Close to cancelling my pre-order

I read some recent reviews and it seems the game is not up to par with my expectations. My biggest problem with the game are the graphics, visual design and Multiplayer.

I recently downloaded the Halo Reach demo and played about a dozen matches on the playlists available. I didn’t like it compared to the multiplayer in previous Halo titles. Since this game also runs on the reach engine, I now feel hesitant to wait for my delivery.

It’s only a few hours until release. What should I do?

Talk to me.

Rent it if you feel rather hesitant to buy it, try it out, if you don’t like it, return it.

It’s your call buddy.

> Rent it if you feel rather hesitant to buy it, try it out, if you don’t like it, return it.
>
> It’s your call buddy.

Is it safe to say most of this forum has ordered the game?

> > Rent it if you feel rather hesitant to buy it, try it out, if you don’t like it, return it.
> >
> > It’s your call buddy.
>
> Is it safe to say most of this forum has ordered the game?

No. Some people are just getting the maps.

> > Rent it if you feel rather hesitant to buy it, try it out, if you don’t like it, return it.
> >
> > It’s your call buddy.
>
> Is it safe to say most of this forum has ordered the game?

Yes, some have even played it, if you look around for some people who have got the game, ask them generally how they feel about it or their comments about it, it may or may not change your initial thoughts.

Either way, I respect your decision.

> I read some recent reviews and it seems the game is not up to par with my expectations. My biggest problem with the game are the graphics, visual design and Multiplayer.
>
> I recently downloaded the Halo Reach demo and played about a dozen matches on the playlists available. I didn’t like it compared to the multiplayer in previous Halo titles. Since this game also runs on the reach engine, I now feel hesitant to wait for my delivery.
>
> It’s only a few hours until release. What should I do?
>
>
> Talk to me.

Halo:CEA does not run on the Reach engine, it runs off the of the original engine. There are some models from reach that are used again, but the game itself runs EXACTLY like the original game.

The multiplayer engine, is the Reach multiplayer engine. If you don’t like old the multiplayer, the variants within the anniversary playlist play like Halo:CE and Halo 2 (no armor abilities). So that may change your mind.

The game is going to be good, as it was 10 years ago, and imo is worth 40 dollars.

I like how it’s looking on the trailers/gameplay demos, I can’t wait to try it out tomorrow! :smiley:

I own the game and love it. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I’ll do my best to answer them :smiley:

> I read some recent reviews and it seems the game is not up to par with my expectations. My biggest problem with the game are the graphics, visual design and Multiplayer.
>
> I recently downloaded the Halo Reach demo and played about a dozen matches on the playlists available. I didn’t like it compared to the multiplayer in previous Halo titles. Since this game also runs on the reach engine, I now feel hesitant to wait for my delivery.
>
>
>
> Talk to me.

Rule of thumb: if you’re unsure, don’t pre-buy. You don’t really need to create a post like this. None/few of us has played it yet, so there’s no informed advice we can give you. Read the reviews today.

The only reviewer worth trusting is yourself.

> The only reviewer worth trusting is yourself.

Nice philosophy.

I would not rely on the testimony of game reviewers, you should really form your own opinion. You stated that you really enjoyed previous Halo games but remain skeptical. Fair enough!

As others have suggested, go ahead and rent it first.

i ned to pre oredr it today and i cant cause i dont know where (amazon dont work).

> > The only reviewer worth trusting is yourself.
>
> Nice philosophy.

Agreed, if you believed every review in your life, you can miss out on a lot of things you’ll enjoy. Plus half the reviews you most likely read are one sided, all reviews are one sided, rather it’s a game reviewer that likes or hates the game, or if they’re getting paid to give it a good review. A person who doesn’t like the Halo title could review the game, and only point out the bad. A person who loves the Halo title could only point out the good. Rent or go to a friends house and play it, try it out, if you like it, then your starting thoughts was wrong, if you don’t like it, then oh well.

But if you Cancel your preorder, ok, oh well, I don’t think any one will shed a tear over you not buying Halo CEA. You’re not some one important buying or biding on something really important.

I Ordered the Game. And I’m going to play the -Yoink- out of it.

>
>
>
>
> Talk to me.

Didn’t you post a thread only a day or two ago saying you withdrew your pre-order? That you went and withdrew the ten dollars that you put down?

Pretty sure I read your thread stating as much. So why are you back, now changing your story?

Answer=Troll.

Don’t bother replying back, I just ran you, kid.

> > I read some recent reviews and it seems the game is not up to par with my expectations. My biggest problem with the game are the graphics, visual design and Multiplayer.
> >
> > I recently downloaded the Halo Reach demo and played about a dozen matches on the playlists available. I didn’t like it compared to the multiplayer in previous Halo titles. Since this game also runs on the reach engine, I now feel hesitant to wait for my delivery.
> >
> > It’s only a few hours until release. What should I do?
> >
> >
> > Talk to me.
>
> Didn’t you post a thread only a day or two ago saying you withdrew your pre-order? That you went and withdrew the ten dollars that you put down?
>
> Pretty sure I read your thread stating as much. So why are you back, now changing your story?
>
> Answer=Troll.
>
> Don’t bother replying back, I just ran you, kid.

You must have got me mixed up with another user. Sorry.

> > > Rent it if you feel rather hesitant to buy it, try it out, if you don’t like it, return it.
> > >
> > > It’s your call buddy.
> >
> > Is it safe to say most of this forum has ordered the game?
>
> No. Some people are just getting the maps.

?

He asked if MOST of the forum ordered the game.

If you haven’t played the first CE already I highy reccomend you do not withdrawal your order. You can ask from any Halo or even non halo player that that game was one of the very best, and now even with improved graphics (maybe not in your opinion) achievements, skulls and terminals it will be even better. For my self I know that this gam is going to be soo much fun to play. Also if you’re skeptical on halo reachs multiplayer, again don’t be so upset with it. If you download the halo reach demo then I can see where you might be coming from. But I can reassure you that there have some significant changes since. Said changes include, AL weakenned, no bloom or 85% bloom (depending on the playlist you choose) increased jump hight and speed also depending on which playlist you choose, finally the three shot pistol, once again depending on the playlist.

> I Ordered the Game. And I’m going to play the Yoink! out of it.