Colony Rush

Just been rushed by chopper/skitter and then spammed by engineer/skitter and leader. This new leader is ridiculous!

Chopper/Skitterer? That’s a very expensive rush, did you scout out and see it? What was the time mark that he attacked?

I can’t remember the time he attacked as it was a little while ago. I scouted around 1.30/2.00 but it’s a very easy to disguise rush as long as you lock your base or hide your units. He also bought a mini base on my side of the map before I even had a chance and I’ve got my Atriox early game down to a fine art. Because I play aggressive from the start and get map control, I didn’t have turrets - but I would have, obviously, if I knew the rush was coming. It only took 3-4 choppers with skitterers to kill my 6/7 grunts and chopper before I was defenceless (I was going fast tech 2 for locusts and anti infrantry). Then when the healing leaderpower comes in for good measure, it’s time to resign.

I’m trying to main colony. The leader is crazy. I was thinking skitters and S grunts. Wonder how that would pan out.

> 2533274876266577;3:
> I can’t remember the time he attacked as it was a little while ago. I scouted around 1.30/2.00 but it’s a very easy to disguise rush as long as you lock your base or hide your units. He also bought a mini base on my side of the map before I even had a chance and I’ve got my Atriox early game down to a fine art. Because I play aggressive from the start and get map control, I didn’t have turrets - but I would have, obviously, if I knew the rush was coming. It only took 3-4 choppers with skitterers to kill my 6/7 grunts and chopper before I was defenceless (I was going fast tech 2 for locusts and anti infrantry). Then when the healing leaderpower comes in for good measure, it’s time to resign.

You probably need to get better at the game sorry to be that guy. Atriox early game destroy your eco. I’ll stop here

> 2533274876266577;1:
> Just been rushed by chopper/skitter and then spammed by engineer/skitter and leader. This new leader is ridiculous!

I personally haven’t had much trouble​ against colony with cutter personally. I normally expo by 2 mins and fast tech 2. Normal comp of Cyclops, marines and something else usually works.

I suppose until people get used to him and find whatever is broken. In my opinion though he’s nowhere near op or brain dead as kisano was.

> 2533274843179500;6:
> > 2533274876266577;1:
> > Just been rushed by chopper/skitter and then spammed by engineer/skitter and leader. This new leader is ridiculous!
>
> I personally haven’t had much trouble​ against colony with cutter personally. I normally expo by 2 mins and fast tech 2. Normal comp of Cyclops, marines and something else usually works.
>
> I suppose until people get used to him and find whatever is broken. In my opinion though he’s nowhere near op or brain dead as kisano was.

Yeah, Kinsano was pretty awful. Even I could use her to win.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274876266577;3:
> I can’t remember the time he attacked as it was a little while ago. I scouted around 1.30/2.00 but it’s a very easy to disguise rush as long as you lock your base or hide your units. He also bought a mini base on my side of the map before I even had a chance and I’ve got my Atriox early game down to a fine art. Because I play aggressive from the start and get map control, I didn’t have turrets - but I would have, obviously, if I knew the rush was coming. It only took 3-4 choppers with skitterers to kill my 6/7 grunts and chopper before I was defenceless (I was going fast tech 2 for locusts and anti infrantry). Then when the healing leaderpower comes in for good measure, it’s time to resign.

Your best rank is diamond 3 mate, doubt your atriox play is a fine art. I would have 3 turrets and base shield way before colony got me with choppers and skitterers.

Good thing hunter captain is slow, people always try to garrison him by my main… it’s so much easier beating him to the garrison than atriox’s chosen. Some people use colony for that reason alone.

That Hunter Captain in the garrison tactic is being used a lot. I told my friend someone on youtube mentioned it. The next game our opponents did it and I ended up doing it later. I love it. Its just a big middle finger in your opponent’s face.

What is the best build for a skitter/engineer opener?

Well choppers should kill your couple marines, choppers are anti infantry and upgrade with the shrapnel round it’s food vs infantry. Some skitterers will buff the units slightly. You really should have thrown a turret on or built some kind of army early. 8 grunts isn’t getting the job done.

> 2716903703776124;10:
> That Hunter Captain in the garrison tactic is being used a lot. I told my friend someone on youtube mentioned it. The next game our opponents did it and I ended up doing it later. I love it. Its just a big middle finger in your opponent’s face.
>
> What is the best build for a skitter/engineer opener?

I’d assume a three Harvester/Apex opener. When people have tried it against me that’s what I’ve scouted at least

> 2533274799872358;5:
> > 2533274876266577;3:
> > I can’t remember the time he attacked as it was a little while ago. I scouted around 1.30/2.00 but it’s a very easy to disguise rush as long as you lock your base or hide your units. He also bought a mini base on my side of the map before I even had a chance and I’ve got my Atriox early game down to a fine art. Because I play aggressive from the start and get map control, I didn’t have turrets - but I would have, obviously, if I knew the rush was coming. It only took 3-4 choppers with skitterers to kill my 6/7 grunts and chopper before I was defenceless (I was going fast tech 2 for locusts and anti infrantry). Then when the healing leaderpower comes in for good measure, it’s time to resign.
>
> You probably need to get better at the game sorry to be that guy. Atriox early game destroy your eco. I’ll stop here

Thanks for the constructive feedback.

> 2533274876266577;3:

Of course 4 choppers w/ skitterers would destroy 7 grunt squads, a chopper w/ skitterer is around 450 supplies and 20 power vs 2 grunts which are 200 supplies. Hate to say it buddy but he just caught you with your pants down. Pretty much any hard early aggression against a fast tech 2 will result in a win.

> 2533275006811498;4:
> I’m trying to main colony. The leader is crazy. I was thinking skitters and S grunts. Wonder how that would pan out.

Just popping in here to tell you that Skitterers can’t attach to Suicide Grunts.

Honestly I don’t really care for his rushing, maybe a little early game harassment or expansion denial, but not rushing. His late game is amazing, devastating host and combat repair are godly. It makes for some longer games but his late game is where it’s at.

Engineers and Skitters are amazing early game.

Also in 2v2s. Goliaths paired with marines/flamethrower can be a pain to stop.

I been killing it with colony best strategy that leads me to win power pad supply pad 3 grunts with 1 skitter use hit and run tactics on forerunner power nodes in the meanwhile keep building supply pads and pump out grunts with skitters and soon have a decently powerful force of just that and get map control quick allowing me to delay the enemy while he’s occupied with nodes and I also recon constantly to determine the unit type I will build works all the time

I thought about 2v2 with johnson putting down a garrison for the hunter captain to camp in by the other sides base