"Collecting A Dream" Achievement Glitched

I have all the Skulls collected. 15/15. And yet, I don’t have the Achievement for it, and the Achievement tracker thing says it’s at 73% progressed.

I posted a picture of it when I tweeted the issue @XboxSupport for proof. Or you can check my Service Record here on Waypoint.

> 2533274823479666;1:
> I have all the Skulls collected. 15/15. And yet, I don’t have the Achievement for it, and the Achievement tracker thing says it’s at 73% progressed.
>
> I posted a picture of it when I tweeted the issue @XboxSupport for proof. Or you can check my Service Record here on Waypoint.

Odd. I unlocked mine just last night.

It also seems like the service record features another sub-objective, whereas the game does not as I posted here. I doubt they’re related, but still weird.

Similar thing has happened to me, I’ve unlocked 9 out of 15 skulls but the one for half of skulls is on 37% and all skulls is on like 12%. I hope they fix this as I’m close to 100% achievements!

Figured out how to fix it and earn the Achievement: You must delete your saved data on your Xbone hard drive. This however does reset your Campaign completion, Skulls collected, Phoenix Logs collected, Favorite Leader, and Total Time Played. Everything else stays saved in your Service Record.

That’s what I had to do. Only saddening thing to me was the Total Time Played reset. I had like 34 hours in the game, and now it’s reseted back to 12 hours. So technically I’ve put in 46 hours in the game, but my in-game Service Record doesn’t know that anymore. Oh well. For the Achievements. Plus, I’ll get that Time Played back anyways.

> 2533274823479666;4:
> Figured out how to fix it and earn the Achievement: You must delete your saved data on your Xbone hard drive. This however does reset your Campaign completion, Skulls collected, Phoenix Logs collected, Favorite Leader, and Total Time Played. Everything else stays saved in your Service Record.
>
> That’s what I had to do. Only saddening thing to me was the Total Time Played reset. I had like 34 hours in the game, and now it’s reseted back to 12 hours. So technically I’ve put in 46 hours in the game, but my in-game Service Record doesn’t know that anymore. Oh well. For the Achievements. Plus, I’ll get that Time Played back anyways.

Ugh, that sounds like such a pain… but as long as you’re sure it works…

Collecting a dream not working for me also :cry:

There is a possible solution I’m going to push to the Devs without requiring you to delete your save progress. This will have to come in a future Update if I can get them to apply it.

> 2535468286260497;7:
> There is a possible solution I’m going to push to the Devs without requiring you to delete your save progress. This will have to come in a future Update if I can get them to apply it.

This sounds amazing and thanks to you and the team for all your efforts. Hope to hear more soon. If it went in a future update which update do you think it would be?

Is there any chance you could give us further information about the solution and the bug? I have now played back through and got all skulls again and still no pop… so would be interested to hear what the issue is.

Just tried to complete COLLECTING A DREAM and the “Nightmare” skull will not unlock.

I have played the last mission three times now in a row with zero damage to the shields at the end, and it still will not unlock no matter what I do.

Being a 30 point achievement I really want this one.

MOREINFONEEDED any update from the devs on this one?

> 2533274874872263;8:
> > 2535468286260497;7:
> > There is a possible solution I’m going to push to the Devs without requiring you to delete your save progress. This will have to come in a future Update if I can get them to apply it.
>
> This sounds amazing and thanks to you and the team for all your efforts. Hope to hear more soon. If it went in a future update which update do you think it would be?
>
> Is there any chance you could give us further information about the solution and the bug? I have now played back through and got all skulls again and still no pop… so would be interested to hear what the issue is.

If I can get it in, it would come out with the Awakening the Nightmare patch.

> 2724945845976881;9:
> Just tried to complete COLLECTING A DREAM and the “Nightmare” skull will not unlock.
>
> I have played the last mission three times now in a row with zero damage to the shields at the end, and it still will not unlock no matter what I do.
>
> Being a 30 point achievement I really want this one.
>
> MOREINFONEEDED any update from the devs on this one?

The fix that would go in would be if you have 15/15 skulls that it grants the achievement. This is most probably occurring because the event firing off the achievement to Xbox live got lost.

It sounds like you are experiencing something a little different where you can’t get it the unlock to happen. Does your record say 14/15 skulls?

> 2535468286260497;11:
> > 2724945845976881;9:
> > Just tried to complete COLLECTING A DREAM and the “Nightmare” skull will not unlock.
> >
> > I have played the last mission three times now in a row with zero damage to the shields at the end, and it still will not unlock no matter what I do.
> >
> > Being a 30 point achievement I really want this one.
> >
> > MOREINFONEEDED any update from the devs on this one?
>
> The fix that would go in would be if you have 15/15 skulls that it grants the achievement. This is most probably occurring because the event firing off the achievement to Xbox live got lost.
>
> It sounds like you are experiencing something a little different where you can’t get it the unlock to happen. Does your record say 14/15 skulls?

His service record has 15/15.

Captain Cromy: Nightmare only works on Solo campaign - if you’re trying to apply it in skirmish or coop campaign it will be greyed out even if you have unlocked it

> 2535468286260497;10:
> > 2533274874872263;8:
> > > 2535468286260497;7:
> > > There is a possible solution I’m going to push to the Devs without requiring you to delete your save progress. This will have to come in a future Update if I can get them to apply it.
> >
> > This sounds amazing and thanks to you and the team for all your efforts. Hope to hear more soon. If it went in a future update which update do you think it would be?
> >
> > Is there any chance you could give us further information about the solution and the bug? I have now played back through and got all skulls again and still no pop… so would be interested to hear what the issue is.
>
> If I can get it in, it would come out with the Awakening the Nightmare patch.

ske7ch: someone needs to buy MoreInfoNeeded a beer/coffee/bearclaw/poison of their choice in thanks for this.

Thanks very much!

> 2724945845976881;9:
> Just tried to complete COLLECTING A DREAM and the “Nightmare” skull will not unlock.
>
> I have played the last mission three times now in a row with zero damage to the shields at the end, and it still will not unlock no matter what I do.
>
> Being a 30 point achievement I really want this one.
>
> MOREINFONEEDED any update from the devs on this one?

Check your PMs, I need you to try something for me.

> 2535468286260497;14:
> > 2724945845976881;9:
> > Just tried to complete COLLECTING A DREAM and the “Nightmare” skull will not unlock.
> >
> > I have played the last mission three times now in a row with zero damage to the shields at the end, and it still will not unlock no matter what I do.
> >
> > Being a 30 point achievement I really want this one.
> >
> > I really hope you get this in the next big update (Awakening the Nightmare) Moreinfoneeded, because this has been driving me insane since day one i replayed the campaign a dozen times or more when the game came out a lot of achievements were like this but most got fixed even tho you had to redo the objectives to get them which i think is wrong. But this is the one achievement that is STILL not unlocking which is kind of ironic because a few updates back when they fixed a lot of the chevos i think the one achievement they mentioned by name that was “fixed” was Collecting a dream and boy o boy is it not fixed

> 2533274802391754;15:
> > 2535468286260497;14:
> > > 2724945845976881;9:
> > > Just tried to complete COLLECTING A DREAM and the “Nightmare” skull will not unlock.
> > >
> > > I have played the last mission three times now in a row with zero damage to the shields at the end, and it still will not unlock no matter what I do.
> > >
> > > Being a 30 point achievement I really want this one.

He was able to successfully get his achievements.

Anyone else stuck on this one?

> 2535468286260497;17:
> Anyone else stuck on this one?

How come none of the recent patches have addressed this issue yet? My Collecting a dream and A lot extra achievements have been bugged for ages and apart from ske7ch making a forum topic on achievement problems 3 months ago, there hasn’t been any indication that they will ever be fixed.

> 2533274927436773;18:
> > 2535468286260497;17:
> > Anyone else stuck on this one?
>
> How come none of the recent patches have addressed this issue yet? My Collecting a dream and A lot extra achievements have been bugged for ages and apart from ske7ch making a forum topic on achievement problems 3 months ago, there hasn’t been any indication that they will ever be fixed.

The achievement system that was put in place for Halo Wars 2 uses Xbox Live server side event authentication (this is not a name, its just my description of how it works). If an achievement event is fired to these services, but is somehow lost by Xbox live, then it is never received. The Halo Wars 2 project knows nothing about this failed transaction as the Xbox Live portion doesn’t know it failed to receive a message it was not expecting, this leaves both sides not realizing there is anything wrong. The worst part about this, is sometimes the message finally makes it and completes the event authentication. We never know if or when, or how long this can take. The good news, for other titles, is that most Xbox games are moving away from this system as the option is now available for us on Xbox One. Unfortunately, because achievements shipped with this system for HW2, we can’t abandon it.

What we can do, is you tell me what achievements you need investigating, and I can try tell you why you don’t have them based on looking at services data, and we can see if there is another problem blocking you. If its a lost event like mentioned above, I’m not sure there is anything we can do that would not cause a performance issue with the game.

> 2533274927436773;18:
> > 2535468286260497;17:
> > Anyone else stuck on this one?
>
> How come none of the recent patches have addressed this issue yet? My Collecting a dream and A lot extra achievements have been bugged for ages and apart from ske7ch making a forum topic on achievement problems 3 months ago, there hasn’t been any indication that they will ever be fixed.

Also, I’m sending you the Skull that you are missing in a private message.