College Campus Issues

Hi, I know the severity of the problem, and I have yet to find any matches since two days ago which anyone can relate to; only got 8 matchmaking games 3 were completed from start to finish. But it’s been bothering me that I cannot join anyone session and I’m wondering if living on campus using their routers to play MCC might make joining sessions more difficult. And to anyone using campus wifi to play if they have any better luck than me. I can play fine on Horizon 2, but I can’t join anyone’s games, not for anything. But to 343, if there’s any way to look over this as well as the current problems are. I know I’m not the only gamer living on campus using school’s wifi but if anyone has any luck with that please share; any info can help. Thanks

You can check you NAT statues in the network settings if it isn’t restricted you should be fine. Now are you playing wireless or are you plugged in to an Ethernet?

Its not just you I can’t join any of my friends games unless they invite me, even then they have to leave there current game or campaign to invite me.

I believe this is a known issue and I hope it gets fixed soon.

also should be noted Im on my own home network.

> 2533274825178562;1:
> Hi, I know the severity of the problem, and I have yet to find any matches since two days ago which anyone can relate to; only got 8 matchmaking games 3 were completed from start to finish. But it’s been bothering me that I cannot join anyone session and I’m wondering if living on campus using their routers to play MCC might make joining sessions more difficult. And to anyone using campus wifi to play if they have any better luck than me. I can play fine on Horizon 2, but I can’t join anyone’s games, not for anything. But to 343, if there’s any way to look over this as well as the current problems are. I know I’m not the only gamer living on campus using school’s wifi but if anyone has any luck with that please share; any info can help. Thanks

You’re considering using Campus internet… Don’t bother, it’ll always be worse. At least from my experience. I heard most, if not, all campuses have strict NATs. I went to Shawnee State University for a year, and before my housemates and I decided to get TWC in our dorm (Which the campus actually allowed) I actually had to tether my iPhone 4’s 3G signal to play online with less lag.

Either contact your campus’ IT department and find out a way to increase the Internet speed that’s provided.

Also: if you are trying to john friends that are in the middle of a session (already mid mission in campaign or already in an active custom game) you won’t be able to. Period

> 2533274839199824;2:
> You can check you NAT statues in the network settings if it isn’t restricted you should be fine. Now are you playing wireless or are you plugged in to an Ethernet?

It’s Strict, I have tried wired AND wireless connections but nothing, still the same.

> 2533275021833577;4:
> > 2533274825178562;1:
> > Hi, I know the severity of the problem, and I have yet to find any matches since two days ago which anyone can relate to; only got 8 matchmaking games 3 were completed from start to finish. But it’s been bothering me that I cannot join anyone session and I’m wondering if living on campus using their routers to play MCC might make joining sessions more difficult. And to anyone using campus wifi to play if they have any better luck than me. I can play fine on Horizon 2, but I can’t join anyone’s games, not for anything. But to 343, if there’s any way to look over this as well as the current problems are. I know I’m not the only gamer living on campus using school’s wifi but if anyone has any luck with that please share; any info can help. Thanks
>
>
>
> You’re considering using Campus internet… Don’t bother, it’ll always be worse. At least from my experience. I heard most, if not, all campuses have strict NATs. I went to Shawnee State University for a year, and before my housemates and I decided to get TWC in our dorm (Which the campus actually allowed) I actually had to tether my iPhone 4’s 3G signal to play online with less lag.

> 2533274852021782;5:
> Either contact your campus’ IT department and find out a way to increase the Internet speed that’s provided.
>
> Also: if you are trying to john friends that are in the middle of a session (already mid mission in campaign or already in an active custom game) you won’t be able to. Period

For both responses:

I live on campus so we’re not allowed to bring our own routers, just connect to the wireless/wired networks that are available; sucky thing is we, the students of TC dorms, have complained to the housing department about this issues; they gave us our own wireless network but I (and I believe every TC resident whose connected to the new network) still have issues loading web browsers and apps on my phone; we wanted them to add more routers (one on each floor) because 2 routers can apparently run 5 floors of student housing. But maybe we can try contacting IT about adding more routers; but we went through housing for changing things about the internet.

> 2533274807273642;3:
> Its not just you I can’t join any of my friends games unless they invite me, even then they have to leave there current game or campaign to invite me.
>
> I believe this is a known issue and I hope it gets fixed soon.
>
> also should be noted Im on my own home network.

Well hopefully they do know; I can join games on Horizon 2 and any of my friends can join me; but not on this game; only once have I connected with a friend and I decided that we play matchmaking… BIG MISTAKE. After that; I couldn’t join them.

> 2533274825178562;6:
> > 2533274839199824;2:
> > You can check you NAT statues in the network settings if it isn’t restricted you should be fine. Now are you playing wireless or are you plugged in to an Ethernet?
>
>
>
>
> It’s Strict, I have tried wired AND wireless connections but nothing, still the same.
>
>
>
> > 2533275021833577;4:
> > > 2533274825178562;1:
> > > Hi, I know the severity of the problem, and I have yet to find any matches since two days ago which anyone can relate to; only got 8 matchmaking games 3 were completed from start to finish. But it’s been bothering me that I cannot join anyone session and I’m wondering if living on campus using their routers to play MCC might make joining sessions more difficult. And to anyone using campus wifi to play if they have any better luck than me. I can play fine on Horizon 2, but I can’t join anyone’s games, not for anything. But to 343, if there’s any way to look over this as well as the current problems are. I know I’m not the only gamer living on campus using school’s wifi but if anyone has any luck with that please share; any info can help. Thanks
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > You’re considering using Campus internet… Don’t bother, it’ll always be worse. At least from my experience. I heard most, if not, all campuses have strict NATs. I went to Shawnee State University for a year, and before my housemates and I decided to get TWC in our dorm (Which the campus actually allowed) I actually had to tether my iPhone 4’s 3G signal to play online with less lag.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274852021782;5:
> > Either contact your campus’ IT department and find out a way to increase the Internet speed that’s provided.
> >
> > Also: if you are trying to john friends that are in the middle of a session (already mid mission in campaign or already in an active custom game) you won’t be able to. Period
>
>
>
>
> For both responses:
>
> I live on campus so we’re not allowed to bring our own routers, just connect to the wireless/wired networks that are available; sucky thing is we, the students of TC dorms, have complained to the housing department about this issues; they gave us our own wireless network but I (and I believe every TC resident whose connected to the new network) still have issues loading web browsers and apps on my phone; we wanted them to add more routers (one on each floor) because 2 routers can apparently run 5 floors of student housing. But maybe we can try contacting IT about adding more routers; but we went through housing for changing things about the internet.
>
>
>
> > 2533274807273642;3:
> > Its not just you I can’t join any of my friends games unless they invite me, even then they have to leave there current game or campaign to invite me.
> >
> > I believe this is a known issue and I hope it gets fixed soon.
> >
> > also should be noted Im on my own home network.
>
>
>
> Well hopefully they do know; I can join games on Horizon 2 and any of my friends can join me; but not on this game; only once have I connected with a friend and I decided that we play matchmaking… BIG MISTAKE. After that; I couldn’t join them.

I’m sorry to bump this, but when I was in school, if you wanted to connect a game console to the school’s network, you had to walk to the IT department and register your console’s MAC address, then wait for 2 BUSINESS DAYS before it could connect online at all. If you set up on a Friday, you couldn’t game until Tuesday, Monday if you’re lucky enough… PC’s had a weird barrier too. I don’t remember what it was. The school was their own ISP, they didn’t use a business plan from a monopoly company.

> 2533275021833577;7:
> > 2533274825178562;6:
> > > 2533274839199824;2:
> > > You can check you NAT statues in the network settings if it isn’t restricted you should be fine. Now are you playing wireless or are you plugged in to an Ethernet?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > It’s Strict, I have tried wired AND wireless connections but nothing, still the same.
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533275021833577;4:
> > > > 2533274825178562;1:
> > > > Hi, I know the severity of the problem, and I have yet to find any matches since two days ago which anyone can relate to; only got 8 matchmaking games 3 were completed from start to finish. But it’s been bothering me that I cannot join anyone session and I’m wondering if living on campus using their routers to play MCC might make joining sessions more difficult. And to anyone using campus wifi to play if they have any better luck than me. I can play fine on Horizon 2, but I can’t join anyone’s games, not for anything. But to 343, if there’s any way to look over this as well as the current problems are. I know I’m not the only gamer living on campus using school’s wifi but if anyone has any luck with that please share; any info can help. Thanks
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > You’re considering using Campus internet… Don’t bother, it’ll always be worse. At least from my experience. I heard most, if not, all campuses have strict NATs. I went to Shawnee State University for a year, and before my housemates and I decided to get TWC in our dorm (Which the campus actually allowed) I actually had to tether my iPhone 4’s 3G signal to play online with less lag.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274852021782;5:
> > > Either contact your campus’ IT department and find out a way to increase the Internet speed that’s provided.
> > >
> > > Also: if you are trying to john friends that are in the middle of a session (already mid mission in campaign or already in an active custom game) you won’t be able to. Period
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > For both responses:
> >
> > I live on campus so we’re not allowed to bring our own routers, just connect to the wireless/wired networks that are available; sucky thing is we, the students of TC dorms, have complained to the housing department about this issues; they gave us our own wireless network but I (and I believe every TC resident whose connected to the new network) still have issues loading web browsers and apps on my phone; we wanted them to add more routers (one on each floor) because 2 routers can apparently run 5 floors of student housing. But maybe we can try contacting IT about adding more routers; but we went through housing for changing things about the internet.
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274807273642;3:
> > > Its not just you I can’t join any of my friends games unless they invite me, even then they have to leave there current game or campaign to invite me.
> > >
> > > I believe this is a known issue and I hope it gets fixed soon.
> > >
> > > also should be noted Im on my own home network.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Well hopefully they do know; I can join games on Horizon 2 and any of my friends can join me; but not on this game; only once have I connected with a friend and I decided that we play matchmaking… BIG MISTAKE. After that; I couldn’t join them.
>
>
> I’m sorry to bump this, but when I was in school, if you wanted to connect a game console to the school’s network, you had to walk to the IT department and register your console’s MAC address, then wait for 2 BUSINESS DAYS before it could connect online at all. If you set up on a Friday, you couldn’t game until Tuesday, Monday if you’re lucky enough… PC’s had a weird barrier too. I don’t remember what it was. The school was their own ISP, they didn’t use a business plan from a monopoly company.

Well, it’s not like that at all; just connect wired or wireless and then poof! you’re online.