COMBINE Spartan Ops and Campaign!

So I was thinking about what made me enjoy the older Halo campaigns and how they could be integrated into the campaign of Halo: Xbox one to make it the best campaign yet.

One thing I loved from Halo 2 was the the fact you played as two main characters, The Master Chief and The Arbiter…
My favourite feature from reach was being able to play as your multiplayer Spartan…

So why not combine these? What if, instead of Spartan ops we had another split campaign, one side with Master Chief and the other as “yourself”? Leading up to an epic final mission where the chief and your custom spartan fight side by side?

This would keep the general idea of spartan ops but would allow 343 to scrap it and bring back the fan favourite, firefight.

The main campaign should be reserved for Chief and his story, something I think 343 Industries has said is there goal with the Reclaimer saga.

> The main campaign should be reserved for Chief and his story, something I think 343 Industries has said is there goal with the Reclaimer saga.

You have a good point, I was forgetting the Saga’s whole purpose is to humanise Master Chief, another main character may distract the player.

> > The main campaign should be reserved for Chief and his story, something I think 343 Industries has said is there goal with the Reclaimer saga.
>
> You have a good point, I was forgetting the Saga’s whole purpose is to humanise Master Chief, another main character may distract the player.

it would definitely distract, especially if it’s your Spartan haha. It may be neat if MC made a cameo in Spartan ops though. Honestly as long as they improve it beyond the bs that was the repetitive garbage missions. Season 2 of Spartan ops was actually good. Other than that, it was very meh. They could probably just scratch Spartan Ops as well and put more effort into a long campaign. Gears 2 was a great game. It had a long campaign for a shooter, it was replayable with good set piece moments, and it had a solid MP mode along with introducing horde.

> So I was thinking about what made me enjoy the older Halo campaigns and how they could be integrated into the campaign of Halo: Xbox one to make it the best campaign yet.
>
> One thing I loved from Halo 2 was the the fact you played as two main characters, The Master Chief and The Arbiter…
> My favourite feature from reach was being able to play as your multiplayer Spartan…
>
> So why not combine these? What if, instead of Spartan ops we had another split campaign, one side with Master Chief and the other as “yourself”? Leading up to an epic final mission where the chief and your custom spartan fight side by side?
>
> This would keep the general idea of spartan ops but would allow 343 to scrap it and bring back the fan favourite, firefight.

Well, this is a fine idea, but the main campaigns for Halo 4-6 is about Master chiefs humanity.

> > So I was thinking about what made me enjoy the older Halo campaigns and how they could be integrated into the campaign of Halo: Xbox one to make it the best campaign yet.
> >
> > One thing I loved from Halo 2 was the the fact you played as two main characters, The Master Chief and The Arbiter…
> > My favourite feature from reach was being able to play as your multiplayer Spartan…
> >
> > So why not combine these? What if, instead of Spartan ops we had another split campaign, one side with Master Chief and the other as “yourself”? Leading up to an epic final mission where the chief and your custom spartan fight side by side?
> >
> > This would keep the general idea of spartan ops but would allow 343 to scrap it and bring back the fan favourite, firefight.
>
> Well, this is a fine idea, but the main campaigns for Halo 4-6 is about Master chiefs humanity.

Maybe a skull would be better that you could use to replace Master Chief in the campaign, but it can only be unlocked after beating the game?

> > > So I was thinking about what made me enjoy the older Halo campaigns and how they could be integrated into the campaign of Halo: Xbox one to make it the best campaign yet.
> > >
> > > One thing I loved from Halo 2 was the the fact you played as two main characters, The Master Chief and The Arbiter…
> > > My favourite feature from reach was being able to play as your multiplayer Spartan…
> > >
> > > So why not combine these? What if, instead of Spartan ops we had another split campaign, one side with Master Chief and the other as “yourself”? Leading up to an epic final mission where the chief and your custom spartan fight side by side?
> > >
> > > This would keep the general idea of spartan ops but would allow 343 to scrap it and bring back the fan favourite, firefight.
> >
> > Well, this is a fine idea, but the main campaigns for Halo 4-6 is about Master chiefs humanity.
>
> Maybe a skull would be better that you could use to replace Master Chief in the campaign, but it can only be unlocked after beating the game?

I think that’d be a neat compromise. If they went back to the in-game generated cutscenes instead of pre-generated like h4’s, it’d work beautifully.

> > The main campaign should be reserved for Chief and his story, something I think 343 Industries has said is there goal with the Reclaimer saga.
>
> You have a good point, I was forgetting the Saga’s whole purpose is to humanise Master Chief, another main character may distract the player.

A spin off title could implement what you want.

The main campaign will be about chief’s story but I think its possible that the next campaign could have other missions where you play as someone else.

I would much rather have a good, legitimate co-op campaign with clear separation from the main story.

> > > The main campaign should be reserved for Chief and his story, something I think 343 Industries has said is there goal with the Reclaimer saga.
> >
> > You have a good point, I was forgetting the Saga’s whole purpose is to humanise Master Chief, another main character may distract the player.
>
> it would definitely distract, especially if it’s your Spartan haha. It may be neat if MC made a cameo in Spartan ops though. Honestly as long as they improve it beyond the bs that was the repetitive garbage missions. <mark>Season 2 of Spartan ops was actually good.</mark> Other than that, it was very meh. They could probably just scratch Spartan Ops as well and put more effort into a long campaign. Gears 2 was a great game. It had a long campaign for a shooter, it was replayable with good set piece moments, and it had a solid MP mode along with introducing horde.

Never existed mate. We only got 1 season. You meant part 2 of season 1 which was episodes 6 - 10

I have a small idea. How about if completing Spartan Ops missions we could get additional things for the main Campaign? Such as more Marine reinforcements or better equipment at the beginning of the mission? Maybe an air bombardment than wouldn’t be there?

Like actually helping the Chief without interfering on his story.

If they keep the spartan ops how it is as a complementing side story I would be fine with that. I kind of viewed it as the co-op campaign and I always loved playing it how I would if I was a spartan.
The campaign you play as if you were john. I think the fans will be able to keep those two apart, its not confusing I think but spartan ops and the campaign at least in the reclaimer series should remain seperate. That being said I wouldnt mind it maybe if like before a mission the spartan team you play in spartan ops disembarks and like makes a quip about a mission they just did to give some context where missions take place in respect to each other but that only works if master chief is placed on the infinity.

> The main campaign should be reserved for Chief and his story, something I think 343 Industries has said is there goal with the Reclaimer saga.

My thoughts exactly.

OP: Campaign, should be more focused on the Master Chief. SpOps on the other hand, should be more focused with our Spartans.

Very interesting idea, but I’m going to have to disagree as the campaigns in the Reclaimer Saga are meant to focus on Chief’s story. On the other hand, Spartan Ops can return and be made to feel more like a second campaign while featuring your very own Spartan.

I loved Spartan Ops in Halo 4, but I hope that if it returns it’s more of a second campaign this time around than a cheap target practice mode. Quality over quantity. 8 amazing missions are better than 50 mediocre ones.