C'mon, there has to be an easier way!

I know that it’s a roulette system. But damn it, I really want Helljumper armour. And I can’t keep shelling out money or play enough to unlock it by stacking up req points. I’m a huge fan of Halo. Love it a great deal. But I’m also a single dad working 60 hours a week Monday through Friday. I don’t have the time. I mean I’ve beaten every campaign on legendary solo (except Spartan Ops and Halo Wars 2), but dang man. I’m trying. Also, at one point there used to be weapon skins with ODST symbols on them. Is it possible to still get those?

I’m sorry. I’m a huge fan of the 105th division of Shock Troopers.

> 2533274821734005;1:
> I know that it’s a roulette system. But damn it, I really want Helljumper armour. And I can’t keep shelling out money or play enough to unlock it by stacking up req points. I’m a huge fan of Halo. Love it a great deal. But I’m also a single dad working 60 hours a week Monday through Friday. I don’t have the time. I mean I’ve beaten every campaign on legendary solo (except Spartan Ops and Halo Wars 2), but dang man. I’m trying. Also, at one point there used to be weapon skins with ODST symbols on them. Is it possible to still get those?
>
> I’m sorry. I’m a huge fan of the 105th division of Shock Troopers.

Haha I feel your pain, still have yet to get my Halo 2 BR…

I’ve had this master plan that started a few weeks ago where I log onto halowaypoint everyday just to get every daily login pack, and I’m gonna do this until Halo 6 comes out. Then, I’m gonna sell every single REQ I have, and use the RP to keep buying Gold Packs. I’ll most probably stream the whole thing. Am I going too far just to get a Halo 2 BR?

I hate to tell ya but you are an SR28 so you might have a long way to go. The best advice that I can give you, since you are looking for one particular armor, sell everything in the pack once you buy them. This will give you a little extra RP. Also make sure to get your Daily Log in packs, and your Arena and Warzone win packs. These will help also. They are like free RP’s.

The next best thing, and I know this will be difficult, but you have to use the method of buying/opening all the Bronze, then Silver, then Gold. Don’t spend money, and don’t jump right to gold packs. You will be wasting time and money.

Just keep playing and plugging away. You will get there eventually.

P.S. Play Firefight only, and use your boosts no matter what.

> 2533274863544717;3:
> P.S. Play Firefight only, and use your boosts no matter what.

This is all good advice, however if you’re only playing firefight you might not want to sell everything you get in packs. At least keep a few Ghosts handy, if only to have the ability to have more fun while you play

> 2533274904158628;4:
> > 2533274863544717;3:
> > P.S. Play Firefight only, and use your boosts no matter what.
>
> This is all good advice, however if you’re only playing firefight you might not want to sell everything you get in packs. At least keep a few Ghosts handy, if only to have the ability to have more fun while you play

I do this all the time in Heroic FF, and have lots of fun without Req’s. You find req weapons and vehicle from the other players who die, and really you can rack up a lot of kills/points using only the loadout weapons.

> 2533274863544717;5:
> I do this all the time in Heroic FF, and have lots of fun without Req’s. You find req weapons and vehicle from the other players who die, and really you can rack up a lot of kills/points using only the loadout weapons.

That’s true, it is very possible to enjoy matches without calling anything in, at least on Heroic. But this poor guy has a long grind ahead of him, if he’s rank 28 and wants to get Helljumper. I figured it might save some sanity if someone who has to play that much firefight could call something in once in a while. But you’re right because selling them will make the grind go by faster, and ultimately it’s a choice between keeping some reqs to enjoy the grind a little more, or selling them to make it go by faster.

If you’re really desperate, save up for the Greatest Hits pack or Platinum Packs to get the good stuff right off the bat. They are ludicrously expensive in terms of RP, but it is an option.

I still have that Valentine’s Day req pack if you want it.

Unfortunately you’re SOL. If I were you I would just but bronze packs until you stop getting permanents, then do the same with silvers, and finally the same with gold packs. This is the most efficient way to finish your req collection.

> 2533274863544717;5:
> > 2533274904158628;4:
> > > 2533274863544717;3:
> > > P.S. Play Firefight only, and use your boosts no matter what.
> >
> > This is all good advice, however if you’re only playing firefight you might not want to sell everything you get in packs. At least keep a few Ghosts handy, if only to have the ability to have more fun while you play
>
> I do this all the time in Heroic FF, and have lots of fun without Req’s. You find req weapons and vehicle from the other players who die, and really you can rack up a lot of kills/points using only the loadout weapons.

Anyone that is looking to rack up kills using anything other than scout hog -> ghost ulta/temple ghost -> wheelman is doing it wrong. I never use weapons anymore and nearly always end up with the most, or 2nd if someone else is doing it, kills every match.

> 2533274816299345;10:
> > 2533274863544717;5:
> > > 2533274904158628;4:
> > > > 2533274863544717;3:
> > > > P.S. Play Firefight only, and use your boosts no matter what.
> > >
> > > This is all good advice, however if you’re only playing firefight you might not want to sell everything you get in packs. At least keep a few Ghosts handy, if only to have the ability to have more fun while you play
> >
> > I do this all the time in Heroic FF, and have lots of fun without Req’s. You find req weapons and vehicle from the other players who die, and really you can rack up a lot of kills/points using only the loadout weapons.
>
> Anyone that is looking to rack up kills using anything other than scout hog -> ghost ulta/temple ghost -> wheelman is doing it wrong. I never use weapons anymore and nearly always end up with the most, or 2nd if someone else is doing it, kills every match.

I usually don’t bring up my stats since they really aren’t that good, but I am going to make an exception in this case.

The front page of my Warzone game history has me in 1st to 3rd place 7 out of 10 games. All these games, I am fairly certain, I did not use a personal Req weapon since I have been routinely selling everything as soon as I open them. If there is a power weapon kill or vehicle kill it is because I swiped them off a dead Spartan.
Edit: I forgot to mention, or take into account that two of those games were a DNF, but my premise still applies. This is my 1st place game. 50 kills with the majority of the are with the H2 BR and Magnum.

I am not disputing that using vehicles is necessary and fun, but there is a fallacy that using only loadout weapons doesn’t also work well for the individuals stats.

> 2535429593088083;7:
> If you’re really desperate, save up for the Greatest Hits pack or Platinum Packs to get the good stuff right off the bat. They are ludicrously expensive in terms of RP, but it is an option.

I don’t advocate buying the packs until everything is unlocked in Bronze and Silver. That way you are guaranteed to unlock whatever you are hoping to unlock in those packs. Especially in the Platinum, but either way, those aren’t available right now anyway. And I would definitely not recommend buying these with money.

> 2533274821734005;1:
> I know that it’s a roulette system. But damn it, I really want Helljumper armour. And I can’t keep shelling out money or play enough to unlock it by stacking up req points. I’m a huge fan of Halo. Love it a great deal. But I’m also a single dad working 60 hours a week Monday through Friday. I don’t have the time. I mean I’ve beaten every campaign on legendary solo (except Spartan Ops and Halo Wars 2), but dang man. I’m trying. Also, at one point there used to be weapon skins with ODST symbols on them. Is it possible to still get those?
>
> I’m sorry. I’m a huge fan of the 105th division of Shock Troopers.

Also play mythic firefight on weekend. This game mode is really hard but it give you 3000 to 4000 RP each game, which lasts about 15 minutes.

> Also play mythic firefight on weekend. This game mode is really hard but it give you 3000 to 4000 RP each game, which lasts about 15 minutes.

++. Mythic Firefight, with an XP boost card, on double XP weekends? Boom, 15,000+ rec points per match. Play for a few hours on a weekend and you can stack up 100,000 rec points easily.

You picked an armor with one of the lowest drop rates to be the one you want. Sad to say, but at the rate you get to play, you’ll probably just never get it.

It took me almost two years to finish the req collection, playing about 2 games a day.

I unlocked everything a year and a half ago… just keep buying packs (WITH REQ POINTS!!!)

I’m on that grind to get that too man. I’m currently on gold reqs only with only ultra-rare and legendary unlocks needed still…aaaand I still don’t have helljumper. I’m close but it’s taken me ages to get to this point. Good luck playing Halo 5 for the next 2-3 years to get that armor.

The name of the game when it comes to these req packs is unlock everything, don’t go for one particular item because it will drive you crazy. Open silver packs till they refund two 1500 point req cards instead of unlocks then go to golds. It is the fastest and cheapest way req point wise to getting not only everything but what you want as well otherwise you just have to hope to get lucky.

> 2533274863544717;11:
> > 2533274816299345;10:
> > > 2533274863544717;5:
> > > > 2533274904158628;4:
> > > > > 2533274863544717;3:
> > > > > P.S. Play Firefight only, and use your boosts no matter what.
> > > >
> > > > This is all good advice, however if you’re only playing firefight you might not want to sell everything you get in packs. At least keep a few Ghosts handy, if only to have the ability to have more fun while you play
> > >
> > > I do this all the time in Heroic FF, and have lots of fun without Req’s. You find req weapons and vehicle from the other players who die, and really you can rack up a lot of kills/points using only the loadout weapons.
> >
> > Anyone that is looking to rack up kills using anything other than scout hog -> ghost ulta/temple ghost -> wheelman is doing it wrong. I never use weapons anymore and nearly always end up with the most, or 2nd if someone else is doing it, kills every match.
>
> I usually don’t bring up my stats since they really aren’t that good, but I am going to make an exception in this case.
>
> The front page of my Warzone game history has me in 1st to 3rd place 7 out of 10 games. All these games, I am fairly certain, I did not use a personal Req weapon since I have been routinely selling everything as soon as I open them. If there is a power weapon kill or vehicle kill it is because I swiped them off a dead Spartan.
> Edit: I forgot to mention, or take into account that two of those games were a DNF, but my premise still applies. This is my 1st place game. 50 kills with the majority of the are with the H2 BR and Magnum.
>
> I am not disputing that using vehicles is necessary and fun, but there is a fallacy that using only loadout weapons doesn’t also work well for the individuals stats.
>
>
> > 2535429593088083;7:
> > If you’re really desperate, save up for the Greatest Hits pack or Platinum Packs to get the good stuff right off the bat. They are ludicrously expensive in terms of RP, but it is an option.
>
> I don’t advocate buying the packs until everything is unlocked in Bronze and Silver. That way you are guaranteed to unlock whatever you are hoping to unlock in those packs. Especially in the Platinum, but either way, those aren’t available right now anyway. And I would definitely not recommend buying these with money.

I was only talking about racking up kills
NPC kills in past couple FF games using, basically, only vehicles:
Im not saying its more fun. Im only saying that doing this will get you more kills which is what i was talking about.

Going through the same pains for the Nornfang Certification