clever trickery...

Halo 4 will take halo back to its roots…

correct me if im wrong but i dont think in any other halos you could:

fly, turn invisible, see through walls, earn random scorestreaks, reload faster, carry extra grenades, do more grenade damage, grenade indicator, carry two primary rifles, stay scoped in while getting shot, no ammo or powerups on map, spawn with a shotgun.

i dont see how this is the “roots” of halo

Never go back. Always go forward. New enemies, new weapons, new vehicles… and always change for the better because people will grow complacent and demand the same thing over and over again, never letting you expand or become fresh or exciting ever again.

> Never go back. Always go forward. New enemies, new weapons, new vehicles… and always change for the better because people will grow complacent and demand the same thing over and over again, never letting you expand or become fresh or exciting ever again.

i want you to think real hard about what you just said…

now i want you to realize halo is at an all time low, and cod is number 1

… 343 completely changed halo, treyarch improved things that were in their previous games.

> Never go back. Always go forward. New enemies, new weapons, new vehicles… and always change for the better because people will grow complacent and demand the same thing over and over again, never letting you expand or become fresh or exciting ever again.

You see it in every industry.
Automobile Industry - you can get a GPS system in almost any model now.

Television Industry - we went from black and white to flat panel high-Def.

Computer Industry - went from blocky slow moving CPU’s to handheld computers that kill a home PC, from just a few years ago.

Change has to happen, otherwise it becomes stale and predictable. Sure a plain cheezburger is great and you could eat it that way the rest of your life, but how would you know if you didnt like something else if you never tried it?

So 343i experimented ALOT with this game, surely lessons have been learned. I for one, and willing to wait and see how it all pans out.

oh, excuse me OP, did you want a game stripped of :
forge, cinema, MP (remember? HCE didn’t have mp!), drivable wraiths and such?

by “taking it back to it’s roots” they meant to talk about the SP, feeling like you’re on an alien, unknown world and discovering new things again. protip : it worked, I didn’t expect to steal an elite’s camo, for example, and the campaign was full of unexpected stuff like that.

In Halo 3, there was a blue orb powerup that turned you invisible.

[deleted]

> “One of the key things with Halo 4 is going back to what made it amazing for people playing the first Halo… the platform has evolved dramatically in [the last ten years], so it’s worth going back to show how it still stands up as a product made today,” says McGill. Surely many of those memorable features – the regenerating health, cinematic set pieces, organic transitions between styles of play – are things that have since become the norm in other series? McGill doesn’t think so: “It’s different to Gears of War, it’s different to Call of Duty. So it stands alongside them.”

It never mentions going “back to the roots.” It mentions recalling the first Halo game in how the campaign is executed, but never anything specific. So I don’t see your point.

-_- your just now figureing this out ? big woop move on with the rest of the community to trying to tell 343 how they should fix it. There listening and really your acting like thats the entire Halo multiplayer as if theres no pro. If you dont want that then ask for a classics playlist like everyone else. I agree Halo’s MP hasent really gone back to its roots but really its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. There improving and im supporting them sure they messed up but thats in the past now these days there doing way better and most people arguing now are not even knowledgable of said changes implemented.

> > Never go back. Always go forward. New enemies, new weapons, new vehicles… and always change for the better because people will grow complacent and demand the same thing over and over again, never letting you expand or become fresh or exciting ever again.
>
> i want you to think real hard about what you just said…
>
>
> now i want you to realize halo is at an all time low, and cod is number 1
>
>
>
> … 343 completely changed halo, treyarch improved things that were in their previous games.

But you see they didn’t change, instead they adopted both Halo 3, Reach, and COD and made a hybrid of nothing new. They didn’t innovate, they didn’t move forward, they didn’t lead. They followed to placate a demographic.

Ask yourself what are you more excited for… Halo 5 or Destiny?

> > > Never go back. Always go forward. New enemies, new weapons, new vehicles… and always change for the better because people will grow complacent and demand the same thing over and over again, never letting you expand or become fresh or exciting ever again.
> >
> > i want you to think real hard about what you just said…
> >
> >
> > now i want you to realize halo is at an all time low, and cod is number 1
> >
> >
> >
> > … 343 completely changed halo, treyarch improved things that were in their previous games.
>
> But you see they didn’t change, instead they adopted both Halo 3, Reach, and COD and made a hybrid of nothing new. They didn’t innovate, they didn’t move forward, they didn’t lead. They followed to placate a demographic.
>
>
> Ask yourself what are you more excited for… Halo 5 or Destiny?

im sorry but you made no sense to me… i dont know what i am supposed to get out of what you just said.

you’re saying this game is nothing new but it is new.

you’re saying they didnt change anything but they changed everything.

how can i decide what game i am more excited for when i know nothing about either one of them?

> Never go back. Always go forward. New enemies, new weapons, new vehicles… and always change for the better because people will grow complacent and demand the same thing over and over again, never letting you expand or become fresh or exciting ever again.

ROFLMBO!

“Change for the better”… Wow… 150% opinion.

“Grow complacent” nah, more like grow to respect things that are tried and true, always work, for a reason. I’t not like there are no perimeters, there are rules you simply cannot break without screwing everything up. A LOT of those rules were broken in Halo 4.

The “same things” are never actually exactly the same, and besides, what was the one thing people were freaking out the most about (in a positive way) before the launch of Halo 4? The RETURN (which means bringing back) of the Battle Rifle. Why? because it was a tried and true part of the “Halo equation” that simply could not be replaced.

Most of the additions that were implemented into Halo 2-3 were not game altering, but rather built upon the existing platform that worked for many reasons. It was like math, it had absolutes. Halo 4 started from the ground up 100% new. All of what made Halo 1-3 so “great” was simply perfecting the existing mechanics so the game performed as well as it could. I don’t think those mechanics should have been so drastically changed, because they worked like 1+1=2 every time.

> > > > Never go back. Always go forward. New enemies, new weapons, new vehicles… and always change for the better because people will grow complacent and demand the same thing over and over again, never letting you expand or become fresh or exciting ever again.
> > >
> > > i want you to think real hard about what you just said…
> > >
> > >
> > > now i want you to realize halo is at an all time low, and cod is number 1
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > … 343 completely changed halo, treyarch improved things that were in their previous games.
> >
> > But you see they didn’t change, instead they adopted both Halo 3, Reach, and COD and made a hybrid of nothing new. They didn’t innovate, they didn’t move forward, they didn’t lead. They followed to placate a demographic.
> >
> >
> > Ask yourself what are you more excited for… Halo 5 or Destiny?
>
> im sorry but you made no sense to me… i dont know what i am supposed to get out of what you just said.
>
> you’re saying this game is nothing new but it is new.
>
> you’re saying they didnt change anything but they changed everything.
>
> how can i decide what game i am more excited for when i know nothing about either one of them?

“There is nothing new under the sun”

> > Never go back. Always go forward. New enemies, new weapons, new vehicles… and always change for the better because people will grow complacent and demand the same thing over and over again, never letting you expand or become fresh or exciting ever again.
>
> You see it in every industry.
> Automobile Industry - you can get a GPS system in almost any model now.
>
> Television Industry - we went from black and white to flat panel high-Def.
>
> Computer Industry - went from blocky slow moving CPU’s to handheld computers that kill a home PC, from just a few years ago.
>
> Change has to happen, otherwise it becomes stale and predictable. Sure a plain cheezburger is great and you could eat it that way the rest of your life, but how would you know if you didnt like something else if you never tried it?
>
> So 343i experimented ALOT with this game, surely lessons have been learned. I for one, and willing to wait and see how it all pans out.

To reiterate Rizotic’s point, “343 completely changed halo, treyarch improved things that were in their previous games”

Now to your post…In all those examples you just used, those were improvements to the already existing functionality of each…not something completley different. The point, which i’ll make with your Automobile example, is that car manufacturers knew their customers were buying GPS attachments for cars, therefore took that knowledge and integrated GPS into said cars. Now, this was a case of improvement – knowing something worked and then adding it the original model build.

As for Halo, nothing was improved because to integrate such an “improvement” as AA’s, loadouts, the DMR, etc. the public, the majority, must have had positive feedback. Once Microsoft and 343i see this majority happiness in the aforesaid “improvements”, then they can add them to the already existing format of the game. HOWEVER, the majority DOES NOT find these addons to be positive, but the opposite.

So please tell me, how are these improvements? Improvements should not in anyway affect a complete overhall in change to the original game (object, being, etc.), unless the improvements can, through carefull observation, Make it 100 percent better.

> > > Never go back. Always go forward. New enemies, new weapons, new vehicles… and always change for the better because people will grow complacent and demand the same thing over and over again, never letting you expand or become fresh or exciting ever again.
> >
> > i want you to think real hard about what you just said…
> >
> >
> > now i want you to realize halo is at an all time low, and cod is number 1
> >
> >
> >
> > … 343 completely changed halo, treyarch improved things that were in their previous games.
>
> But you see they didn’t change, instead they adopted both Halo 3, Reach, and COD and made a hybrid of nothing new. They didn’t innovate, they didn’t move forward, they didn’t lead. They followed to placate a demographic.
>
>
> Ask yourself what are you more excited for… Halo 5 or Destiny?

actually i do have an answer… even though i know nothing about either one of those games im going to say Destiny because Bungie has never let me down in the past and all of their games have been enjoyable.

im sure destiny will be the better made game

You can change a game without destroying it’s core. Halo 4 butchered Halo’s core