Coatings & What You Want To See

With the new armors relying on color coatings I’m curious to see what materials and color mixes people are looking for.

Personally, im really hoping that for a coating that is yellow (preferably sand yellow or pale from halo 3) with small traces of purple.

I would like a Blue and Yellow armor coatings but with the color a bit tarnished and with it being gone in some places to show that it was used a lot.
But even if we don’t have one like it, I think the Funko one will do fine if it is the one on the figurine. Just hoping it’s a bit more metallic or solid than matte (I would still wear it through).

I like the option of having brighter color coatings, but I’d also like the option of more traditional camo patterns as well.

I hope there will be enough in the beginning to give us the colors we want. It would be silly to force us to play as an orange/green or blue/pink spartan when we want to be a violet/gray spartan.

I want a basic coating where you can customize primary, secondary, and tertiary colors that is available to everyone at the start.

> 2533275066912799;1:
> With the new armors relying on color coatings I’m curious to see what materials and color mixes people are looking for.

Anything that resembles the watchdog coating we’ve already seen. I don’t have the means or mentality to grind to level 152 in Halo 5(a game thats only on xbox and I have PC) to get the reward in halo infinite. I think this coating balances everything perfectly and has the right color in all the right places.

I want themed coatings. Sports teams, movie tie ins (Marvel would be a great start), Holiday events.

The important part is to not make them garish / ridiculous. Subtle nods to the theme. First and foremost they need to look like a soldier’s armour.

Gray primary, purple secondary and gold details. But that is probably too specific for a coating lol.

> I want themed coatings. Sports teams, movie tie ins (Marvel would be a great start), Holiday events.
>
> The important part is to not make them garish / ridiculous. Subtle nods to the theme. First and foremost they need to look like a soldier’s armour.

I respect your opinion and all but the amount of backlash this would cause would be insane.

> 2535424555550180;10:
> > I want themed coatings. Sports teams, movie tie ins (Marvel would be a great start), Holiday events.
> >
> > The important part is to not make them garish / ridiculous. Subtle nods to the theme. First and foremost they need to look like a soldier’s armour.
>
> I respect your opinion and all but the amount of backlash this would cause would be insane.

Depends how they are done.

For example - a nod to Captain America could be very cool. Just use softer colours. Was it Winter Soldier where he had the darker blue and less contrast with the red. Softer white (almost grey/silver) to the star. Kind of dirty / weathered look to the suit. Would look great on a Spartan.

The key is that it is a Spartan armour first and foremost. Just with colour combinations and patterns that respect the subject material.

And my footy team are the Hawthorn Hawks. Brown and gold stripes. Sounds horrible - looks awesome. My Halo 5 colours are brown and gold. My service tag is H4WK. I would macrotransact the doody out a Hawthorn themed coating. Of course I don’t want it to look exactly like a footy guernsey… just a connection. Some stripes around the torso. A v-neck to the top. More a metallic brown and gold. You could ‘authenticate’ it with a small “AFL” logo on the breast plate.

> > > I want themed coatings. Sports teams, movie tie ins (Marvel would be a great start), Holiday events.
> > >
> > > The important part is to not make them garish / ridiculous. Subtle nods to the theme. First and foremost they need to look like a soldier’s armour.
> >
> > I respect your opinion and all but the amount of backlash this would cause would be insane.
>
> Depends how they are done.
>
> For example - a nod to Captain America could be very cool. Just use softer colours. Was it Winter Soldier where he had the darker blue and less contrast with the red. Softer white (almost grey/silver) to the star. Kind of dirty / weathered look to the suit. Would look great on a Spartan.
>
> The key is that it is a Spartan armour first and foremost. Just with colour combinations and patterns that respect the subject material.
>
> And my footy team are the Hawthorn Hawks. Brown and gold stripes. Sounds horrible - looks awesome. My Halo 5 colours are brown and gold. My service tag is H4WK. I would macrotransact the doody out a Hawthorn themed coating. Of course I don’t want it to look exactly like a footy guernsey… just a connection. Some stripes around the torso. A v-neck to the top. More a metallic brown and gold. You could ‘authenticate’ it with a small “AFL” logo on the breast plate.

Good explanation, you changed my outlook on that. If it’s subtle and something as cool as the winter soldier like you described I’d be all for it. I’m a huge fan of marvel and dc myself so I wouldn’t mind that but at the same time there’s some part of me that wants halo to just be halo. If they really stick to this 10 year plan(which no company has when they claim this really) we’ll probably get some wacky stuff that a lot of people won’t like if I’m being honest.

A black and red coating that are in perfect positions. The problem is that coatings can’t have to much dark colors for balancing issues. I would like to see how they handle coating pattern in team matches. straight up all blue and all red ? maybe team coating in full team premades ?

> 2533275066912799;1:
> With the new armors relying on color coatings I’m curious to see what materials and color mixes people are looking for.

I just unlocked Watchdog so i’m all set lol. But I’d love to see more matte colors, worn paint, and military camo options.

like basically everyone else, I’m not for uncustomizable coatings, and have blah blahed around the forums since they where announced…

but basically, i want a couple coatings, maybe i can note how i want them customizable as well…

  1. Mjolnir basic UNSC green, give me that nice “Spartan II” color.
    I’ll probably be good with “Splinter Desert”

other than that specific color, like I’ve had as best i can for every halo game, its like neon for CE, i would want effects.

plasma burned, glowing plasma damage pulses on your armor.

mud, caked mud around your armor, did lil baby super soldier fall down?

… i won’t go into detail for it again, but monetization wise it doesn’t make sense to not sell each layer of customization individually, who the hell is gonna buy and switch between even 3 armor coatings, compared to -paid for- primary, secondary, tertiary colors, visor, helmet, shoulders, arms, torso, waist, legs, knees, boots, accessories, armor effects, and even HUD’s… i honestly believe once someone gets the closest approximation to their spartan they’ll never buy something again, but if you sell it all separately, or in packs, customizable, it sells more, cause you can then, -because you have the ability to- make small changes, for money.

anyway, that’s my short less detailed version of a concept i went in depth into about 3 weeks after they where announced. warframe has better monetization of customization.

but, for armor coating, give me UNSC OD green, and maybe mud or plasma. and my -blam- -blamite- CQB armor, again.
and to my understanding, “armor effects” are baked into coatings, so that’s 3 armor coatings, green alone, green+plasma, green+mud.

I would like to see some effects on the armor coatings and show they have impact in terms of dents and scratches on the armor. I think it’s hard to fathom a lot of things they can do with it since we haven’t seen it to this extent before.

> 2585548714655118;8:
> I want themed coatings. Sports teams, movie tie ins (Marvel would be a great start), Holiday events.
>
> The important part is to not make them garish / ridiculous. Subtle nods to the theme. First and foremost they need to look like a soldier’s armour.

Yeah there’s definitely a fine line between a halo appropriate nod to something maybe irl or from another universe and something that totally ruins the game’s mood and feel. I felt like modern ware fare did decently good with their cosmetics for the most part. Cold War on the other hand… pls don’t be like cold war

Black and yellow, clean, not too shiny, and no scratches.