Co-Op buddy

Considering 343’s heavy focus on story driven gameplay, ie, spartan ops and story driven multiplayer.
Who do you think will fight alongside MC in co-op campaign?
Will it be Fred? Kelly? Linda? somehow the Arbiter? or completely new characters?

Your thoughts Waypoint community?

It’s all chief clones in co op.

> It’s all chief clones in co op.

This.

You play as Chief clones. Again.

lol, yeah, probably will be.
I’d just be strange to pour so much effort into everything else only to shrug their shoulders
and clone the Chief for convenience.

> > It’s all chief clones in co op.
>
> lol, yeah, <mark>probably</mark> will be.
> I’d just be strange to pour so much effort into everything else only to shrug their shoulders
> and clone the Chief for convenience.

there is no probably, you WILL play as chief clones, Frankie said so at Euro Gamer.

> > > It’s all chief clones in co op.
> >
> > lol, yeah, <mark>probably</mark> will be.
> > I’d just be strange to pour so much effort into everything else only to shrug their shoulders
> > and clone the Chief for convenience.
>
> there is no probably, you WILL play as chief clones, Frankie said so at Euro Gamer.

Way to burst my bubble. :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks for that, its good to know for sure.

-end thread.

> > > It’s all chief clones in co op.
> >
> > lol, yeah, <mark>probably</mark> will be.
> > I’d just be strange to pour so much effort into everything else only to shrug their shoulders
> > and clone the Chief for convenience.
>
> there is no probably, you WILL play as chief clones, Frankie said so at Euro Gamer.

I have been at 343i’s side every step of the way and supporting them and their decisions and giving them the benefit of the doubt…but this…seriously dude? Lol, 343i, c’mon man! Clones? I know it’s no big deal…but…seriously…come on

> > > > It’s all chief clones in co op.
> > >
> > > lol, yeah, <mark>probably</mark> will be.
> > > I’d just be strange to pour so much effort into everything else only to shrug their shoulders
> > > and clone the Chief for convenience.
> >
> > there is no probably, you WILL play as chief clones, Frankie said so at Euro Gamer.
>
> I have been at 343i’s side every step of the way and supporting them and their decisions and giving them the benefit of the doubt…but this…seriously dude? Lol, 343i, c’mon man! Clones? I know it’s no big deal…but…seriously…come on

In an alternate universe there were four of the Master Chief and they still kicked -Yoink- XD

> > >
> > > I’d just be strange to pour so much effort into everything else only to shrug their shoulders
> >
> > there is no probably, you WILL play as chief clones, Frankie said so at Euro Gamer.
>
> I have been at 343i’s side every step of the way and supporting them and their decisions and giving them the benefit of the doubt…but this…seriously dude? Lol, 343i, c’mon man! Clones? I know it’s no big deal…but…seriously…come on

In Halo CE, 2, and ODST you were clones. This is nothing new at all to the Halo series.

> > >
> >
>

343i gave their reason.

1. It doesn’t make any canonical sense for the Chief to have anyone else with him.
  2. The story is about Chief. Making a bunch of new semi-important characters to add to that story decreases the effectiveness of Chief’s story. So as a solution, everyone gets Chief’s story as the Chief.

> > >
> >
>

Frankie’s reasons behind the clones was simple, “Back in Halo 3 you had 3 Elites to be buddies, but you always had to fight with Big brother on who was Chief.” Granted, this is true. Halo 3 you didn’t see all 4 characters in all of the cut scenes, some of the ones you only saw Chief, and others both Chief and Arbitar. Story wise, it’s better to have Chief clones cause then it’s not a “I’m this character, but why am I not showing up in the cut scene?” Look at Reach, in cut scenes everyone saw the same thing, only difference was armor and/or voice. I don’t think any of Halo’s campaigns have really been Co-Op friendly. L4D, BL, and DI, are three games I know of that support 4 player co-op with 4 independent characters, not clones, but you see all 4 of the characters through out the game and it’s cut scenes.

> > > > > It’s all chief clones in co op.
> > > >
> > > > lol, yeah, <mark>probably</mark> will be.
> > > > I’d just be strange to pour so much effort into everything else only to shrug their shoulders
> > > > and clone the Chief for convenience.
> > >
> > > there is no probably, you WILL play as chief clones, Frankie said so at Euro Gamer.
> >
> > I have been at 343i’s side every step of the way and supporting them and their decisions and giving them the benefit of the doubt…but this…seriously dude? Lol, 343i, c’mon man! Clones? I know it’s no big deal…but…seriously…come on
>
> Frankie’s reasons behind the clones was simple, “Back in Halo 3 you had 3 Elites to be buddies, but you always had to fight with Big brother on who was Chief.” Granted, this is true. Halo 3 you didn’t see all 4 characters in all of the cut scenes, some of the ones you only saw Chief, and others both Chief and Arbitar. Story wise, it’s better to have Chief clones cause then it’s not a “I’m this character, but why am I not showing up in the cut scene?” Look at Reach, in cut scenes everyone saw the same thing, only difference was armor and/or voice. I don’t think any of Halo’s campaigns have really been Co-Op friendly. L4D, BL, and DI, are three games I know of that support 4 player co-op with 4 independent characters, not clones, but you see all 4 of the characters through out the game and it’s cut scenes.

The only way Co-Op would make sense is if Chief sees his team again and they will all be main characters in Halo 6 or something… But for now, clones are the best decision.

> > > > > > It’s all chief clones in co op.
> > > > >
> > > > > lol, yeah, <mark>probably</mark> will be.
> > > > > I’d just be strange to pour so much effort into everything else only to shrug their shoulders
> > > > > and clone the Chief for convenience.
> > > >
> > > > there is no probably, you WILL play as chief clones, Frankie said so at Euro Gamer.
> > >
> > > I have been at 343i’s side every step of the way and supporting them and their decisions and giving them the benefit of the doubt…but this…seriously dude? Lol, 343i, c’mon man! Clones? I know it’s no big deal…but…seriously…come on
> >
> > Frankie’s reasons behind the clones was simple, “Back in Halo 3 you had 3 Elites to be buddies, but you always had to fight with Big brother on who was Chief.” Granted, this is true. Halo 3 you didn’t see all 4 characters in all of the cut scenes, some of the ones you only saw Chief, and others both Chief and Arbitar. Story wise, it’s better to have Chief clones cause then it’s not a “I’m this character, but why am I not showing up in the cut scene?” Look at Reach, in cut scenes everyone saw the same thing, only difference was armor and/or voice. I don’t think any of Halo’s campaigns have really been Co-Op friendly. L4D, BL, and DI, are three games I know of that support 4 player co-op with 4 independent characters, not clones, but you see all 4 of the characters through out the game and it’s cut scenes.
>
> The only way Co-Op would make sense is if Chief sees his team again and they will all be main characters in Halo 6 or something… But for now, clones are the best decision.

I would love to see the Chief getting stuck with his team again, 3 S3’s, or 3 S4’s in the next two games from the start of the campaign, that way, Chief get’s his “chief Armor”, and the other 3 can have custom armor that also shows up in cut scenes, it’d make for an epic campaign that also supports CoOp.

Frank O’Connor also said that the main player would act as the real master chief and the others would just be like shadows to him following in the story.

This was announced at the Halo 4 Developer Session at EuroGamer Expo about 2 days ago

here is the link

I understand the reasoning now. It makes sense. Thanks for the actual clarification rather than flaming lol :slight_smile:

> I understand the reasoning now. It makes sense. Thanks for the actual clarification rather than flaming lol :slight_smile:

Yeah… Who needs flaming when one can just say what’s need to be said with out stepping on nerves of others.