CLEARING UP CONFUSION: RECENT CHANGE TO AIMING

Hello Halo community,

I made a post on 11/25 about what myself and many other people have experienced since the update released on 11/24. Since there has been many posts about this, and still no official word from 343, I wanted to clear up some confusion.

THIS POST IS NOT ABOUT THE BETA AIMING VS NOW. The aiming has been amazing, I think 343 had* it perfect.

First a brief background, I am a very competitive player who has been involved in pro tournaments and a halo fanatic since Halo 1. Halo is the only reason I have an Xbox. Halo at its core is best when it is a skilled based game. Halo 5 was a huge step in the right direction and I have been playing it religiously for the last several weeks and having tons of fun.

That all changed on 11/24.

Right after the update I instantly noticed something felt different with the aiming mechanics. I chalked it up to I was having a bad day. But after talking to dozens of people in lobbies I was hearing the same thing from them. I knew something had changed.

Then I came across a player who told me 343 announced they would be changing the aim mechanics soon. After dissecting those articles I discovered that there are two main points to this article which was written at the time of the BTB release. 1) that there was a new aiming “fix” that would be released soon, that at the time of the article was in testing, and would be “unnoticeable” and 2) that in December there would be a “pet project” released that allows you to further customize your aiming.

There was also a recent update to the Xbox one controller firmware that came out on 11/24 for many people.

NOW HERE IS THE KEY

Some people are saying nothing is different and we, the people who are having these problems, are noobs. Well I can assure you that I am not a noob. Go look at my gamertag. Something definitely has changed.

I had my brother bring over his controller which is still on the 1.0 firmware. The original controllers can’t be updated wirelessly and have to be plugged in to be updated. The newest controllers can be updated wirelessly. I was prompted to update my controller and did so. My brothers version has never been promoted and thus he didn’t.

Immediately after plugging my brothers controller in I was back to destroying you noobs. I went 50 kills 6 deaths in my first game and 3 of my deaths were from teammates. With my updated controller, since the 11/24 update, I had lost my diamond 5 in arena and was barely being able to aim or even kill people in war zone and was considering quitting the game. THERE IS A CLEAR DIFFERENCE IN THE AIMING MECHANICS SINCE THE UPDATE. And this is also the reason some people haven’t noticed the change, because they have “outdated” firmware

Since then I have returned my controller and got one with the old firmware, I denied the controller update (even though I am constantly prompted to do so) and the aiming feels great again. I played two games with my new controller and went around 50 kills and under 10 deaths each game.

Clearly the controller firmware plays a part in this. If the 11/24 update plays a part in this has yet to be confirmed.

THE MOST RIDICULOUS part about this is the lack of communication from 343. Like I mentioned before this is a slap in the face to a fan who has battled and supported the franchise from the start.

343 YOU ARE LOSING FANS FAST UNLESS YOU MAKE AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT THAT YOU ARE AWARE THERE IS A PROBLEM AND YOU ARE FIXING IT.

AGAIN, please note this is not about the aiming “always being bad” or “the aiming in the beta was better.” I have LOVED the aiming since release, it has been great, but starting 11/24 something CHANGED.

THAT CAN NO LONGER BE DENIED.

Please keep this thread alive until we receive a response.

Problem with me (and I suspect a few other players as well) is that the aiming has been bad since launch, and has gotten even worse now with this fix.

Indeed. This is an issue!

Defiantly a problem for me also on a note the aiming mechanics are rigged to those who own the elite controller as they can customize aiming settings on there controller