the Halo community, I doubt any other Halo game will be made for the pc after Halo 2 Vista. Many people didn’t like it.

> Although it leaves out part of the Halo community, I doubt any other Halo game will be made for the pc after Halo 2 Vista. Many people didn’t like it.

I gotta admit, if there ever was an RTS game fit for consoles, Halo Wars would that that game. The fact that you can control so much of your base with so little “mouse” movement, and because you can circle through the options of each building with the analog stick in such an elegant way makes it a very well adapted game for consoles. Sadly, I don’t think that’s enough. Even though HW covers base macro quite nicely it doesn’t cover unit micro at all almost. RTS games on consoles has always been clunky and slow that way.

I think the Halo franchise deserves some love from the PC-snobs as well*(not the FPS games, though)*. And I know people didn’t care for Halo 2 Vista, but this is an RTS we’re talking about. I imagine it would be greeted very differently.