Color customization for emblems?

343 Industries.

As someone who has always been a strong believer in Halo’s customization system. I find Infinite’s severely lacking, which is something that has already been addressed and discussed to death. So I want to start a discussion on something that I feel is often overlooked, emblems.

Emblems are a core part of a player’s identity in Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo Reach, and Halo 5 (and ODST to a lesser extent). You were able to choose a foreground and background. Change primary, secondary, and tertiary colors, and even toggle parts of emblems off.

In Halo 5 we received a system that was extremely underwhelming in comparison. You had 1 emblem option. That being a preset nameplate and preset colors. The community hated it, 343 quickly changed it, and for the most part people were happy with the system even if it was a step down from previous Halo titles.

November 15 2021 comes around and the multiplayer beta is released. Leading to massive outrage due to the lack of content and extremely limited customization. However most of the discussion surround customization is (understandably) centered around armor coatings and armor cores. With very little actual feedback in terms of other minor customization features like emblems.

So to sum this all up, I simply ask that in the future, whether it be season 3 or season 4. Bring back color options for emblems at the least.

Sincerely,
A concerned fan.