Color Customisation Fix

Now, right off the bat, let me say that I hate Armor Coatings. Hate, hate, haaaaaattttte them. But, I think I have a way 343 can preserve the classic colour system.

It’s a Coating known as Classic. It’s exclusive to people who buy/use game pass to play the Campaign, and it’s split into three (Maybe more!) sections:

1. Primary: The classic primary.

2. Secondary: The classic secondary.

3. Lights: The lights on the Armor.

NOTE: If Visors are part of Coatings, Visor colours are a fourth option.

Finally, since this is attached to the Campaign, you can unlock things for it based on achievements from it. I have two examples:

1. If you complete the Campaign on any difficulty, you unlock the ability to have a three digit number on your Armor, just like The Master Chief himself.

2. If you complete the Campaign on Legendary, you unlock a colour called ‘Demon’. It’s basically Chief’s colour from Halo 3. Ya know, the one that couldn’t be used in Multiplayer? Perhaps you can also unlock this colour in MCC as well.

I know it’s not a perfect fix, but I think it’s the best we are gonna get. What do you think?

Are you talking about the armor coatings we saw in Decembers Inside Infinite update? If you are, I think they’re totally fine. I love the way they look. I don’t think 343 is going to exactly keep every aspect of the game “original” or “classic” as it might just get repetitive, especially armor coatings. I’m open to any new armor coatings, just as long as they’re not overdone, but something simple that feels you of halo, and based off of the armor coatings they showed us two months ago, i’m loving them. Just my opinion

> 2535471015334583;2:
> Are you talking about the armor coatings we saw in Decembers Inside Infinite update? If you are, I think they’re totally fine. I love the way they look. I don’t think 343 is going to exactly keep every aspect of the game “original” or “classic” as it might just get repetitive, especially armor coatings. I’m open to any new armor coatings, just as long as they’re not overdone, but something simple that feels you of halo, and based off of the armor coatings they showed us two months ago, i’m loving them. Just my opinion

I like the concept of selling extra Armor effects, but I hate how 343 is taking control away from the players.

EDIT: Or it could be Microsoft. Who really knows?

Armor coatings aren’t going anywhere and I’m sure that system is locked into place at this point in development. Visors are NOT linked to armor coatings and are separate. Its a great idea but that ship has long sailed…

> 2533274809988140;4:
> Armor coatings aren’t going anywhere and I’m sure that system is locked into place at this point in development. Visors are NOT linked to armor coatings and are separate. Its a great idea but that ship has long sailed…

It could still happen. It’s a loophole to be sure, but a loophole that’s beneficial.

Also, thanks for telling me about the Visor thing. It’s put my mind at ease, at least a little bit.

> 2535466187264694;5:
> > 2533274809988140;4:
> > Armor coatings aren’t going anywhere and I’m sure that system is locked into place at this point in development. Visors are NOT linked to armor coatings and are separate. Its a great idea but that ship has long sailed…
>
> It could still happen. It’s a loophole to be sure, but a loophole that’s beneficial.
>
> Also, thanks for telling me about the Visor thing. It’s put my mind at ease, at least a little bit.

Yeah in the Inside Infinite - December where they show the SR152 rewards they actually show two different visors with the same armor coating. I think in that same article they also state that visors, armors, etc. are all fully customizable. Its just the colors, patterns and wear that are linked to armor coatings.

It all depends on how many coatings they make.

If there are enough coatings in the game, then most players won’t struggle to find the one that’s right for them. Heck two of my friends are pretty much already sold on two of the few coatings we’ve seen so far, because they are already the exact color combination they would want to use.

Honestly, at the very least they should have all the colours from Halo CE to Halo 3 available as default, already unlocked “basic” (one colour) coatings.

> 2535466187264694;1:
> 1) Now, right off the bat, let me say that I hate Armor Coatings. Hate, hate, haaaaaattttte them. But, I think I have a way 343 can preserve the classic colour system.
>
> 2) It’s a Coating known as Classic. It’s exclusive to people who buy/use game pass to play the Campaign, and it’s split into three (Maybe more!) sections:
>
> 3) What do you think?

1. Why do you hate the armour coatings ? Most people I know don’t. What some of us are annoyed at is having our basic colour system replaced by a system that looks like it’s designed to be an egregious pay or grind for colours.

2. I don’t want to pay for my basic colours that we’ve always had, and you’re suggesting that those who buy the game or use game pass get the colour option.

3. What do I think ? You missed what many of us are annoyed at. The armour coatings look fantastic. But I see no reason to remove our basic colours in place of them. I think 343i have a great idea but they’ve successfully driven a wedge between them and many of us again. As things stand I will never buy their coatings, and that’s because it looks like they want to monetise our colours.

The only fix I can see is making the coating the pattern, and letting us choose the colours. But that’s never gonna happen.

> 2592250499819446;9:
> > 2535466187264694;1:
> > 1) Now, right off the bat, let me say that I hate Armor Coatings. Hate, hate, haaaaaattttte them. But, I think I have a way 343 can preserve the classic colour system.
> >
> > 2) It’s a Coating known as Classic. It’s exclusive to people who buy/use game pass to play the Campaign, and it’s split into three (Maybe more!) sections:
> >
> > 3) What do you think?
>
> 1) Why do you hate the armour coatings ? Most people I know don’t. What some of us are annoyed at is having our basic colour system replaced by a system that looks like it’s designed to be an egregious pay or grind for colours.
>
> 2) I don’t want to pay for my basic colours that we’ve always had, and you’re suggesting that those who buy the game or use game pass get the colour option.
>
> 3) What do I think ? You missed what many of us are annoyed at. The armour coatings look fantastic. But I see no reason to remove our basic colours in place of them. I think 343i have a great idea but they’ve successfully driven a wedge between them and many of us again. As things stand I will never buy their coatings, and that’s because it looks like they want to monetise our colours.

1. You, uh… You answered your own question there.

2. I have a good reason. You see, it’s no secret that Armor Coatings are a thing because the game is going free-to-play. So I doubt Microsoft will allow people to make the colours they want for free. Including it with the Campaign is, in my eyes, the only realistic option.

3. Then we’re on the same page. It’s not that they don’t look cool, because they do. But I hate that it’s taking away players agency.

I agree armor Coating is stupid we had the same system worked for years and yet again 343 finds a way to ruin some aspects of halo and this is why it wont be game of the year.

> 2535466187264694;11:
> > 2592250499819446;9:
> > > 2535466187264694;1:
> > > 1) Now, right off the bat, let me say that I hate Armor Coatings. Hate, hate, haaaaaattttte them. But, I think I have a way 343 can preserve the classic colour system.
> > >
> > > 2) It’s a Coating known as Classic. It’s exclusive to people who buy/use game pass to play the Campaign, and it’s split into three (Maybe more!) sections:
> > >
> > > 3) What do you think?
> >
> > 1) Why do you hate the armour coatings ? Most people I know don’t. What some of us are annoyed at is having our basic colour system replaced by a system that looks like it’s designed to be an egregious pay or grind for colours.
> >
> > 2) I don’t want to pay for my basic colours that we’ve always had, and you’re suggesting that those who buy the game or use game pass get the colour option.
> >
> > 3) What do I think ? You missed what many of us are annoyed at. The armour coatings look fantastic. But I see no reason to remove our basic colours in place of them. I think 343i have a great idea but they’ve successfully driven a wedge between them and many of us again. As things stand I will never buy their coatings, and that’s because it looks like they want to monetise our colours.
>
> 1. You, uh… You answered your own question there.
>
> 2. I have a good reason. You see, it’s no secret that Armor Coatings are a thing because the game is going free-to-play. So I doubt Microsoft will allow people to make the colours they want for free. Including it with the Campaign is, in my eyes, the only realistic option.
>
> 3. Then we’re on the same page. It’s not that they don’t look cool, because they do. But I hate that it’s taking away players agency.

We’re clearly not on the same page, you suggested that players who use game pass or buy the game get access to classic colour coatings. Why not just buy the armour coatings ? I want our basic colour system we’ve always had to use in conjunction with coatings at no extra cost.

That’s completely different to what you suggest. I doubt it will happen now, as I stated 343i had a very good idea and drove a wedge between them and part of the community again, something they excel at. As things stand I cannot and will not support the armour coatings.

There is not one good reason to remove our basic colours. Except egregious monetisation.