Collisions between players need to be turned on

When there were no player collisions in the first flight, I initially assumed it was just because it was an early build or something. But being well into the second flight and still being able to phase through teammates and even enemies now has me a little worried. If this really is a design choice they might make, it is a wrong one. Player collisions are a physics aspect that has always been present, and logically so. Removing this not only takes away an element of immersion, but also has a tangible impact on gameplay.

These include, but certainly aren’t limited to, awkward melee mechanics, issues taking on multiple opponents, being unable to use teamwork to cooperate with a teammate to reach higher places, and potential disruptions to firefights by phasing teammates. Some examples:

Exhibit A - A player is preparing to take a shot with the rocket launcher. Just as he’s about to fire, a teammate walks right through him. The player’s rocket hits said teammate right in front of him, killing the player (also shows why team kills need to be turned on but that’s for another post).

Exhibit B - A player is about to finish off an opponent with the BR, when the opponent’s teammate phases through him, shielding him from the killing shot.

Exhibit C - Player misses a gravity hammer kill because the lunge + lack of collision causes him to charge right through the enemy.

Exhibit D - Here a teammate got in front of me, but I managed to phase enough of myself through them that I was able to shoot the enemy, which really doesn’t feel like a fair mechanic.

These are obvious not the only examples, but hopefully the point gets across that the absence of collisions is a detriment to gameplay. Hopefully they’ll be turned on by next flight so we can test the MP without these issues.

> 2533274926527272;1:
> When there were no player collisions in the first flight, I initially assumed it was just because it was an early build or something. But being well into the second flight and still being able to phase through teammates and even enemies now has me a little worried. If this really is a design choice they might make, it is a wrong one. Player collisions are a physics aspect that has always been present, and logically so. Removing this not only takes away an element of immersion, but also has a tangible impact on gameplay.
>
> These include, but certainly aren’t limited to, awkward melee mechanics, issues taking on multiple opponents, being unable to use teamwork to cooperate with a teammate to reach higher places, and potential disruptions to firefights by phasing teammates. Some examples:
>
> Exhibit A - A player is preparing to take a shot with the rocket launcher. Just as he’s about to fire, a teammate walks right through him. The player’s rocket hits said teammate right in front of him, killing the player (also shows why team kills need to be turned on but that’s for another post).
>
> Exhibit B - A player is about to finish off an opponent with the BR, when the opponent’s teammate phases through him, shielding him from the killing shot.
>
> Exhibit C - Player misses a gravity hammer kill because the lunge + lack of collision causes him to charge right through the enemy.
>
> Exhibit D - Here a teammate got in front of me, but I managed to phase enough of myself through them that I was able to shoot the enemy, which really doesn’t feel like a fair mechanic.
>
> These are obvious not the only examples, but hopefully the point gets across that the absence of collisions is a detriment to gameplay. Hopefully they’ll be turned on by next flight so we can test the MP without these issues.

There is collision with enemy players but not with allies but yes I agree with you collision needs to be there

1. No it doesn’t nothing is more annoying than trying to jump and getting moved out of the way when you are trying to move to a ledge. It should be in for customs if the player wants to enable it but that’s it. Honestly It should have been gone a decade ago after reach.
  2. Player collision really does not have much impact on PvP anymore since most of the jumps can now be made if the grapple shot or the repulsor. It only serves to annoy tf out of every1
  3. player collision belongs to the gulag

> 2535456689077316;2:
> > 2533274926527272;1:
> > When there were no player collisions in the first flight, I initially assumed it was just because it was an early build or something. But being well into the second flight and still being able to phase through teammates and even enemies now has me a little worried. If this really is a design choice they might make, it is a wrong one. Player collisions are a physics aspect that has always been present, and logically so. Removing this not only takes away an element of immersion, but also has a tangible impact on gameplay.
> >
> > These include, but certainly aren’t limited to, awkward melee mechanics, issues taking on multiple opponents, being unable to use teamwork to cooperate with a teammate to reach higher places, and potential disruptions to firefights by phasing teammates. Some examples:
> >
> > Exhibit A - A player is preparing to take a shot with the rocket launcher. Just as he’s about to fire, a teammate walks right through him. The player’s rocket hits said teammate right in front of him, killing the player (also shows why team kills need to be turned on but that’s for another post).
> >
> > Exhibit B - A player is about to finish off an opponent with the BR, when the opponent’s teammate phases through him, shielding him from the killing shot.
> >
> > Exhibit C - Player misses a gravity hammer kill because the lunge + lack of collision causes him to charge right through the enemy.
> >
> > Exhibit D - Here a teammate got in front of me, but I managed to phase enough of myself through them that I was able to shoot the enemy, which really doesn’t feel like a fair mechanic.
> >
> > These are obvious not the only examples, but hopefully the point gets across that the absence of collisions is a detriment to gameplay. Hopefully they’ll be turned on by next flight so we can test the MP without these issues.
>
> There is collision with enemy players but not with allies

Hmm, I’ll have to double check that then. But even in that case, there are times when a player and an enemy will phase through each other during melee, like in the gravity hammer example in the OP. Happened to me just this past match actually (start at 0:19, use 0.25x speed). Definitely needs to be tweaked if it is turned on.