Color Blind Mode?

Any word on H5 having a color blind mode?

I’m not color blind but I play with enough color blind people to empathize with their situation. It would be nice if 343 would incorporate something to help them out.

I’m partially color blind on orange/pink, but I don’t think they should do a colorblind mode at all.

But what do this mode do? Just put in on grayscale or like what?
I know a few color blind too but their color blindness it’s a little bit different for each one.

I’m color blind and most games if it is available I don’t turn this feature on.

> 2533274866939692;3:
> But what do this mode do? Just put in on grayscale or like what?
> I know a few color blind too but their color blindness it’s a little bit different for each one.

Not even close. It changes the colors that the colorblind people can’t tell the difference of, to other colors that they can.

[Am colourblind myself]

Halo doesn’t need it; it’s team colours are distinct enough (Red and blue) that all but the worst afflictions of colourblindness would affect anything.

It’s more battlefield and the like where the colours/ teams are a lot less immediately recognisable, such as using greens and reds (A very common colourblindness) or whatever to identify oponents and friendlies. I myself use one of the settigns on Battlefield so that squad=grey, team=blue and enemy=red because the standard squad green and enemy orange look too similar for me to distinguish properly. Halo doesn’t really need it, it uses a much more distinct colour palette to differentiate it’s players and environment and HUD.

> 2533274866939692;3:
> But what do this mode do? Just put in on grayscale or like what?
> I know a few color blind too but their color blindness it’s a little bit different for each one.

To use an example; in Battlefield 4, the HUD uses the following colours;

• Squad colours = Green

• Team colours = Light blue

• Enemy colours = orange
    This is important as the an icon is placed on the map and above an enemy’s head in gameplay. for myself, the squad and enemy colours look very similar, so I often don’t shoot enemies as I can confuse them with squadmates and vice versa. So I switch to one of the five or so colourblind settings so that;

• Squad = Grey

• Team = Dark Blue

• Enemy = Dark RedThis way, the output changes the corresponding HUD elements to different RGB values, based on setting, to make it easier to distinguish different elements of the game. In this example, the squad colour looks extremely different to the others as the light grey is nothing like the darker colours, and blue and red are very distinct.

This screenshot shows the base setting on BF4. You can see the orange enemy infantry and tanks, team (blue)objectives and allies and your squad’s green in the centre
And this one shows one of the colourblind settings (Bottom right). This shows the different colours that can be set for the three classes of player.

> 2533274904944768;6:
> [Am colourblind myself]
>
> Halo doesn’t need it; it’s team colours are distinct enough (Red and blue) that all but the worst afflictions of colourblindness would affect anything.
>
> It’s more battlefield and the like where the colours/ teams are a lot less immediately recognisable, such as using greens and reds (A very common colourblindness) or whatever to identify oponents and friendlies. I myself use one of the settigns on Battlefield so that squad=grey, team=blue and enemy=red because the standard squad green and enemy orange look too similar for me to distinguish properly. Halo doesn’t really need it, it uses a much more distinct colour palette to differentiate it’s players and environment and HUD.

I use to shoot my own teammates thinking they where yellow but were actually green just like I was. I rarely jumped into the playlist due to this issue and would cross my fingers hoping I was blue or red.

> 2533274882470955;8:
> > 2533274904944768;6:
> > [Am colourblind myself]
> >
> > Halo doesn’t need it; it’s team colours are distinct enough (Red and blue) that all but the worst afflictions of colourblindness would affect anything.
> >
> > It’s more battlefield and the like where the colours/ teams are a lot less immediately recognisable, such as using greens and reds (A very common colourblindness) or whatever to identify oponents and friendlies. I myself use one of the settigns on Battlefield so that squad=grey, team=blue and enemy=red because the standard squad green and enemy orange look too similar for me to distinguish properly. Halo doesn’t really need it, it uses a much more distinct colour palette to differentiate it’s players and environment and HUD.
>
>
> I use to shoot my own teammates thinking they where yellow but were actually green just like I was. I rarely jumped into the playlist due to this issue and would cross my fingers hoping I was blue or red.

Multi-team I assume? Yeah. I admit I had forgotten about that one. The solution to that one is rather simple, though; red, blue, light green and black as colours. Or something else; that just requires a different fourth team rather than a setting.

Plus, Halo has very easy-to-detect aim assist (and the reticule going red over enemies) so it isn’t as much of a problem.

It most certainly DOES need a color blind mode.

For me, it is a major pain to differentiate friendly from foe when shields are hit.
I couldn’t even tell you whether an enemy has an overshield if you held a gun to my head.
The blips on the radar are a pain in the -Yoink-.
I’ve been told the crosshairs turn red if you aim for/kill an enemy, which is just plain impossible for me to see.

Even just having to look for all these minor differences, costs me precious time and effort, both of which should go towards the game, not basic matters like trying to find out if I have to shoot someone or not. By the time I can figure it out, I’m often already dead or half dead.

So please refrain from shortsighted comments like “Halo doesn’t need it” just because YOU don’t need.

Sure, if it benefits people.

I have killed teammates due to difficulties telling friend from foe. Mainly happens in Warzone but occasionally Arena as well.

I suffer from the same issue. When everyone’s shields are getting hit I cant tell who the enemy is until its too late. I understand 99% of people cant sympathize with this, but one small tweak could really help players like myself.

I am partially color blind red/green. It definitely would help if added to help.

I’m behind that all the way. This option should be as common as subtitles.

I have a friend who is colorblind and he cant decipher the colors from the environment and enemies in campaign mode, most notably in snow levels, who cares about the leg up the feature may give to non color blind people if it accessible to everyone?

Im very colorblind. All I want is for Allies on your map to be green/yellow, and enemies be red. Thats how it was in previous games and it was amazing. Half the time I think my allies are enemies on my map and vice versa.

Yup, I’m Red/Green deficient, and believe me, it would help a tonne. As some posters have said, once a shield has been hit, it’s a complete guessing game to me. It seems to me I’m having a harder time in H5 trying to distinguish by looking at the colour of the name showing over the guy’s head. Any way, it sure would help me out a lot!!

If you lack color vision like I do…don’t buy this game…people melt right into landscapes and it trash…get battlefront 3, least the devs did the right thing and put the option in there and you can actually be viable in it.

I’m so glad it’s not just me. Love the game but man do I suck at it. I just ran past the same guy twice lol, warzone I’m fine at but arena no good I can’t follow my opponents movement with my sights at all. Still love the game though and trying to figure something out that will work.