COD is dead, so stop referencing it.

IGN said COD was dead on Jan 28, and all of the videos are disliked on halo. DICE did the impossible: they killed COD. The next time someone mentions COD, I will strangle them with virtual fists. No one likes it anymore exept kids, who are the new target audience. No one say that Halo is not as good as it used to, because if Halo stays the same, it will die running like COD. We need change in Halo 4 and creative ideas so that halo doesn’t die running. Halo’s audience is too big than to cater to also. So, remember that halo is trying to please the most fans, and they are doing the armor abilities and other questionable ideas to keep Halo strong. I mean, COD re-released the same game since '07, and Reach was very different from halo 3. Halo 4 will have even better multiplayer and maybe a great campaign. Best of all, it will be different, but remind you of old games. So remember, COD is dead and this should be the last comparison and a statement that Halo outlasted COD and is therefore better.

What do you mean CoD is dead? and on the 28th?

I couldn’t agree more, same with the “experts.” I think whats important here is what 343i is going to do with the franchise, will they sell out like bungie? More importantly, especially in this day of gaming, are they meeting the gamers expectations. Are they listening to our questions, comments and concerns? I believe so.

> What do you mean CoD is dead? and on the 28th?

go onto youtube and look up IGN daily Jan. 28

only if it’s good change.

> > What do you mean CoD is dead? and on the 28th?
>
> go onto youtube and look up IGN daily Jan. 28

No, stop. A link is not necessary…

> > > What do you mean CoD is dead? and on the 28th?
> >
> > go onto youtube and look up IGN daily Jan. 28
>
> No, stop. A link is not necessary…

uhh… he didnt post a link.

> I couldn’t agree more, same with the “experts.” I think whats important here is what 343i is going to do with the franchise, will they sell out like bungie? More importantly, especially in this day of gaming, are they meeting the gamers expectations. Are they listening to our questions, comments and concerns? I believe so.

Bungie didn’t sell out. Reach was a great game, but it was rushed. Guess by who. Microsoft.
I love all of the AA’s except for AL. It had good potential, but it’s exploits are too annoying.

However, Reach’s weapon system is NOT balanced. However, they got the pistol balanced. For Halo 4, this is how the AR, Pistol, Br/Dmr weapons should be balanced:

Reach’s 4sk pistol, Halo 3 BR or Dmr, Halo 3 AR with 60 ammo.

That way, pistol has 2 kills per clip. Br/Dmr has 3. AR has 3 instead of 1.

Also remove ALL Aim Assist on sniper. It’s a sniper, it’s supposed to be hard to use. For all the other weapons, reduce aim assist by a lot! This causes an increase in Skill Gap.

Keep bullet travel for ALL weapons. Take’s more skill. HemmoRAGE would be playable with bullet travel. That’s why it worked with Halo: CE and not Reach. CE is bullet travel, which decreases the ease of cross-mapping.

Call of Duty is not dead. Look, I am gonna go play it right now. Seriously, I am.

Update: 9:03 PM - January 31st. Call of Duty is still alive with 271k people online right now despite what those IGNorant people proclaimed.

> > I couldn’t agree more, same with the “experts.” I think whats important here is what 343i is going to do with the franchise, will they sell out like bungie? More importantly, especially in this day of gaming, are they meeting the gamers expectations. Are they listening to our questions, comments and concerns? I believe so.
>
> Bungie didn’t sell out. Reach was a great game, but it was rushed. Guess by who. Microsoft.
> I love all of the AA’s except for AL. It had good potential, but it’s exploits are too annoying.
>
> However, Reach’s weapon system is NOT balanced. However, they got the pistol balanced. For Halo 4, this is how the AR, Pistol, Br/Dmr weapons should be balanced:
>
> Reach’s 4sk pistol, Halo 3 BR or Dmr, Halo 3 AR with 60 ammo.
>
> That way, pistol has 2 kills per clip. Br/Dmr has 3. AR has 3 instead of 1.
>
> Also remove ALL Aim Assist on sniper. It’s a sniper, it’s supposed to be hard to use. For all the other weapons, reduce aim assist by a lot! This causes an increase in Skill Gap.
>
> Keep bullet travel for ALL weapons. Take’s more skill. HemmoRAGE would be playable with bullet travel. That’s why it worked with Halo: CE and not Reach. CE is bullet travel, which decreases the ease of cross-mapping.

Points taken; I don’t think anyone was holding a gun to their head though. You think its possible they rushed just to get it over with, I don’t think thats the case but it sounds as reasonable as microBill rushing them, eh?

> > I couldn’t agree more, same with the “experts.” I think whats important here is what 343i is going to do with the franchise, will they sell out like bungie? More importantly, especially in this day of gaming, are they meeting the gamers expectations. Are they listening to our questions, comments and concerns? I believe so.
>
> Bungie didn’t sell out. Reach was a great game, but it was rushed. Guess by who. Microsoft.
> I love all of the AA’s except for AL. It had good potential, but it’s exploits are too annoying.
>
> However, Reach’s weapon system is NOT balanced. However, they got the pistol balanced. For Halo 4, this is how the AR, Pistol, Br/Dmr weapons should be balanced:
>
> Reach’s 4sk pistol, Halo 3 BR or Dmr, Halo 3 AR with 60 ammo.
>
> That way, pistol has 2 kills per clip. Br/Dmr has 3. AR has 3 instead of 1.
>
> Also remove ALL Aim Assist on sniper. It’s a sniper, it’s supposed to be hard to use. For all the other weapons, reduce aim assist by a lot! This causes an increase in Skill Gap.
>
> Keep bullet travel for ALL weapons. Take’s more skill. HemmoRAGE would be playable with bullet travel. That’s why it worked with Halo: CE and not Reach. CE is bullet travel, which decreases the ease of cross-mapping.

Bungie never rushed Reach. They had all the time they ever needed to complete the game. Sure, they could always have delayed the release to implement a few more features, but they were personally very happy with the game. It was their most succesful Halo game to date. It was just like they intended it to be. Only problem was, many fans didn’t like it.

Are you taking IGN seriously? CoD isn’t dead by any means, there are still thousands of people play it.

> > What do you mean CoD is dead? and on the 28th?
>
> go onto youtube and look up IGN daily Jan. 28

There wasn’t even an IGN Daily Fix on the 28th. Typing that comes up with the 1-28 video from 2010!

What else am I supposed to play? Reach? BF3? Reach is horrible and BF3 is mostly vehicle -Yoink!-.

If H3 was active I would play that.

If I didn’t absolutely suck at Gears of War I’d play that.

MW3 is the only thing left.

Hopefully H4 has 1-50 and gameplay like H2/H3.

i cannot find this video or article or whatever anywhere

post a link or stop crying

Edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

Yes!!! COD in my opinion is completely overrated. It’s fun but not worth buying. Not much of a story either. I can’t wait for Halo 4 to release to end all this COD/BF madness. I’m so sick of hearing about the 2.

> > > I couldn’t agree more, same with the “experts.” I think whats important here is what 343i is going to do with the franchise, will they sell out like bungie? More importantly, especially in this day of gaming, are they meeting the gamers expectations. Are they listening to our questions, comments and concerns? I believe so.
> >
> > Bungie didn’t sell out. Reach was a great game, but it was rushed. Guess by who. Microsoft.
> > I love all of the AA’s except for AL. It had good potential, but it’s exploits are too annoying.
> >
> > However, Reach’s weapon system is NOT balanced. However, they got the pistol balanced. For Halo 4, this is how the AR, Pistol, Br/Dmr weapons should be balanced:
> >
> > Reach’s 4sk pistol, Halo 3 BR or Dmr, Halo 3 AR with 60 ammo.
> >
> > That way, pistol has 2 kills per clip. Br/Dmr has 3. AR has 3 instead of 1.
> >
> > Also remove ALL Aim Assist on sniper. It’s a sniper, it’s supposed to be hard to use. For all the other weapons, reduce aim assist by a lot! This causes an increase in Skill Gap.
> >
> > Keep bullet travel for ALL weapons. Take’s more skill. HemmoRAGE would be playable with bullet travel. That’s why it worked with Halo: CE and not Reach. CE is bullet travel, which decreases the ease of cross-mapping.
>
> Bungie never rushed Reach. They had all the time they ever needed to complete the game. Sure, they could always have delayed the release to implement a few more features, but they were personally very happy with the game. It was their most succesful Halo game to date. It was just like they intended it to be. Only problem was, many fans didn’t like it. - <mark>because it wasn’t a previous Halo.</mark>

Fixed.

> Yes!!! COD in my opinion is completely overrated. It’s fun but not worth buying.

Fun = Buyable. Just b/c you don’t like it, doesn’t mean everyone who does should immediately lose interest. I personally found COD4 to be amazing in many ways. But it’s “Ball in a cup”. It has it’s complicated moments but it’s essentially the same rounding motion over and over again.

Dogs chase their tales. Cats try to NOT look like morons when they clearly can be.

People will do whatever entertains them. Let them.

To anyone that actually worries/makes notes about ANOTHER franchises (most likely a rival one) supposed statistical progress easily points to jealousy on so many levels.

Why should it bother you? The opposing sides say the same thing about Halo. The only difference is, in societal actuality -

Military = Macho.
Sci Fi = Nerds.

However, these notions don’t bother me. <mark>I</mark> like what interests/entertains <mark>ME</mark>. If something doesn’t, there’s bound to be people that it will interest. They can have at it. Win/win.

> Are you taking IGN seriously? CoD isn’t dead by any means, there are still thousands of people play it.

And sadly Many of them talk trash about Halo…or call it Halo…so annoying. Don’t get me wrong I like the CoD campaign and Zombies, but that’s all. Multi-player matchmaking? No Thank You…

> > Are you taking IGN seriously? CoD isn’t dead by any means, there are still thousands of people play it.
>
> And sadly Many of them talk trash about Halo…or call it Halo…so annoying. Don’t get me wrong I like the CoD campaign and Zombies, but that’s all. Multi-player matchmaking? No Thank You…

I actually hated MW3, while I loved the other Modern Warfare’s. The maps were Yoink!, the dual FMG9 is annoying, the campaign was lackluster, and lag compensation. Uggh.

> > > Are you taking IGN seriously? CoD isn’t dead by any means, there are still thousands of people play it.
> >
> > And sadly Many of them talk trash about Halo…or call it Halo…so annoying. Don’t get me wrong I like the CoD campaign and Zombies, but that’s all. Multi-player matchmaking? No Thank You…
>
> I actually hated MW3, while I loved the other Modern Warfare’s. The maps were Yoink!, the dual FMG9 is annoying, the campaign was lackluster, and lag compensation. Uggh.

MW2 really bothered me in comparison to MW. The story felt almost exactly reprinted except with more “popcorn” moments. The “Airport” moment was nowhere near as controversial as anything I’ve seen in a Rockstar game. And finally, the immortal Captain Price angle just blew any logic out of the water.

You watched Price die RIGHT before your eyes at the end of COD4. Now somehow he’s miraculously alive and unscathed in the Gulag? I think from that point on, I didn’t finish the game sober. I didn’t want to remember that experience. Or lack thereof.