Cod vs halo4 which is more newb friendly ?

It’s pretty evident that casuals tend to be more entised with the cod franchise because it caters to the lowest common demonitor of noob. Kills are easier , the chess game is broken and unbalanced and there is very little verticality in cod games. The jump option was practically an afterthought put in by developers because all fps’ at the time had it.

It falls way short and pales in comparison to the amount of skill it takes to be succesfull in halo games in general. In halo you are not just reduced to flanking with your team and relying on fast reflexes to edge out kills, you actually have to apply cognitive and critical thinking as the chess game is more dynamic and the possibilities are endless when the battle is constantly changing and therefore dictating different actions and strategies. Cod is basically a kids game in men’s clothing. No wonder all my buddies are making the move from cod to halo this time around (and sucking at it too lol). It’s sad to see 3 people you know in real life that were beasts at cod with high kd’s come to halo and get owned so badly they barely maintain a 1.0 kd.

Essentially this whole myth of "more popular = better " is just that. A myth. And it has been dispelled. Real players who want a challenge go to halo , casual newbs that can’t hang go back to cod. That how it works , no doubt about it. It’s those same disgruntled people that make up the majority of complainers here. These critics can’t hang so they resort to raging. Typical. Don’t get bitter , get better is my advice. Learn tactics like higher ground , element of surprise , effective use of cover , proper flanking , vehicle effectiveness (and taking cover with them is equally as important), weapon combinations , battlefield awareness , one man ambushes , etc.

I’ll take a good halo player over a cod newb anyday. Halo wins leaps and bounds against cod in the “thinking-gamers” department. No competition.

I actually find the faster kill times in CoD to be harder on me. While my k/d in Halo is barely positive, my k/d in CoD is clearly negative.

That said, the real reason why CoD is more popular is strictly because more people appreciate living out soldier stuff than sci-fi stuff. That’s all. We could almost reverse the mechanics (shields becoming ‘stamina’ and soldiers miraculously jumping super high) and CoD would still be more popular because it’s about soldiers fighting terrorism.

I’m just going to say that halo 4 sucks before this thread gets locked.

Call of Duty doesn’t need skill all you need is a high RoF weapon with certian perks and attachments and you’ll always succeed halo requires more thought than spray and pray you have to be accurate to kill not hold R down

> Call of Duty doesn’t need skill all you need is a high RoF weapon with certian perks and attachments and you’ll always succeed halo requires more thought than spray and pray you have to be accurate to kill not hold R down

Oh, the common stereotype, too bad you fell for it. But you are right about perks and add ons.

I think they are the same because COD has always had a cruel ranking system. Kinda like the SR 130/70 whiners but evolved so much more. It promotes skill though as you mainly get xp for winning and your performance. This makes it non noob friendly until you get to higher levels or you rank your gun up high enough. Halo basically gives you everything at the start and usually there is a level playing field. COD also pushes toward prestiging which resets you, it will give you a xp bonus for a certain time but noobs can’t use it to its fullest.

Those are my reasons to why the are even.

^^^ They are not even in any shape way or form. You can put a person who has never played call of duty or halo before , to play a game of each. Supposing he has some prior fps experience playing other shooters. In cod , he runs around and gets a couple of kills and dies a little bit here and there. You put that same person on Halo and he gets completely owned, right off the bat. I’ve seen it happen numerous times.

I lol’d the day I went over my brothers house and saw my 6 year old nephew owning adult fps players in cod.

We then put in halo and I essentially shamed my whole family. Lol

> It’s pretty evident that casuals tend to be more entised with the cod franchise because it caters to the lowest common demonitor of noob. Kills are easier , the chess game is broken and unbalanced and there is very little verticality in cod games. The jump option was practically an afterthought put in by developers because all fps’ at the time had it.
>
> It falls way short and pales in comparison to the amount of skill it takes to be succesfull in halo games in general. In halo you are not just reduced to flanking with your team and relying on fast reflexes to edge out kills, you actually have to apply cognitive and critical thinking as the chess game is more dynamic and the possibilities are endless when the battle is constantly changing and therefore dictating different actions and strategies. Cod is basically a kids game in men’s clothing. No wonder all my buddies are making the move from cod to halo this time around (and sucking at it too lol). It’s sad to see 3 people you know in real life that were beasts at cod with high kd’s come to halo and get owned so badly they barely maintain a 1.0 kd.
>
> Essentially this whole myth of "more popular = better " is just that. A myth. And it has been dispelled. Real players who want a challenge go to halo , casual newbs that can’t hang go back to cod. That how it works , no doubt about it. It’s those same disgruntled people that make up the majority of complainers here. These critics can’t hang so they resort to raging. Typical. Don’t get bitter , get better is my advice. Learn tactics like higher ground , element of surprise , effective use of cover , proper flanking , vehicle effectiveness (and taking cover with them is equally as important), weapon combinations , battlefield awareness , one man ambushes , etc.
>
> I’ll take a good halo player over a cod newb anyday. Halo wins leaps and bounds against cod in the “thinking-gamers” department. No competition.

Both are casual friendly, Casuals make up a majority of FPS Gaming nowadays.

i always find it funny when people compare halo to chess. because they dont compare at all, really.

I don’t see people going 60-0 in halo so its has to be halo.
Well sorta.
The skill gap in cod is higher than halo’s.

> i always find it funny when people compare halo to chess. because they dont compare at all, really.

They do when every1 is on the same level. for instance.
Well in halo 3…
we see each other
I kill you
I die to your teammate b/c i was out of position or low shields
Since your teammates eyes was focused on me, my teammate killed him, got into position
prevents your other teammate from pushing forward

Chest
I take your pawn
your bishop takes my pawn
my rook takes your bishop, checks your king
forces you to make the non-preferred move.

so how aren’t these things similar?

There is no game in history that I can think of where the casuals aren’t the majority. Care to enlighten us ?

Halo is more challenging, and is more for Competitive minded people, the problem is you have to pray your Team feels the same as you do and cares about the win more than just the Exp even if a lose nets you less.

CoD, is quite simple and does not require the amount of movement that Halo does, and I have seen some people that just started playing Halo complain about how it seems you always must be on the move and move cover to cover almost at all times on Halo. While CoD is more based on weaponry than Halo is, and allows the casual going player to get some pretty over powered tools to gain the upper hand, or essentially camp entire games for easy kills due to the unrealistic kill times for the most part.

I myself, enjoyed CoD before they added in some weapons that just make me face palm, and Crysis 2 went the same route and look what it did to it, it failed hard due to the CoD related additions. Now Crysis 3 has essentially copied everything Halo 4 added this go around and threw out the more CoD related material, the copies include a Mantis clone lulz and so much more.

If a game essentially turns into a frag fest or the kill times are long winded or weapons are to overpowering to complement them, if its name is not CoD then you can bet people are going to complain and CoD is going to still be successful, even if its CoD that has all those horrible features already. Its pretty ridiculous honestly and I cant stand what the CoD has become, much preferred when it was based around actual events and a new game was not released every year just to suck up more cash for Activision.

The chess analogy applies perfectly here. It is used metaphorically to explain the depth of strategic possibilities in the game. For every action there is a reaction or counter. Yet it is asymetrical .

Complexity of probabilities.

> > i always find it funny when people compare halo to chess. because they dont compare at all, really.
>
> They do when every1 is on the same level. for instance.
> Well in halo 3…
> we see each other
> I kill you
> I die to your teammate b/c i was out of position or low shields
> Since your teammates eyes was focused on me, my teammate killed him, got into position
> prevents your other teammate from pushing forward
>
>
> Chest
> I take your pawn
> your bishop takes my pawn
> my rook takes your bishop, checks your king
> forces you to make the non-preferred move.
>
>
>
>
>
> so how aren’t these things similar?

They are very similar in my opinion, both Halo’s Story and Multiplayer have a lot of Chess related parts within its overall structure.

I feel Halo 4 still has that dynamic, but they are treading on the grounds that Halo does not want to walk on in general mostly with the Personal Ordinance system, it does add a kink in Halo’s formula now and then depending on the situation at the time.

If Halo 4 is played out as normal, then everyone indeed does act like a chess piece, and in the beginning everyone is a pawn and throughout the game the pawns are separated from the others based on skill and strategy. That is how it is meant to play out in my opinion if a team sticks together and uses precision to take down the other, Halo’s game types reinforce this.

As long as Halo keeps its more balanced formula and emphasis’s on it, then it will continue to play out as it is meant to as a very challenging, strategic, game. While there are different Loadout’s now, these in general work toward Halo’s advantage and make games even more asymmetric and force players to think more about their decisions because now we do not know what the other player may have in their possession from the get go.

Now if we ever… ever… have a Halo where we are spawning right off the get off with Rocket Launchers, Snipers, etc… and it is in Matchmaking, not Custom Games or Firefight, such, then I will simply drop all support for the Halo Franchise. Thats somewhere I never want to see Halo go, it would break every foundation built since Halo CE. CoD and Crysis are already going there and one of those series is doing poorly because of it honestly.

noobtubes. Thats all I gotta say. Dang noobtubes.

If this upcoming Title Update, does indeed add a bit more balance and some of the requests that have been asked for, and I understand most of the requests are for a valid and great reason, then I can see Halo 4 growing and becoming much better for both itself and fans alike.

I feel all of us as a whole, even those who feel disappointed in some ways, want Halo to succeed and become the best experience possible, and we also want the developers to be our friends in general and people we respect I believe. CoD suffers in a lot of ways because nothing truly has changed in years, this goes for the Engine as well, which is not a good thing, people will eventually simply move on and decide the series is not worth bothering with anymore because of its flaws that have not been improved on.

I really do not want to see Halo suffer, not anymore than it has already, that goes for Story and Multiplayer, there are some pretty knowledgeable fans, players, out there that love Halo for the right reasons. The truth is, the Community as a whole should be together and attempting to make our series and Microsoft/343i’s series since they are our Developers, the best possible.

We want our series to implement changes within its formula that are natural for Halo as a whole, and I respect anyone who will come forward respectfully and let 343i know what we want from Halo ourselves, not the past but the future of it with things from the past included as some have already mentioned. I think most of the Developers, teams, know that we all have our hearts in the right place and just want to see it succeed for years to come.

We all want our gameplay and competition in each and every game to make CoD look like a piss poor comparison to Halo at its finest, we already have the Engine, and the formula and background from previous games to do so.

Looking at who is under 343i and who is there working on Halo 4, and future projects, I would say we should feel lucky as a Community to have such fine people working on our series, we just need to help them understand our own feelings honestly. I think even the Complaint threads help do just that, not that I respect them all that much :stuck_out_tongue: but I know 343i reads them regardless, I just hope everyone learns that they are human, they may not know everything we love about the series and pushing our ideas out there always help them and will improve Halo.

Tell them we want to be their friends and people they trust enough to talk to personally, thats really all we want is to know they truly care about us as people as well.

Let them know, Halo is better than this and better than any other Series that dare step into the FPS spotlight and we want it to become so much more, thats just my opinions :P.

Long read^ but worth it if your a fan of Halo in general, know I respect everyone on here, even if I may not seem to at times.

I have all but stepped away from FPS in general, I do not want Halo to be one of those FPS that I move away from, and I would love to see it improve beyond my wildest dreams.

Does it truly matter?