COD BO3 vs Halo 5

So I’m not a fan of the COD franchise at all. I’ve always hated the game for being a cash grabber and map pack/ dlc pay to play by Activision. We all know what Activision does. And always dislikes its yearly releases. I’m a Halo fan boy so I’m coming at this from the angle of someone who loves halo, reads the books, collects the action figures, and has played all the games. My girlfriend came over today and insisted we play the copy of Black Ops 3 my brother bought me but I never touch because it has split screen; that’s beating a dead horse though. I tried to explain the whole Activision and DLC thing but it didn’t go through. But when I started the game, I was impressed.
There was a Co Op Campaign, Multiplayer with many game modes, Zombies, And a new Nightmare mode which is a story driven zombies mode. And probably more i havent explored. This game felt finished and it pained me to know that Halo 5, over 3 months after launch, doesnt have half as much content as this game does. All we get is reqs. And the crazy part is, the content is fun. The co op campaign looks fun from what I’ve seen from my brother playing, I tried the zombies mode. Multiplayer ain’t bad. And my girlfriend and I had a blast in nightmare mode. I feel like Halo would be such an amazing game if it had the amount of content BO3 had. Any thoughts?

TLDR Halo falls short compared to Black Ops 3 in terms of content

Funny question in my opinion. HALO over Call Of Duty forever. But don’t take it from me, it’s personal. :video_game:

> 2533274905624999;1:
> So I’m not a fan of the COD franchise at all. I’ve always hated the game for being a cash grabber and map pack/ dlc pay to play by Activision. We all know what Activision does. And always dislikes its yearly releases. I’m a Halo fan boy so I’m coming at this from the angle of someone who loves halo, reads the books, collects the action figures, and has played all the games. My girlfriend came over today and insisted we play the copy of Black Ops 3 my brother bought me but I never touch because it has split screen; that’s beating a dead horse though. I tried to explain the whole Activision and DLC thing but it didn’t go through. But when I started the game, I was impressed.
> There was a Co Op Campaign, Multiplayer with many game modes, Zombies, And a new Nightmare mode which is a story driven zombies mode. And probably more i havent explored. This game felt finished and it pained me to know that Halo 5, over 3 months after launch, doesnt have half as much content as this game does. All we get is reqs. And the crazy part is, the content is fun. The co op campaign looks fun from what I’ve seen from my brother playing, I tried the zombies mode. Multiplayer ain’t bad. And my girlfriend and I had a blast in nightmare mode. I feel like Halo would be such an amazing game if it had the amount of content BO3 had. Any thoughts?
>
> TLDR Halo falls short compared to Black Ops 3 in terms of content

I bought the blops3 season pass and hardened preorder edition. I correctly guessed the campaign story in mission 2 and left it. I hated multiplayer and is the first cod I didn’t reach prestif=ge I’m rank 2 when I last checked left the -Yoink- that early. zombies Is decent but by then it was too late. Its like having 10 burgers full of -Yoink- or two burgers made by the guy in masterchef

They are un-comparable and should never ever be compared. Completely different games with completely different experiences.

Black ops 3 has more content. Way more.
Honestly the opinions on here are going to be skewed because this is a Halo forum lol. Everyone here is going to downplay Black ops 3 like they do all the call of duties. They don’t realize they are the minority. Cod sells more than Halo, is played more than Halo, and is viewed more than Halo. Those are the facts. Just sayin. I prefer Halo.

Bo3 has more Content, and more content is good.
But gameplay trumps all, and Halo 5’s gameplay is far better.

Apples to oranges.

> 2535467159460401;7:
> Apples to oranges.

how so, OP is not talking about gameplay or any of that sort, he is talking about content…
I don’t play CoD (not touched it since MW2) so I don’t know about the actuall content of the newest but if OP does not lie, it has at least Split-Screen, more gametypes and a survival/PvE mode, all those things are missing in H5 despite beeing a huge part of Halo for many years (well PvE not dor such a long time but still…)

I would like to remining you how 343 streched the truth with their Map count/DLC count as well (counting forge maps into the regular map count, half of the Warzone maps are just cut down versions of existing maps to fit WZA, half of the non-forge Arena maps are remixes)

So even even the biggest fanboy that loves 343 and their version of Halo should notice that the game is lacking content

> 2533274795070582;5:
> Black ops 3 has more content. Way more.
> Honestly the opinions on here are going to be skewed because this is a Halo forum lol. Everyone here is going to downplay Black ops 3 like they do all the call of duties. They don’t realize they are the minority. Cod sells more than Halo, is played more than Halo, and is viewed more than Halo. Those are the facts. Just sayin. I prefer Halo.

Twilight and 50 Shades of Nonsense are some of the most financially successful movies ever but that doesn’t mean sane people have to praise that garbage xD

> 2533274801973487;8:
> > 2535467159460401;7:
> > Apples to oranges.
>
>
> 343 streched the truth with their Map count/DLC count as well (counting forge maps into the regular map count

IIRC forge maps dont count towards it.

-Yoink!-. If you enjoyed Black Ops 3 then you might enjoy Black Ops 2.

Hint: it’s the same game but without double jump.

If I remember correctly, COD continues to use the same game engine it has used for the last 4 games. So that means that they just copy and paste gametypes with a few tweaks for new perks abilities. I’m pretty sure H5 was built using a new game engine. So a lot of the budget and time was used up just creating new assets. Its obvious that 343 built a new MP matchmaking sytem. That was sorely needed. Talking about COD, the campaign was one of the worst campaigns of a shooter I have ever played. I played all the way thru. But it was work. It was not fun in the least. Not to mention the ending was terrible, As in not entertaining. The zombies mode is the same thing as past games with just small tweaks. Again nothing new. I was sorely disappointed in that gametype as much as it is talked about on video game websites. The game, even though has “Content” it is rehashed. I got bored with MP at level 15 and have not went back. COD:AW is a much better game all the way around. But thats just me. I’ll be playing Halo for the duration of the XB1. I can’t say the same for COD:BO3. COD:BO3 will be dead in November when the next COD comes out.

CoD is sooo bad… they take advantage of idiots and suck the money out of them. new game every year with the same game engine. just switch up a few little things and kids fall for it and want it. Anyone with half a brain cell would play halo over CoD. CoD is only popular because of its advertisement over the years, plus having a new game every year keeps it fresh and helps maintain there player base.

no way ill ever start playing CoD again…after 1 prestige i realized i wasted too much time with teh game. it is no where near as rewarding as playing halo and earning a new skill rank. Ill be playing halo for rest of xb1 now. at least until gears of war 4 comes out. but i have a feeling gow might suck since cliffy b isnt making it

> 2533274825101441;12:
> If I remember correctly, COD continues to use the same game engine it has used for the last 4 games. So that means that they just copy and paste gametypes with a few tweaks for new perks abilities. I’m pretty sure H5 was built using a new game engine. So a lot of the budget and time was used up just creating new assets. Its obvious that 343 built a new MP matchmaking sytem. That was sorely needed. Talking about COD, the campaign was one of the worst campaigns of a shooter I have ever played. I played all the way thru. But it was work. It was not fun in the least. Not to mention the ending was terrible, As in not entertaining. The zombies mode is the same thing as past games with just small tweaks. Again nothing new. I was sorely disappointed in that gametype as much as it is talked about on video game websites. The game, even though has “Content” it is rehashed. I got bored with MP at level 15 and have not went back. COD:AW is a much better game all the way around. But thats just me. I’ll be playing Halo for the duration of the XB1. I can’t say the same for COD:BO3. COD:BO3 will be dead in November when the next COD comes out.

The halo engine I believe has been the same for quite some time now. H4/5 are definitely the same, but I’m not sure how far back the engine actually goes. They havent made any significant graphical/environmental/lighting upgrades in a very long time so what we are paying on today could have been used with reach/ODST or even further back (upgrading textures and adding small things can just be a patch) . A game engine is not something you make overnight, developing a new one would be a serious undertaking and I’m not sure they have done that.

I hadn’t bought a CoD game since MW2. 343’s direction with the Halo franchise has driven me to go buy BO3. I must say, I have more fun with it than I do with Halo 5. Yes, it has the sprinting and the gameplay features that drive me away from modern-Halo, but in a game like CoD, the sped up gameplay mechanics fit the style of game they’re going for.

> 2533274953693601;6:
> Bo3 has more Content, and more content is good.
> But gameplay trumps all, and Halo 5’s gameplay is far better.

That is true. But gameplay for Halo 5, for the majority of players it sounds like, myself included, is awful. There is so much lag, so many disconnects, and tons of latency issues. It makes the game unbearable a lot of the time.

Now I haven’t played BO3, and I probably never will, so I can’t say what it’s current multiplayer status is. But I would guess it’s leagues ahead of Halo 5 and its choppy servers.

> 2533274837720524;16:
> > 2533274953693601;6:
> > Bo3 has more Content, and more content is good.
> > But gameplay trumps all, and Halo 5’s gameplay is far better.
>
>
> That is true. But gameplay for Halo 5, for the majority of players it sounds like, myself included, is awful. There is so much lag, so many disconnects, and tons of latency issues. It makes the game unbearable a lot of the time.
>
> Now I haven’t played BO3, and I probably never will, so I can’t say what it’s current multiplayer status is. But I would guess it’s leagues ahead of Halo 5 and its choppy servers.

They are the same servers from what i am aware that being said What you said is the opposite for most the gameplay of halo 5 trumps BO3.

> 2533274885506317;17:
> > 2533274837720524;16:
> > > 2533274953693601;6:
> > > Bo3 has more Content, and more content is good.
> > > But gameplay trumps all, and Halo 5’s gameplay is far better.
> >
> >
> > That is true. But gameplay for Halo 5, for the majority of players it sounds like, myself included, is awful. There is so much lag, so many disconnects, and tons of latency issues. It makes the game unbearable a lot of the time.
> >
> > Now I haven’t played BO3, and I probably never will, so I can’t say what it’s current multiplayer status is. But I would guess it’s leagues ahead of Halo 5 and its choppy servers.
>
>
> They are the same servers from what i am aware that being said What you said is the opposite for most the gameplay of halo 5 trumps BO3.

I’m not a tech person by any means, but I highly doubt that Halo 5 and Black Ops 3 share the same multiplayer servers…

And what I said seems to be true if you go by these forums and other support forums for Halo 5. People everywhere have terrible lag issues, especially if they’re not in the United States.

> 2533274837720524;18:
> > 2533274885506317;17:
> > > 2533274837720524;16:
> > > > 2533274953693601;6:
> > > > Bo3 has more Content, and more content is good.
> > > > But gameplay trumps all, and Halo 5’s gameplay is far better.
> > >
> > >
> > > That is true. But gameplay for Halo 5, for the majority of players it sounds like, myself included, is awful. There is so much lag, so many disconnects, and tons of latency issues. It makes the game unbearable a lot of the time.
> > >
> > > Now I haven’t played BO3, and I probably never will, so I can’t say what it’s current multiplayer status is. But I would guess it’s leagues ahead of Halo 5 and its choppy servers.
> >
> >
> > They are the same servers from what i am aware that being said What you said is the opposite for most the gameplay of halo 5 trumps BO3.
>
>
> I’m not a tech person by any means, but I highly doubt that Halo 5 and Black Ops 3 share the same multiplayer servers…
>
> And what I said seems to be true if you go by these forums and other support forums for Halo 5. People everywhere have terrible lag issues, especially if they’re not in the United States.

BO3 Is peer to peer I’ve just read so you can’t compare really.

> 2533274885506317;17:
> > 2533274837720524;16:
> > > 2533274953693601;6:
> > > Bo3 has more Content, and more content is good.
> > > But gameplay trumps all, and Halo 5’s gameplay is far better.
> >
> >
> > That is true. But gameplay for Halo 5, for the majority of players it sounds like, myself included, is awful. There is so much lag, so many disconnects, and tons of latency issues. It makes the game unbearable a lot of the time.
> >
> > Now I haven’t played BO3, and I probably never will, so I can’t say what it’s current multiplayer status is. But I would guess it’s leagues ahead of Halo 5 and its choppy servers.
>
>
> They are the same servers from what i am aware that being said What you said is the opposite for most the gameplay of halo 5 trumps BO3.

BO 3 does not have dedicated servers.