Combating a Phaeton Helios

Greetings, all!
To get the obvious things out of the way…
Yes yes, I suck at Halo. Yes yes, I need to “get gud.” Yes, I should sell my xbox. Um, what else?..
Oh, of course, yes, 343 sucks for making the Phaeton Helios.
Okay, did I cover everything? I think I covered all the common non-constructive comments. Now for the topic at hand!

What’s your opinion? How do you successfully counter the Phaeton Helios?
…or As a Helios pilot, what are you constantly watching out for?

In my travels, I’ve found that once someone spawns in the Phaeton Helios, the game is pretty much over. Someone spawns it in, destroys every enemy vehicle in play, and destroys every spartan as they try to leave whatever armory they still have left (and eventually home base). I identify that the game cannot be won (or barely enjoyed) with that thing in play, so my top priority becomes taking that thing down. Any vehicle I spawn gets reduced to scrap metal within seconds. I can try to call in some heavy weaponry, but either 1) he sees me before I can utilize it, in which case I die, or 2) I get a round off, which attracts his attention, then I die and he continues to live, or 3) One of his teammates sees me eyeing him (there are eleven other spartans in play), and I die. Number three on the list is fairly common, I’m afraid. Dang.
Hmmm… lots of dying…

So, what’s your opinion? How do you do it?

Phaetons lack the manoeuvrability of the Banshee. Grab an Ultra or a Temple to combat them. Alternatively, anything that EMP’s will do the trick, especially Plasma Pistols because the tracking on them is maniacally overpowered. Also, a Railgun or Endgame Splaser will send them running if a couple of pot shots don’t down it.

And if your problem is being seen, spawn one of the aforementioned weapons at a safe spot, wait until your REQ level recharges, and get an Active Camouflage.

The Arclight is fantastic for taking these things down, especially from a safe spot.

> 2535429593088083;3:
> The Arclight is fantastic for taking these things down, especially from a safe spot.

And add a camo and you can destroy most air vehicles pretty quick also if camoed take your time sneak and get a flank to where they wouldn’t be focused

When I am in a phaeton I mostly worry about the lasers and banshee Ultras.

Grab a Rocket Launcher. Their evade might be able to dodge the rockets, but they will circle around and hit. SPNKr Em works best.

All great advice. Keep it coming =)

The Req Spartan Lasers was the only way I could do it.

Arclight and Endgame are my preferred weapons for taking out vehicles, including the Phaeton Helios. Even if you don’t have anything anti-vehicle, loadout weapons are pretty good as long as you hit the giant glowing weak point.

Selene’s Lance. Simple.

Okay, so what you want to do is: first, find a safe place to plan your attack, then, quickly reach behind your Xbox and unplug the power cable.

I heard a sentinel beam is deadly against phaetons.

> 2533274919101675;10:
> Selene’s Lance. Simple.

You’ll have to get a little closer to compensate for the recoil.

I’m tempted to try the sentinel beam if for nothing else just for lols.

> 2535429593088083;13:
> > 2533274919101675;10:
> > Selene’s Lance. Simple.
>
> You’ll have to get a little closer to compensate for the recoil.

Pfff, I never experience recoil.

> 2533274832309691;14:
> I’m tempted to try the sentinel beam if for nothing else just for lols.

The Sentinel Beam is quite nasty for a Level 3 REQ. As long as you keep your crosshair on target, you’ll tear apart a Phaeton with ease, let alone a humble Wasp.

Loadouts.
A few people with loadouts from more then one direction should kill it.

> 2535429593088083;16:
> > 2533274832309691;14:
> > I’m tempted to try the sentinel beam if for nothing else just for lols.
>
> The Sentinel Beam is quite nasty for a Level 3 REQ. As long as you keep your crosshair on target, you’ll tear apart a Phaeton with ease, let alone a humble Wasp.

Wait, really? I thought he was joking. Now I really am intrigued…

> 2533274832309691;18:
> > 2535429593088083;16:
> > > 2533274832309691;14:
> > > I’m tempted to try the sentinel beam if for nothing else just for lols.
> >
> > The Sentinel Beam is quite nasty for a Level 3 REQ. As long as you keep your crosshair on target, you’ll tear apart a Phaeton with ease, let alone a humble Wasp.
>
> Wait, really? I thought he was joking. Now I really am intrigued…

Try testing it out in Forge with a friend inside the Phaeton, while you blast away at its glowing weak spot with a Sentinel Beam. You’ll be pleasantly surprised at the results.

> 2533274810001991;11:
> Okay, so what you want to do is: first, find a safe place to plan your attack, then, quickly reach behind your Xbox and unplug the power cable.

Should I be concerned if the game didn’t turn off after that?