Combat Evolved???? More like combat CoDvolved.

That was my impression of watching stra8rippin’ and that other team play against each other in HALO 5 on Midship. It reminded me of Call of Duty with ProMod. Very fast, low time to kill, lots of running around and jumping and kinda randomness. The thruster pack made it seem more like Cyrsis 3 MP as did the wall grab mechanic. But too me, the most egregious and NOT HALOesque aspect of HALO 5 was the low time too kill. It seemed that the DMR could just be spamed at players and there was no need for headshots. The AR even seemed OP, in that it was killing in like half a clip or less

The MCC matchmaking issues and the HALO 5 reveal have me un-easy about 343’s capacity to carry on the legacy of HALO and continue to move the series into new horizons. Maybe it’s not HALO that needs to evolve… Maybe 343 does.

Thoughts.

???

Low time to kill, no headshot needed with DMR and Assault Rifle OP wha?

It’s not like halo 4 had thruster pack already. That was also a new gametype called breakout. There are no shields, just health, also fun fact everyone had the same -Yoink- so it isn’t random.

> 2535443515466656;3:
> It’s not like halo 4 had thruster pack already. That was also a new gametype called breakout. There are no shields, just health, also fun fact everyone had the same -Yoink- so it isn’t random.

No shields? How come i saw shield flicker, and then why wouldn’t people just pull out their magnums to get the insta head shot kill?

> 2533274808578327;2:
> Low time to kill, no headshot needed with DMR and Assault Rifle OP wha?

Appeared low time too kill too me. And others are saying it. Like JackFrags for example. He knows a thing or 2 about comp FPS.

> 2533274796324000;5:
> > 2533274808578327;2:
> > Low time to kill, no headshot needed with DMR and Assault Rifle OP wha?
>
>
> Appeared low time too kill too me. And others are saying it. Like JackFrags for example. He knows a thing or 2 about comp FPS.

I’m confused though, does low mean fast since the time is lower or…?

If that’s that case that seems weird since the weapons seem like their usual strength to me.

> 2535443515466656;3:
> It’s not like halo 4 had thruster pack already. That was also a new gametype called breakout. There are no shields, just health, also fun fact everyone had the same -Yoink- so it isn’t random.

I have no problem with the movement to be honest. Although it reminded me a lot of Crysis 3, lol. Again, the low time too kill and overall gunplay is what concerns me the most.

> 2533274808578327;6:
> > 2533274796324000;5:
> > > 2533274808578327;2:
> > > Low time to kill, no headshot needed with DMR and Assault Rifle OP wha?
> >
> >
> >
> > Appeared low time too kill too me. And others are saying it. Like JackFrags for example. He knows a thing or 2 about comp FPS.
>
>
> I’m confused though, does low mean fast since the time is lower or…?
>
> If that’s that case that seems weird since the weapons seem like their usual strength to me.

It’s a lot quicker/easier to kill an opponent in HALO 5 than previous HALO titles, or at least that’s what it appears to me to be the case. TTK is revered to DPS (Damage Per Second) of weapons to enemy/opponent health. So a low Time Too Kill (TTK) means that it’s takes a shorter time to kill an enemy/opponent.

> 2533274796324000;8:
> > 2533274808578327;6:
> > > 2533274796324000;5:
> > > > 2533274808578327;2:
> > > > Low time to kill, no headshot needed with DMR and Assault Rifle OP wha?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Appeared low time too kill too me. And others are saying it. Like JackFrags for example. He knows a thing or 2 about comp FPS.
> >
> >
> >
> > I’m confused though, does low mean fast since the time is lower or…?
> >
> > If that’s that case that seems weird since the weapons seem like their usual strength to me.
>
>
> It’s a lot quicker/easier to kill an opponent in HALO 5 than previous HALO titles, or at least that’s what it appears to me to be the case. TTK is revered to DPS (Damage Per Second) of weapons to enemy/opponent health. So a low Time Too Kill (TTK) means that it’s takes a shorter time to kill an enemy/opponent.

Without having played the game, everything does seem to remain the same, the AR might be more powerful and if so that’s great in my eyes. The SMG seems to shred at it’s intended range. The BR is still 4 burst to kill with final burst to the noggin.

It might just look fast because the game as a whole is fast paced. And to you BR enthusiasts, the sound of it might also make it appear to kill faster since it’s current sound effect sounds like a single shot.

Evolution of gameplay. Things have changed since Halo: CE. Time to accept change and get with the times! That being said, we of course need to remain true to Halo’s roots and bring out what is unique in the franchise.

> 2533274808578327;9:
> > 2533274796324000;8:
> > > 2533274808578327;6:
> > > > 2533274796324000;5:
> > > > > 2533274808578327;2:
> > > > > Low time to kill, no headshot needed with DMR and Assault Rifle OP wha?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Appeared low time too kill too me. And others are saying it. Like JackFrags for example. He knows a thing or 2 about comp FPS.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > I’m confused though, does low mean fast since the time is lower or…?
> > >
> > > If that’s that case that seems weird since the weapons seem like their usual strength to me.
> >
> >
> >
> > It’s a lot quicker/easier to kill an opponent in HALO 5 than previous HALO titles, or at least that’s what it appears to me to be the case. TTK is revered to DPS (Damage Per Second) of weapons to enemy/opponent health. So a low Time Too Kill (TTK) means that it’s takes a shorter time to kill an enemy/opponent.
>
>
> Without having played the game, everything does seem to remain the same, the AR might be more powerful and if so that’s great in my eyes. The SMG seems to shred at it’s intended range. The BR is still 4 burst to kill with final burst to the noggin.
>
> It might just look fast because the game as a whole is fast paced. And to you BR enthusiasts, the sound of it might also make it appear to kill faster since it’s current sound effect sounds like a single shot.

I know, I cannot judge fully until I play it myself. Again the 60 frames might be the culprit here and you just perceive things to be faster because… Well, they are.

> 2533274792781997;10:
> Evolution of gameplay. Things have changed since Halo: CE. Time to accept change and get with the times! That being said, we of course need to remain true to Halo’s roots and bring out what is unique in the franchise.

Which is-

High time too kill
Power Weapons
Level playing field
Not casual FPS

Which i think 343 is hitting on most of that with HALO 5. But… there are some big things (like the TTK) they need to address. But again, it’s good that it’s just a beta. Hopefully the Beta will work tho… I mean… Like wow. Dat matchmaking in MCC… Yikes.

> 2533274796324000;8:
> > 2533274808578327;6:
> > > 2533274796324000;5:
> > > > 2533274808578327;2:
> > > > Low time to kill, no headshot needed with DMR and Assault Rifle OP wha?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Appeared low time too kill too me. And others are saying it. Like JackFrags for example. He knows a thing or 2 about comp FPS.
> >
> >
> >
> > I’m confused though, does low mean fast since the time is lower or…?
> >
> > If that’s that case that seems weird since the weapons seem like their usual strength to me.
>
>
> It’s a lot quicker/easier to kill an opponent in HALO 5 than previous HALO titles, or at least that’s what it appears to me to be the case. TTK is revered to DPS (Damage Per Second) of weapons to enemy/opponent health. So a low Time Too Kill (TTK) means that it’s takes a shorter time to kill an enemy/opponent.

Do you actually have any numbers? I saw a thread on here yesterday trying to calculate the H5 BR TTK, and it was pretty close to usual.

I find it amusing that people hate CoD for not changing but hate Halo for changing.

> 2533274796324000;12:
> > 2533274792781997;10:
> > Evolution of gameplay. Things have changed since Halo: CE. Time to accept change and get with the times! That being said, we of course need to remain true to Halo’s roots and bring out what is unique in the franchise.
>
>
> Which is-
>
> High time too kill
> Power Weapons
> Level playing field
> Not casual FPS
>
> Which i think 343 is hitting on most of that with HALO 5. But… there are some big things (like the TTK) they need to address. But again, it’s good that it’s just a beta. Hopefully the Beta will work tho… I mean… Like wow. Dat matchmaking in MCC… Yikes.

At least they get to play MCC…cries

Although I think the OP stretches a little, I can say that I more or less agree. The ‘flow’ feels way more ‘modern shooter’ (COD probably 'best overall example, don’t freak people) then the successful competitive Halos (1 through 3) did.

It’s still Halo… but it’s LESS Halo for sure.

> 2533274804898926;16:
> Although I think the OP stretches a little, I can say that I more or less agree. The ‘flow’ feels way more ‘modern shooter’ (COD probably 'best overall example, don’t freak people) then the successful competitive Halos (1 through 3) did.
>
> It’s still Halo… but it’s LESS Halo for sure.

Can you say that without having played the game though?