Co-Op Campaign Characters...

…have yet to be revealed. Now, of course, it’s bossible that we’ll just get a couple clones like in Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2, or some other noncanon reason. But why not something more fun?

My idea is simple, and requires no canonical explaination: The second player is Kelly or a SPARTAN-III, the third player is Sarge, and the fourth player is Caboose.

Or, alternatively, Chief Clones in his past armor variants? Player 1 would be using the Chief’s upgraded Mark VI (Mark 6.5?), Player 2 would be using the regular Mark VI, Player 3 would use Mark V, and Player 4 would be using Mark IV (and, to make up for his Forever Alone status, he starts with a MA37 skin for his AR, while the other players get Default skins).

As mentioned, this requires no canonical explanation, and would simply be a more aesthetically-pleasing alternative to seeing four of the same thing.

Thoughts?

The first set is lame, but the second one seems more approachable.

The problem, I think, is that a lot of people might believe it’s supposed to be canon.
I could see it be cool, though.

> The problem, I think, is that a lot of people might believe it’s supposed to be canon.
> I could see your ideas be cool, though.

It’s possible to make that mistake if you’re new to the series. Hell, when I was a kid and I was playing Halo: Combat Evolved with my brother, I used to think that Chief #2 was Chief #1’s brother.

I do believe they have scrapped the Co-Op Campaign altogether in favor of Spartan Ops, though I believe that if Co-Op characters are really necessary: they should use Blue Team.

> I do believe they have scrapped the Co-Op Campaign altogether in favor of Spartan Ops, though I believe that if Co-Op characters are really necessary: they should use Blue Team.

You mean the Blue Team John used to lead? And why would they scrap Co-op Campaign?

> > The problem, I think, is that a lot of people might believe it’s supposed to be canon.
> > I could see your ideas be cool, though.
>
> It’s possible to make that mistake if you’re new to the series. Hell, when I was a kid and I was playing Halo: Combat Evolved with my brother, I used to think that Chief #2 was Chief #1’s brother.

Ah ah. :smiley:
I actually think Chief clones break canon to a much lesser extent, though.

It was said over 3 months ago that they would be Chief clones.

> It was said over 3 months ago that they would be Chief clones.

Source?

If the co-op characters are going to be Chief clones, or another kind of essentially nameless other Spartans, I’m kinda hoping there will be a skull or option so that you and your friends can play campaign in your multiplayer armor.

Idea 1 would be amusing, but confusing for non-RVB fans. Idea 2 would be pretty cool, but again, confusing for people who don’t follow the series (I, for example, didn’t even know what Mark IV looked like. Did not know it was the armour on the remade Fall of Reach cover).

Chief clones are probably for the best.

> > I do believe they have scrapped the Co-Op Campaign altogether in favor of Spartan Ops, though I believe that if Co-Op characters are really necessary: they should use Blue Team.
>
> You mean the Blue Team John used to lead? And why would they scrap Co-op Campaign?

After reading into it more, I was surprised they are still doing Campaign Co-Op with Spartan Ops.
And yes, I do mean that Blue Team. Since their number dropped down to three at the end of Ghosts Of Onyx, that makes a perfect four. Plus, I’ll be annoyed in 343 doesn’t give them an appearance in the new trilogy.

I would kinda prefer the Chief clones. My friends and I had a lot of fun with that.

> …have yet to be revealed. Now, of course, it’s bossible that we’ll just get a couple clones like in Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2, or some other noncanon reason. But why not something more fun?
>
> the third player is Sarge, and the fourth player is Caboose.
>
> Thoughts?

Ummm… I like Caboose and Sarge but… I don’t want to die because of a accidental shotgun blast and Sarge saying Sorry a lot…

> If the co-op characters are going to be Chief clones, or another kind of essentially nameless other Spartans, I’m kinda hoping there will be a skull or option so that you and your friends can play campaign in your multiplayer armor.

This is something I’ve been wanting since Halo 3. Granted, I also wanted a Custom Skull like in Reach’s Firefight…

I CHOOSE CABOOSE! :slight_smile:

Im curious how the first levels will incorporate co-op campaign seeing as chief is coming out of cryosleep, alone.

I was thinking it would just be your Spartan-IV player model, if anything. But Blue Team would be awesome, and Chief clones would be okay. Any of those 3 options would suit me just fine.

Players 2-4 should be your MP Spartans.

> Players 2-4 should be your MP Spartans.

Quoted for Truth.