Cleaning the gaming community one report at a time

I can’t be the only one who at the end of a long, tiring day just wants to relax and play a couple multiplayer matches on Halo to only be greeted by teammates who will either kill you for getting to a sniper rifle or vehicle before them.
Alls i’m gonna say is learn how to be a good sport or run faster.
Just so you know, if you are one of these terrible toxic teammates. I’m not going to waste my time chasing after you to reclaim whatever it is you needed so badly from me.
Instead i’ll report you and hope you get banned for a short while and I urge other players to do the same. There is only one way to clean a community. #purge

I report AFK players and quitters as well, from both teams. One report may not do much, but multiples certainly do, so report the toxic players!

> 2533274826056477;2:
> I report AFK players as well, from both teams. One report may not do much, but multiples certainly do, so report the toxic players!

Teamkilling and being AFK are two completely seperate things. Not everyone who plays Halo, or video games in general, have hours of a quiet, calm house to themselves.

> 2533274907965798;3:
> > 2533274826056477;2:
> > I report AFK players as well, from both teams. One report may not do much, but multiples certainly do, so report the toxic players!
>
> Teamkilling and being AFK are two completely seperate things. Not everyone who plays Halo, or video games in general, have hours of a quiet, calm house to themselves.

I completely disagree, both are detrimental to the game.

> 2533274826056477;4:
> > 2533274907965798;3:
> > > 2533274826056477;2:
> > > I report AFK players as well, from both teams. One report may not do much, but multiples certainly do, so report the toxic players!
> >
> > Teamkilling and being AFK are two completely seperate things. Not everyone who plays Halo, or video games in general, have hours of a quiet, calm house to themselves.
>
> I completely disagree, both are detrimental to the game.

Even if they deliberately join a match only to leave their controller, you can use them as bait to kill the enemy.

> 2533274907965798;3:
> > 2533274826056477;2:
> > I report AFK players as well, from both teams. One report may not do much, but multiples certainly do, so report the toxic players!
>
> Teamkilling and being AFK are two completely seperate things. Not everyone who plays Halo, or video games in general, have hours of a quiet, calm house to themselves.

I can see where your coming from, i mean if a player is a parent there is priorities. But for competitive players its still kinda a drag.

> 2533274907965798;5:
> > 2533274826056477;4:
> > > 2533274907965798;3:
> > > > 2533274826056477;2:
> > > > I report AFK players as well, from both teams. One report may not do much, but multiples certainly do, so report the toxic players!
> > >
> > > Teamkilling and being AFK are two completely seperate things. Not everyone who plays Halo, or video games in general, have hours of a quiet, calm house to themselves.
> >
> > I completely disagree, both are detrimental to the game.
>
> Even if they deliberately join a match only to leave their controller, you can use them as bait to kill the enemy.

I have never been one to turn down free kills :grin:

> 2535454880694680;6:
> > 2533274907965798;3:
> > > 2533274826056477;2:
> > > I report AFK players as well, from both teams. One report may not do much, but multiples certainly do, so report the toxic players!
> >
> > Teamkilling and being AFK are two completely seperate things. Not everyone who plays Halo, or video games in general, have hours of a quiet, calm house to themselves.
>
> I can see where your coming from, i mean if a player is a parent there is priorities. But for competitive players its still kinda a drag.

In a competitive sense yes I agree, but reporting a person for that never seemed appropriate for me. Other games are smart for kicking players for inactivity.

> 2533274907965798;5:
> > 2533274826056477;4:
> > > 2533274907965798;3:
> > > > 2533274826056477;2:
> > > > I report AFK players as well, from both teams. One report may not do much, but multiples certainly do, so report the toxic players!
> > >
> > > Teamkilling and being AFK are two completely seperate things. Not everyone who plays Halo, or video games in general, have hours of a quiet, calm house to themselves.
> >
> > I completely disagree, both are detrimental to the game.
>
> Even if they deliberately join a match only to leave their controller, you can use them as bait to kill the enemy.

That’s a weak argument at best. In BTB it won’t matter as much, but in 4v4 playlists it can decide the game. Also, I don’t buy the parent excuse for a second. I am a parent of 4 young children, here’s a novel concept, play with them instead of ignoring them while you play video games. I get that emergencies happen, but I guarantee that the vast majority of AFKers are not having an emergency. Plan ahead, or get reported, it’s that simple.

> 2533274826056477;9:
> > 2533274907965798;5:
> > > 2533274826056477;4:
> > > > 2533274907965798;3:
> > > > > 2533274826056477;2:
> > > > > I report AFK players as well, from both teams. One report may not do much, but multiples certainly do, so report the toxic players!
> > > >
> > > > Teamkilling and being AFK are two completely seperate things. Not everyone who plays Halo, or video games in general, have hours of a quiet, calm house to themselves.
> > >
> > > I completely disagree, both are detrimental to the game.
> >
> > Even if they deliberately join a match only to leave their controller, you can use them as bait to kill the enemy.
>
> That’s a weak argument at best. In BTB it won’t matter as much, but in 4v4 playlists it can decide the game. Also, I don’t buy the parent excuse for a second. I am a parent of 4 young children, here’s a novel concept, play with instead of ignoring them while you play video games. I get that emergencies happen, but I guarantee that the vast majority of AFKers are not having an emergency. Plan ahead, or get reported, it’s that simple.

It’s also as simple to not not report them at all, you can just send them a message like “Please play the game”, or something along those lines.

> 2533274907965798;10:
> > 2533274826056477;9:
> > > 2533274907965798;5:
> > > > 2533274826056477;4:
> > > > > 2533274907965798;3:
> > > > > > 2533274826056477;2:
> > > > > > I report AFK players as well, from both teams. One report may not do much, but multiples certainly do, so report the toxic players!
> > > > >
> > > > > Teamkilling and being AFK are two completely seperate things. Not everyone who plays Halo, or video games in general, have hours of a quiet, calm house to themselves.
> > > >
> > > > I completely disagree, both are detrimental to the game.
> > >
> > > Even if they deliberately join a match only to leave their controller, you can use them as bait to kill the enemy.
> >
> > That’s a weak argument at best. In BTB it won’t matter as much, but in 4v4 playlists it can decide the game. Also, I don’t buy the parent excuse for a second. I am a parent of 4 young children, here’s a novel concept, play with instead of ignoring them while you play video games. I get that emergencies happen, but I guarantee that the vast majority of AFKers are not having an emergency. Plan ahead, or get reported, it’s that simple.
>
> It’s also as simple to not not report them at all, you can just send them a message like “Please play the game”, or something along those lines.

Yeah, because they’ll read that and start playing. Hey, I have a great idea! Instead of reporting quitters and team killers, we should send them messages asking them to stop team killing and stay in games! /Sarcasm
No, report them so they hopefully get banned, then they’ll listen.

It’s true that AFK players can be annoying at crucial times in a match, but I can’t always blame them. You gotta consider the possibilities of what is happening on their end.

Most of the time, it’s usually down to your family interrupting you mid-game to help out with a favor and having no choice but to commit, which leads to people getting booted for inactivity if I don’t help out quick enough. This happens to me A LOT.

> 2535429593088083;12:
> It’s true that AFK players can be annoying at crucial times in a match, but I can’t always blame them. You gotta consider the possibilities of what is happening on their end.
>
> Most of the time, it’s usually down to your family interrupting you mid-game to help out with a favor and having no choice but to commit, which leads to people getting booted for inactivity if I don’t help out quick enough. This happens to me A LOT.

This is exactly what I’m talking about. If it happens to you a lot, perhaps you should find a different time to play. Alternatively, ask your family to wait for 10 minutes ( or less) until the game is done, or quit out so you are not giving free kills to the enemy team, and reducing the number of kills your team gets. At least if you quit, your team has a chance of getting a player dropped in.

> 2533274826056477;13:
> > 2535429593088083;12:
> > It’s true that AFK players can be annoying at crucial times in a match, but I can’t always blame them. You gotta consider the possibilities of what is happening on their end.
> >
> > Most of the time, it’s usually down to your family interrupting you mid-game to help out with a favor and having no choice but to commit, which leads to people getting booted for inactivity if I don’t help out quick enough. This happens to me A LOT.
>
> This is exactly what I’m talking about. If it happens to you a lot, perhaps you should find a different time to play. Alternatively, ask them to wait for 10 ( or less) until the game is done, or quit out so you are not giving free kills to the enemy team, and reducing the number of kills your team gets. At least if you quit, your team has a chance of getting a player dropped in.

Unfortunately, -Yoink- happens all the time and when you least expect it. Not all of us will have that liberty of going uninterrupted for long periods of time.

> 2533274826056477;13:
> > 2535429593088083;12:
> > It’s true that AFK players can be annoying at crucial times in a match, but I can’t always blame them. You gotta consider the possibilities of what is happening on their end.
> >
> > Most of the time, it’s usually down to your family interrupting you mid-game to help out with a favor and having no choice but to commit, which leads to people getting booted for inactivity if I don’t help out quick enough. This happens to me A LOT.
>
> This is exactly what I’m talking about. If it happens to you a lot, perhaps you should find a different time to play. Alternatively, ask your family to wait for 10 minutes ( or less) until the game is done, or quit out so you are not giving free kills to the enemy team, and reducing the number of kills your team gets. At least if you quit, your team has a chance of getting a player dropped in.

You can’t just assume that their parents would be chill with that. I’m sure a lot of gamers have parents who don’t approve of their hobby and would put a stop to it every chance they get.
I know if i asked my parents growing up for 10mins before taking out the trash i’d get whooped and grounded.
Put your anger aside and try to understand.
I honestly doubt anyone joins a match with the intention of going AFK anyhow.

I don’t have much of a problem with people who are AFK because they had to deal with some real life thing. They will get booted for inactivity, anyway. But there are people who go into matches and don’t do anything but occasionally nudge the control stick to avoid getting inactivity booted. Having one of those jerks on your team is worse than having a quitter on your team. They are the only people I go out of my way to report when I see them, and I don’t even report griefers.

> 2533274904158628;16:
> I don’t have much of a problem with people who are AFK because they had to deal with some real life thing. They will get booted for inactivity, anyway. But there are people who go into matches and don’t do anything but occasionally nudge the control stick to avoid getting inactivity booted. Having one of those jerks on your team is worse than having a quitter on your team. They are the only people I go out of my way to report when I see them, and I don’t even report griefers.

I’ve never seen someone do that, but if I did I would be pretty upset as well.
Thats a player who is clearly just trying to finish a match for the xp or rp.

> 2535454880694680;15:
> > 2533274826056477;13:
> > > 2535429593088083;12:
> > > It’s true that AFK players can be annoying at crucial times in a match, but I can’t always blame them. You gotta consider the possibilities of what is happening on their end.
> > >
> > > Most of the time, it’s usually down to your family interrupting you mid-game to help out with a favor and having no choice but to commit, which leads to people getting booted for inactivity if I don’t help out quick enough. This happens to me A LOT.
> >
> > This is exactly what I’m talking about. If it happens to you a lot, perhaps you should find a different time to play. Alternatively, ask your family to wait for 10 minutes ( or less) until the game is done, or quit out so you are not giving free kills to the enemy team, and reducing the number of kills your team gets. At least if you quit, your team has a chance of getting a player dropped in.
>
> You can’t just assume that their parents would be chill with that. I’m sure a lot of gamers have parents who don’t approve of their hobby and would put a stop to it every chance they get.
> I know if i asked my parents growing up for 10mins before taking out the trash i’d get whooped and grounded.
> Put your anger aside and try to understand.
> I honestly doubt anyone joins a match with the intention of going AFK anyhow.

Mine were those parents. I rarely ever went AFK because I planned ahead, something the current crop of players seems unable to comprehend. Here’s a thought, if you are a minor, ask your parents what you need to do before you can go sit down to play a 15 minute game. Once again, you have other options as well, don’t start a game, or quit out before you leave.

> 2533274907965798;10:
> > 2533274826056477;9:
> > > 2533274907965798;5:
> > > > 2533274826056477;4:
> > > > > 2533274907965798;3:
> > > > > > 2533274826056477;2:
> > > > > > I report AFK players as well, from both teams. One report may not do much, but multiples certainly do, so report the toxic players!
> > > > >
> > > > > Teamkilling and being AFK are two completely seperate things. Not everyone who plays Halo, or video games in general, have hours of a quiet, calm house to themselves.
> > > >
> > > > I completely disagree, both are detrimental to the game.
> > >
> > > Even if they deliberately join a match only to leave their controller, you can use them as bait to kill the enemy.
> >
> > That’s a weak argument at best. In BTB it won’t matter as much, but in 4v4 playlists it can decide the game. Also, I don’t buy the parent excuse for a second. I am a parent of 4 young children, here’s a novel concept, play with instead of ignoring them while you play video games. I get that emergencies happen, but I guarantee that the vast majority of AFKers are not having an emergency. Plan ahead, or get reported, it’s that simple.
>
> It’s also as simple to not not report them at all, you can just send them a message like “Please play the game”, or something along those lines.

I would suggest you don’t message them, you give them the option to report you for spam or harassment. Report and move on is the best option imo.

What about people who quit or drop their controller when on the receiving end of being farmed?