Code Redeemed / Hard reset etc... "Buy Nightfall"

Redeemed the content via the card that came in my physical copy of the Halo MCC game. Didn’t work.

Contacted the support guys on the Xbox website and they took me through - Hard Reset, uninstalled my profile, another reset, uninstalled the Nightfall add-on, reinstalled and still won’t work.

Prompts me to “Buy Nightfall” in the Halo Channel App - takes me to the store where it says it’s already “Installed”.

Beyond frustrated with every online aspect of this game and its content - utterly disgraceful product (though thanks to the Xbox support guy, Yoshi, for sticking with me on it).

Amen brother.

Exactly the same problem for me. No beta Nightfall armour for us then.

Frustration doesn’t even begin to describe my feelings for all things Halo right now. (Sigh).

I have this same problem not sure what else to do

I, too, feel this pain. Fix this!

same problem here.

> 2533274890035238;1:
> Redeemed the content via the card that came in my physical copy of the Halo MCC game. Didn’t work.
>
> Contacted the support guys on the Xbox website and they took me through - Hard Reset, uninstalled my profile, another reset, uninstalled the Nightfall add-on, reinstalled and still won’t work.
>
> Prompts me to “Buy Nightfall” in the Halo Channel App - takes me to the store where it says it’s already “Installed”.
>
> Beyond frustrated with every online aspect of this game and its content - utterly disgraceful product (though thanks to the Xbox support guy, Yoshi, for sticking with me on it).

Tried to watch today, and have the same exact problem. I scanned the code, it downloaded and installed, still prompts me to Buy Nightfall, which just takes me to the store that tells me it’s installed already.

Seriously, how difficult is this to get right? You almost have to go out of your way to -Yoink- this up.

FYI, the Nightfall series works for me now. To those that were having issues, check the Halo Channel on your XB1 to see if it’s been resolved for you.

For those still seeing ‘Buy Nightfall’, please try the following:
Launch Halo Channel by itself and:
a) Launch 'Remaking the Legend: Halo2 Anniversary
b) Fast Forward to 19 minutes into the video then let it hit the first Second Story unlock at about 19:24
c) Fast Forward to 44 minutes, 30 seconds, then let the video hit the second Second Story unlock at about 45 minutes
d) Hit X to Explore, and verify that both Second Stories are visible
e) Navigate though the Guide to find Nightfall

We have had numerous users report that after unlocking a second story, that the Nightfall message goes away. We continue to investigate the cause of this issue, and hope that this short term work around is useful in the meantime.

My said that its free but when i install it its still says to buy it can you fix it plz

Please don’t revive old topics thanks. Night fall issues are being tracked here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/4b66b79375424f41add6422ddef89ffb/topics/halo-nightfall-support-thread/a38513c3-f539-4f36-9209-db935da22147/posts