Coincidental Similairities

It’s no secret that many of the features in Halo 4 have striking similarities to CoD. However, I do not think 343i actually had this in their intentions. I think that many of the things that they are doing solve problems from past Halo titles, while still adding something legitimately new.

For example, in Halo 4 you will have a choice in your starting weapons, and power weapons will remain on the map. I think the real reason 343i implemented this system was to attempt to solve the utility weapon question. Since many Halo players disagree on what the true utility weapon of Halo should be and others criticize the usefulness of map placed weapons, 343i will let you choose your favorite utility weapons. This means that as long as the weapons are balanced, people are allowed to play they want to play in most of the gamemodes and gametypes like slayer DMRs/BRs become unnecessary.

Of course, this does not compensate for those who want truly classic gameplay. I believe that 343i confirmed the existence of playlists for people who enjoy this.

This is entirely true, yet people are still worried for some reason.

> This is entirely true, yet people are still worried for some reason.

… and others are just plain ignorant.

I think that a lot of people limit their definition of a Halo game to a very specific title. I have noticed that most people on this site are huge fans of Halo 2, and that is usually what these people refer to when they define a Halo game.

> I think that a lot of people limit their definition of a Halo game to a very specific title. I have noticed that most people on this site are huge fans of Halo 2, and that is usually what these people refer to when they define a Halo game.

When the skilled community refers to halo they think of a few things

• SKILL based matchmaking - self explanatory
  • Large skill gap - separate good from bad in the largest spectrum possible
  • Limitation of random game factors - the less randomness the better. Not player randomness. but randomness such as what armor abilities and bloom did to reach.
  • Balance - Not well balanced armor abilities, but true 100% balance. Start on the EXACT same playing field with the exact same features.

Refers to halo 1-3. People liked some features more than others, but for the most part the entirety of the ‘competitive’ community was proud to call themselves halo fans.

> > This is entirely true, yet people are still worried for some reason.
>
> … and others are just plain ignorant.

The ignorants outweigh the thinkers, unfortunately.

> When the skilled community refers to halo they think of a few things
>
> - SKILL based matchmaking - self explanatory
> - Large skill gap - separate good from bad in the largest spectrum possible
> - Limitation of random game factors - the less randomness the better. Not player randomness. but randomness such as what <mark>armor abilities and bloom did to reach.</mark>
> - Balance - Not well balanced armor abilities, but true 100% balance. Start on the EXACT same playing field with the exact same features.
>
> Refers to halo 1-3. People liked some features more than others, but for the most part the entirety of the ‘competitive’ community was proud to call themselves halo fans.

Halo CE only had one perfectly accurate weapon, and that was the sniper. The pistol was very accurate, but even it wasn’t perfect. Halo 3 also had BR spread, so really the only game that completely eliminated randomness by your definition is Halo 2.

You also seem to be opposed to variety. I really don’t think anyone wants to play a Halo, or any game for that matter, where nothing new or interesting happens in competitive gameplay. Frankly, we can’t simply expect players to do crazy things frequently enough to create unique matchmaking experiences. Thus, equipment in Halo 3 was born, which evolved into AA’s in Reach.

In order for variety to exist, some level of randomness is a must.

The problem is that people hate change. Always will and always have.

One comment I read about the new music in Halo 4 actually made me think about this topic. The comment was in regards to how the new music is completely original and different from the original tracks that Marty composed, and how the NEW composer is NOT recycling those tracks out of respect for Marty’s music. He does not want to pass off Marty’s exact work as his own. He wants to create his own, new music, whilst still allowing the music to FEEL like Halo (which, from what I’ve heard, he’s done a splendid job at just that).

343, as a whole, is in a similar boat. They are making a new game, a Halo game, yes, but a NEW Halo game; THEIR Halo game, not a BUNGIE Halo game. They want to redefine Halo in their own way, they want to do things in their own way, and they want to kick the series off again… in their OWN way.

Granted, some things seem like they’re rip-offs from other games… But lets be honest, EVERYTHING in modern culture and media is a rip-off of something else (in some way). Not to mention, Frankie has already reassured people that the game plays out differently than what it sounds like on paper.

I feel that very few people are actually giving 343 a chance to try and do something good for Halo, and its disappointing. I mean for -Yoink-'s sake, none of us have actually even PLAYED the damn game yet, and we’re all complaining.

I say, give 343 a chance, remain unbiased, and accept the FACTS. Too many people let their opinions blind them from the fact that we have no real idea where any of Halo 4 is going.

> The problem is that people hate change. Always will and always have.
>
> One comment I read about the new music in Halo 4 actually made me think about this topic. The comment was in regards to how the new music is completely original and different from the original tracks that Marty composed, and how the NEW composer is NOT recycling those tracks out of respect for Marty’s music. He does not want to pass off Marty’s exact work as his own. He wants to create his own, new music, whilst still allowing the music to FEEL like Halo (which, from what I’ve heard, he’s done a splendid job at just that).
>
> 343, as a whole, is in a similar boat. They are making a new game, a Halo game, yes, but a NEW Halo game; THEIR Halo game, not a BUNGIE Halo game. They want to redefine Halo in their own way, they want to do things in their own way, and they want to kick the series off again… in their OWN way.
>
> Granted, some things seem like they’re rip-offs from other games… But lets be honest, EVERYTHING in modern culture and media is a rip-off of something else (in some way). Not to mention, Frankie has already reassured people that the game plays out differently than what it sounds like on paper.
>
> I feel that very few people are actually giving 343 a chance to try and do something good for Halo, and its disappointing. I mean for -Yoink!-'s sake, none of us have actually even PLAYED the damn game yet, and we’re all complaining.
>
> I say, give 343 a chance, remain unbiased, and accept the FACTS. Too many people let their opinions blind them from the fact that we have no real idea where any of Halo 4 is going.

343 does need a naming team tough -_-

Humans are just stuck to repetition.
Just look at kids, they love seeing a movie for the 800th time.

> The problem is that people hate change. Always will and always have.
>
> One comment I read about the new music in Halo 4 actually made me think about this topic. The comment was in regards to how the new music is completely original and different from the original tracks that Marty composed, and how the NEW composer is NOT recycling those tracks out of respect for Marty’s music. He does not want to pass off Marty’s exact work as his own. He wants to create his own, new music, whilst still allowing the music to FEEL like Halo (which, from what I’ve heard, he’s done a splendid job at just that).
>
> 343, as a whole, is in a similar boat. They are making a new game, a Halo game, yes, but a NEW Halo game; THEIR Halo game, not a BUNGIE Halo game. They want to redefine Halo in their own way, they want to do things in their own way, and they want to kick the series off again… in their OWN way.

Actually, I think they are going full circle with the music. I think the music in Halo 4 sounds a lot like CE’s music, it has that same adventurous and vibrant tone to it.