Closer look at the new Jackals

Hey guys, I don’t think it’s been posted here yet, but I found some pics that give us a better look at the new Jackals. While they definitely look quite different, I absolutely love their new design. Not only do they look more alien, they sure are scary!

First link
Second link

Anyway, share your thoughts! And sorry if this was posted before!

They look cranky, as always.

DINOSAURS!!!

I don’t think it has ever been posted. I like the new look of the jackals.

> Hey guys, I don’t think it’s been posted here yet, but I found some pics that give us a better look at the new Jackals. While they definitely look quite different, I absolutely love their new design. Not only do they look more alien, they sure are scary!
>
> First link
> Second link
>
> Anyway, share your thoughts! And sorry if this was posted before!

They look like velociraptors to me. Not that’s a bad thing, I actually welcome the change the Covenant have been given in Halo 4, keeps things fresh.

looking pretty badass

I personally haven’t seen those yet, so thanks for the links!

Quite an overhaul on the appearance of the Jackals. I kinda a like it.

Yeah, they certainly look vicious this time around. I that’s where 343 is going with elites, grunts, and jackals. They all look vicious. I’m kind of shocked by the huge alligator snappers they gave to the jackals. Just another set of raptors in some armor.

> > Hey guys, I don’t think it’s been posted here yet, but I found some pics that give us a better look at the new Jackals. While they definitely look quite different, I absolutely love their new design. Not only do they look more alien, they sure are scary!
> >
> > First link
> > Second link
> >
> > Anyway, share your thoughts! And sorry if this was posted before!
>
> They look like velociraptors to me. Not that’s a bad thing, I actually welcome the change the Covenant have been given in Halo 4, keeps things fresh.

Agreed! 343 Industries is a new studio who obviously have a different point of view regarding how the Halo universe should look. I love Bungie’s designs, but they have gotten a bit old after 10 years. Having things be changed like this makes everything seem new again!

I already posted the links on Bnet right now. The Flood isn’t as kind.

Absolutly love the new look of jackals. 343 has done what bungie failed to do with reach,bring back the scariness of the Covanent and make them look badass.

They look like God Zilla. A bit too monstrous in my opinion. I’d prefer it if they turned down the ugly freakish lizard appearance a bit, but I guess its too late in development now so I can live with it. Still looks cool though.

> Absolutly love the new look of jackals. 343 has done what bungie failed to do with reach,bring back the scariness of the Covanent and make them look badass.

I personally don’t like it. I liked the longer snouts more.

If this is what they are doing with the Covenant now, think of the Flood like that. They are going to look like something from a horror movie.

THEM DINOS

THEY ROAR

cool

> > Absolutly love the new look of jackals. 343 has done what bungie failed to do with reach,bring back the scariness of the Covanent and make them look badass.
>
> I personally don’t like it. I liked the longer snouts more.

They seem to pack a more viscous bite.

> If this is what they are doing with the Covenant now, think of the Flood like that. They are going to look like something from a horror movie.

Thank you for bringing that up. Now I cant wait to see just how horrifying the flood will look. Maybe they’ll even leak liquids like blood, or just weird crap from the deformation. Rapid transformation like what the flood causes is sure to rip a few holes in the body will transforming. From what we’ve seen of the flood, I hope I’m actually scared to go in to a fight with the flood.

Too fleshly and they need a beak, and why do they spike on their backs like Hunters, the smooth armor was better, since their normal sniper that doesn’t fell right

> > Absolutly love the new look of jackals. 343 has done what bungie failed to do with reach,bring back the scariness of the Covanent and make them look badass.
>
> I personally don’t like it. I liked the longer snouts more.

Eh,well after 10-12 years their design got old,these new versions of the Covanent look a lot more powerful.