Come here if you miss Halo

I’m feeling awfully nostalgic. Me and my buddies were just talking about the glory days of Halo multiplayer. And I know there’s a lot of CE fans but for this thread we will be talking about specifically Halo 2/3. Halo 2 is quite possibly my favorite game of all time and if it isn’t then its just behind Halo 3.

No doubt that Halo was most popular and most well regarded during the Halo 2/3 era.

These games had perfect formulas. Great map design, Balanced sandboxes, even starts, and competitive systems in place.

Then what happened?

Reach came in and changed everything. Added loadouts, stripped competitive systems, added bloom and randomness, added AAs which disrupted balance and scourged map design. Also the maps were just awful, and there were very few of them.

It was a setback, but everyone was hopeful that Halo 4 would return Halo to the glory days. Unfotunately instead of 343 building on Halo 2/3. It built on Halo reach and added even more randomness and changed Halo for good.

There will never be a numbered Halo game like Halo 2/3. 343 has taken it to far to turn back now.

But what about an offshoot game? A game that takes place in the Halo universe, but isnt considered a sequel.

Maybe it would be an xbla game or even a full blown game with a campaign and theater and forge and the works. Whatever it is, this is what it needs.

Balanced, Fun, Maps
No loadouts or armor abilities
Even starts
A competitive multiplayer system in the vein of 1-50 ( but not necessarily identical)

Honestly those 4 principles are what made Halo 2/3 so great.

Sure some will ask for a Halo 2 remake. but I, like many others, want more.

I want what Halo 4 should have been multiplayer wise. But new weapons, new vehicles, new gamemodes, new maps. There are tons of ways to add to the game without changing what made it great.

That’s what Halo truly is and what it needs to be. No sprinting, no AAs, no loadouts, no Xp based ranking system.

If you would like a Halo game like that please show your support. If 343 thinks they can make money on something then they would probably do it. So if you would buy something like this, then show your support.

Thank You

I don’t miss halo, I have halo 4 which i enjoy

Not a Halo 4 hae thread. I enjoy it too, and I will get Halo 5 as well. But I miss the old style very badly and so do a lot of people.

I don’t miss Halo, I love Halo 4 (flaws/community and all).
Halo 2 was very broken, with BXR and such, and use of it was grounds for a perma’ ban if an employee caught you doing it (source: Halo 3 forums).
Halo 3 had some game breaking glitches, but nothing too drastic.
Halo: Reach was a change, but very slow and boring.
Halo 4 brought back the fun of Halo for me, and I enjoy it way more than I did Reach.

> I don’t miss halo, I have halo 4 which i enjoy

This Halo is still here it has just changed and moved on and hopefully will continue in this fashion ever changing and evolving the glory days of Halo 3 and 2 are gone they should just forever stay great memories but they should not return we need people to keep trying new things and innovating not going backwards.

I know , I was thinking about that yesterday , the old halo days were awesome!
I could play halo 3 all day literally and halo 2 , I didn’t have online but damn inviting my friends to my house and spendt hours playing!.
I love Halo 4 ,it’s an amazing game , I do but I don’t know why but I don’t feel the “Halo Magic” you know…
I hope , really hope that Halo 5 will feel more Halo…
Greetings

If they took out AAs, and added equipment back, I would be happy.

Halo 1 and 2 are the best games in the series because both of them have a PC version which you can heavily modify and have a very good modding community. Halo 3, Reach and 4 all combined actually contain far less things than either Halo 1 or 2. If you want, you can download a mod for jetpacks, armor lock, sprint, equipment and all the other new stuff, plus thousands of other innovations that skillful modders have made. We just need a PC version of a Halo title so then no-one will ever have to beg 343i for anything ever again. But of course that will probably never happen because they and -Yoink!- want us to be 100% dependent on them.

> Halo 3 had some game breaking glitches, but nothing too drastic.

Just stop.

> I don’t know why but I don’t feel the “Halo Magic” you know…

Because it isn’t an amazing game. Because it is flawed. Because the old games were better and no one wants to admit it.

> Halo 1 and 2 are the best games in the series because both of them have a PC version which you can heavily modify and have a very good modding community.

Any modern halo game on PC would be amazing.

> > Halo 3 had some game breaking glitches, but nothing too drastic.
>
> Just stop.

Go play Halo 3 then, no one’s keeping you here.
But yeah, Halo 3 did have some game breaking glitches, some were patched (hiding under the stairs on The Pit), and some not (The Sniper trail dealing damage if you walked through it).

Yes, this is 343’s first Halo. Yes, they’re going to make mistakes. And yes, Halo 4 is not perfect.

But if we finally saw an update with a Classic Playlist, Improved Forge and Custom Games, and balancing, then this game would be much more bearable. But for now, it’s broken.

> Halo 2 was very broken, with BXR and such, and use of it was grounds for a perma’ ban if an employee caught you doing it (source: Halo 3 forums).

HAHAHA.

Halo 2’s exploitable glitches are what made the meta so unique. Watch any competitive SSBM game and you’ll notice the game would be super slow paced and have a low learning curve without exploitable glitches. The same went for Halo 2. BXR, BXB, Double shots, quad shots and reload-cancels gave the game a steeper learning curve if you wanted to compete effectively. It really separated inexperienced players from good players and gave players incentive to improve.

Also, the chances of an employee ever catching you doubleshot or BXR were slim-to-none. It’s more likely for a cop to catch and charge you for coming to a rolling stop at a stop sign. And I’m pretty sure they were more concerned about the abundance of modders. Players exploiting glitches were the least of their concern.

All your spiel told me is that you were either really bad at Halo 2 and have a personal vendetta against it, or that you never got the opportunity to actually get heavily involved in the community and feel the need to judge it from a distance.

Halo 3 was the best game of all time nuff said.

> > I don’t miss halo, I have halo 4 which i enjoy
>
> This Halo is still here it has just changed and moved on and hopefully will continue in this fashion ever changing and evolving the glory days of Halo 3 and 2 are gone they should just forever stay great memories but they should not return we need people to keep <mark>trying new things and innovating</mark> not going backwards.

So wait, instant respawn, kill streaks/care packages, perks, loadouts, hit markers, grenade indicators are new and innovative?.. Yeah ok then…

All Hope Is Lost , Halo is over now multiplayer wise it’s finished .

If you honestly think Loadouts and Armor Abilities are the reason for Halo’s decline then you are too ill-reasoned to argue with because nostalgia will get the better of you.

> If you honestly think Loadouts and Armor Abilities are the reason for Halo’s decline then you are too ill-reasoned to argue with because nostalgia will get the better of you.

Shut up seriously, nostalgia has absolutely nothing to do with this, Nostalgia doesn’t make a bad game good, I can still go back and enjoy Halo 2-3 as much as I did when I first played them, why? Because they were good.

Here’s a fact. Halo 3 was terrible. Slow pace gameplay. Boring maps. Horrible weapon bullet physics.

By the way to you people saying the glitches in Halo 2 were skillful then you are also saying that armor abilities and bloom take just as much skill since the exact same logic applies there.

> I don’t miss Halo, I love Halo 4 (flaws/community and all).
> Halo 2 was very broken, with BXR and such, and use of it was grounds for a perma’ ban if an employee caught you doing it (source: Halo 3 forums).
> Halo 3 had some game breaking glitches, but nothing too drastic.
> Halo: Reach was a change, but very slow and boring.
> Halo 4 brought back the fun of Halo for me, and I enjoy it way more than I did Reach.

You are entitled to your opinion but your facts are incorrect.

You could not be perma-banned for using button glitches in Halo 2. I dont care where you read that, its not true. Pro players used them on stream during every tournament.

Halo 3 had probably the least glitches of any Halo game…in terms of gamebreaking glitches… honestly I cant think of any…

Halo 4 is a glitch fest… to sit there and give your reasoning for the other games being worse is because of glitches then you should despise Halo 4.

Like I said, its your opinion but your opinion doesnt really make sense…

> > If you honestly think Loadouts and Armor Abilities are the reason for Halo’s decline then you are too ill-reasoned to argue with because nostalgia will get the better of you.
>
> Shut up seriously, nostalgia has absolutely nothing to do with this, Nostalgia doesn’t make a bad game good, I can still go back and enjoy Halo 2-3 as much as I did when I first played them, why? Because they were good.

If you like that bad game then yes it does make that bad game good. In your opinion. Halo 2-3 were okay but they were far from perfect and even farther from competitively perfect games. You are clouded with nostalgia.