Clearing up bloom

The bloom in halo 4 is visual only, unlike the halo reach bloom which had effects on gameplay.The halo 4 bloom is similar to the bloom on the halo reachs sniper rifle which just indicates when you can fire again.The DMR has a set rate of fire in halo 4 therefore it cant be random like reach.To explain it even better ill say it like this, you shoot the weapon blooms but you wont be able to shoot until the bloom fully resets but it wont be slow paced due to the DMR now having a set RoF.

HOPEFULLY THIS HELPS PEOPLE UNDERSTAND BETTER, THAT HALO 4 BLOOM ISNT HALO 4 BLOOM
SO FOR ALL THE NEGATIVE PEOPLE OUT THERE KILLING HALO 4 BASED ON REACHS GAMEPLAY CAN
SHUT THE -YOINK- UP :slight_smile:

-Izunuh Out

This is nothing but wishful thinking. I don’t think 343 has yet commented on the subject, and none of the people who played and posted about the Halo 4 demo described it to be like that.

would be nice to have a source OP

Check out the April Sparkast it talks about the set RoF http://halo.xbox.com/Content/assets/en-us/Podcast/343Sparkast_012.mp3

The DMR was single shot with bloom. However, the bloom reset much faster than the DMR in Halo Reach. I didn’t have to pace my shots much at all. - Killa_KC

[deleted]

Gonna need a source on that.

But if its true, i will be pissed. Because i want bloom to work properly as a differentiator of skill, not be utterly pointless.

> Check out the April Sparkast it talks about the set RoF http://halo.xbox.com/Content/assets/en-us/Podcast/343Sparkast_012.mp3
>
> The DMR was single shot with bloom. However, the bloom reset much faster than the DMR in Halo Reach. I didn’t have to pace my shots much at all. - Killa_KC

Much at all isn’t none. Still, I see what you’re saying. I’m hesitant to believe though.

[deleted]

Did you guys take the time to listen to the Sparkast

> Did you guys take the time to listen to the Sparkast

You obviously did not.

At this point nothing is final but i believe the Battle Rifles recoil wont be that bad based on the video from the conan show where frank allowed him to play

Why are guys like you in the halo community so bent on seeing failure , stop being so negative !

[deleted]

Halo 4 is going to look and play amazing. Everyone that’s seen the game or played an early build as said that.

Any negative comments are from people that are trolls or those 20-somethings that wish they could pwn like they did in Halo 2.

Things change. Things evolve. Get used to it. Halo 4 is the start of a new trilogy.

DMR this, DMR that. Someone clarify on the pistol’s bloom! I haven’t seen any playtesters say something about it (but the plasma pistol got a mention). The only one I’ve seen (Killa_KC’s) says it’s very similar to Reach.

[deleted]

This was in one of the threads about DMR bloom. i don’t have the exact source but i copied and pasted it into another forum

"Took from NeoGAF

The Halo 4 DMR does not feature bloom. However, the reticule expands upon firing and resets fully in lockstep with the fixed firing rate, the same way the Reach sniper rifle ‘bloom’ works. In that sense it’s not so much bloom as a visual signal for when the next shot can be fired.

That might explain why people felt bloom was in, but didn’t notice it affecting their play."

I’m pretty certain this is legitimate. If anyone can find the link to the site with it again it will clear everyones mind up.

> > Gonna need a source on that.
> >
> > But if its true, i will be pissed. Because i want bloom to work properly as a differentiator of skill, not be utterly pointless.
>
> What’s your opinion on recoil, out of curiosity?

Could be a good thing, again as long as it doesnt turn out totally pointless.

Reach DMR had recoil in the beta, and they should have kept it imo.

> Gonna need a source on that.
>
> But if its true, i will be pissed. Because i want bloom to work properly as a differentiator of skill, not be utterly pointless.

waiting is not a skill. It creates more problem than it solves since in CQB a large reticle will alwys be desireable and spamming always having possibility of success. If you want skill then they can just lower autoaim. Think how hard it is to 5 shot your own teammates or land 5 no scopes with the sniper.

bloom, recoil, are completely useless. Also just wondering did you ever get to 50 in H3? Ya see fewer than 5% of the population ever reached 50 despite all the ill gotten ways to get there. The skill gap is wide enough.

> This is nothing but wishful thinking. I don’t think 343 has yet commented on the subject, and none of the people who played and posted about the Halo 4 demo described it to be like that.

It’s not wishful thinking, listen to the newest sparkast.