Co-operative campaign

In my opionion, one of the best things about the campaigns of the previous Halo games was the ability to play through the campaign in co-op, both online and in Split-Screen.
With the addition ofthings like this it seems less likely that the campaign will have a near seamless co-op experience like the other games have.

What do you think about this?

everybody experiences it at the same time

The thing about CO-OP campaign in Halo from what happened in Reach is it degrades into a race to the finish for randoms. I would rather things like that elite that pins players like you see in L4D and the up coming Aliens: Colonial Marines forcing people to work together to surmount the level rather than who can run in front of the other and shoot first. I might have been unlucky, but I never really had a game in Halo except with family that we actually worked together in Campaign co-op.

It would be cool if it showed everybody in the cutscene, but I’m guessing it will probably only show chief for the cutscenes.

> It would be cool if it showed everybody in the cutscene, but I’m guessing it will probably only show chief for the cutscenes.

You are chief clones anyways…

> The thing about CO-OP campaign in Halo from what happened in Reach is it degrades into a race to the finish for randoms. I would rather things like that elite that pins players like you see in L4D and the up coming Aliens: Colonial Marines forcing people to work together to surmount the level rather than who can run in front of the other and shoot first. I might have been unlucky, but I never really had a game in Halo except with family that we actually worked together in Campaign co-op.

me and my younger sister take each halo on legendary on coop and we work together from start to finish

> The thing about CO-OP campaign in Halo from what happened in Reach is it degrades into a race to the finish for randoms. I would rather things like that elite that pins players like you see in L4D and the up coming Aliens: Colonial Marines forcing people to work together to surmount the level rather than who can run in front of the other and shoot first. I might have been unlucky, but I never really had a game in Halo except with family that we actually worked together in Campaign co-op.

Play it on laso with a friend. It’s very challenging and you have to work as a team or you will die over and over and over again…
It’s an awesome experience, I played every Halo (except Halo 2 and Wars) with a friend on laso and it was great fun.

> It would be cool if it showed everybody in the cutscene, but I’m guessing it will probably only show chief for the cutscenes.

Everyone looked like the Chief anyway in the original games anyway, apart from in 3 and Reach. In 3, player 2 was the Arbiter and players 3 and 4 were both normal elites, although they had a difference in Helmet.

I used to play with my friends. The first time I ever played Halo was on my Cousins xbox, split screen co-op, and I have played all the Halo Games with him co-operatively, more recently with other friends also.

The whole elite pinning the chief section shows the chief fighting it off in what is almost definitely a setpiece, where the player has no control until it has been thrown off of him. I really don’t think it would be good in co-op for one player to be forced to watch as the other fights off the last enemy, but it would be even worse if suddenly the second player is thrown into players 1’s position for a 5 second first person cutscene. This leads me to worry that there won’t be a 2/3/4 player co-operative campaign, and all co-op stuff will be forced into Spartan Ops, which I really hope it won’t be.

> > It would be cool if it showed everybody in the cutscene, but I’m guessing it will probably only show chief for the cutscenes.
>
> You are chief clones anyways…

Source?

> > > It would be cool if it showed everybody in the cutscene, but I’m guessing it will probably only show chief for the cutscenes.
> >
> > You are chief clones anyways…
>
> Source?

Have you played Halo CE/Anniversary/2 in co-op? He doesn’t mean actual, cloned DNA clones, he means you are both the Master Chief.

> > It would be cool if it showed everybody in the cutscene, but I’m guessing it will probably only show chief for the cutscenes.
>
> You are chief clones anyways…

From the direction of Halo 3, I’m guessing the non-hosts of the games will be playing as some spartan IV or maybe even their spartan IV possibly. Unless they already denied that.