[CLASSIFIED]

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

It’s all in the title. If you’ve read every piece of lore like I have then you know I’m right. Let’s see if 343 has the balls to let this get discussed by the community rather than just censoring it like every other opinion they don’t like.

It’s not that they don’t like it they made it a rule you can’t call any one out specifically. It’s best to just say they need a new lead writer for H6.

So what exactly was wrong? I’ve read all the lore too and I don’t think the guy should be fired from his job.

Are you serious? You don’t see anything wrong with the entire marketing campaign versus how the actually story was written? How about the fact the Halo Story is about Cortana and Master Chief as a unit? Don’t you realize how the lore has been destroyed by this stupid decision to make the person who saved chief at the pinnacle of the drama of their relationship to become the villain immediately afterward? Brian Reed simply took the easy way out by trying to squeeze shock value out of an audience that wanted an emotional story rather than some bullcrap attempt at creating a new villain. Also, I seriously doubt you read all of the lore because if you had read The Fall of Reach then you would agree that the Halo story is about Master Chief AND Cortana TOGETHER - not some ridiculous “pin the two greatest characters against each other for shock value” -Yoink-.

I thought the story was pretty good actually. I’m hoping Chief can make Cortana good again in Halo 6.

> 2576836393959214;3:
> So what exactly was wrong? I’ve read all the lore too and I don’t think the guy should be fired from his job.

ehhh. While I dont agree he should be fired, re-positioned perhaps, but not fired. His storytelling wasnt that great. I didnt like spartan op’s story, or how escalations ended up and I certainly dont like Halo 5’s. So I concur with the OP.

> 2533274806711091;5:
> I thought the story was pretty good actually. I’m hoping Chief can make Cortana good again in Halo 6.

You really think things can go back to normal after Cortana murdered untold scores of people when she awoke the Guardians and expressed zero remorse about it on top of trying to imprison Chief in a Cryptum? Tell ya what, if that happened I’d have no problem dropping this franchise if that is the kind of crap 343 would peddle with the story.

> 2533274905377462;4:
> Are you serious? You don’t see anything wrong with the entire marketing campaign versus how the actually story was written? How about the fact the Halo Story is about Cortana and Master Chief as a unit? Don’t you realize how the lore has been destroyed by this stupid decision to make the person who saved chief at the pinnacle of the drama of their relationship to become the villain immediately afterward? Brian Reed simply took the easy way out by trying to squeeze shock value out of an audience that wanted an emotional story rather than some bullcrap attempt at creating a new villain. Also, I seriously doubt you read all of the lore because if you had read The Fall of Reach then you would agree that the Halo story is about Master Chief AND Cortana TOGETHER - not some ridiculous “pin the two greatest characters against each other for shock value” -Yoink-.

Brian Reed doesn’t have control over the marketing campaign though.

It’s not his fault the marketers tried to take an inconsequential element from the story, and build an entire marketing campaign around it.

But it is his probably his fault that the story is so bad. That said, I doubt he had total control over the franchises direction. 343i likely decided that Cortana had to be the bad guy, and take control of the Guardians, and also that there would be a new fireteam. Then Brian’s job is to tell a story that meets those requirements. When someone is tasked with telling a story that has an inherently stupid premise, you’ll get a bad story, everytime.

It also appears that significant changes where made to the game mid development that caused a need for quick rewrites… Which ended up being sloppy.

So while Brian didn’t do a good job, there’s no way he’s solely To blame.

I would like to see writers who are better known for character development on the team though.

> 2533274799135257;6:
> > 2576836393959214;3:
> > So what exactly was wrong? I’ve read all the lore too and I don’t think the guy should be fired from his job.
>
>
> ehhh. While I dont agree he should be fired, re-positioned perhaps, but not fired. His storytelling wasnt that great. I didnt like spartan op’s story, or how escalations ended up and I certainly dont like Halo 5’s. So I concur with the OP.

I agree. Not fired but work on something else or work with someone on the Halo 6 campaign.

Saying someone should get fired isn’t very nice, especially if you think about the consequences it will have for the person in question.

Very constructive and interestig post man, ur reasons are beyond what we, mortals, can understand, ur above all of us.

> 2533274812652989;7:
> > 2533274806711091;5:
> > I thought the story was pretty good actually. I’m hoping Chief can make Cortana good again in Halo 6.
>
>
> You really think things can go back to normal after Cortana murdered untold scores of people when she awoke the Guardians and expressed zero remorse about it on top of trying to imprison Chief in a Cryptum? Tell ya what, if that happened I’d have no problem dropping this franchise if that is the kind of crap 343 would peddle with the story.

Sadly, I think many have already left this franchise.

> 2533274812652989;7:
> > 2533274806711091;5:
> > I thought the story was pretty good actually. I’m hoping Chief can make Cortana good again in Halo 6.
>
>
> You really think things can go back to normal after Cortana murdered untold scores of people when she awoke the Guardians and expressed zero remorse about it on top of trying to imprison Chief in a Cryptum? Tell ya what, if that happened I’d have no problem dropping this franchise if that is the kind of crap 343 would peddle with the story.

I think they may pull the ol this wasn’t cortana… it was a copy of Cortana or the diadact posing as cortana…

Also he isn’t responsible for how the game was marketed at all. Don’t get me wrong I don’t like his writing. I didn’t like the script for Spartan ops. The conversations between the Spartans was just horrible and his favorite word is crimson as he put it in the script as often as possible.

> 2533274816788253;12:
> > 2533274812652989;7:
> > > 2533274806711091;5:
> > > I thought the story was pretty good actually. I’m hoping Chief can make Cortana good again in Halo 6.
> >
> >
> > You really think things can go back to normal after Cortana murdered untold scores of people when she awoke the Guardians and expressed zero remorse about it on top of trying to imprison Chief in a Cryptum? Tell ya what, if that happened I’d have no problem dropping this franchise if that is the kind of crap 343 would peddle with the story.
>
>
> I think they may pull the ol this wasn’t cortana… it was a copy of Cortana or the diadact posing as cortana…

That would just be insulting.

Easily the worst Halo campaign.

I liked the story because I don’t thing they make trailers and nothing of it happens in the game maybe in the next halo

> 2533274806711091;5:
> I thought the story was pretty good actually. I’m hoping Chief can make Cortana good again in Halo 6.

MAKE CORTANA GREAT AGAIN

> 2533274802932721;11:
> > 2533274812652989;7:
> > > 2533274806711091;5:
> > > I thought the story was pretty good actually. I’m hoping Chief can make Cortana good again in Halo 6.
> >
> >
> > You really think things can go back to normal after Cortana murdered untold scores of people when she awoke the Guardians and expressed zero remorse about it on top of trying to imprison Chief in a Cryptum? Tell ya what, if that happened I’d have no problem dropping this franchise if that is the kind of crap 343 would peddle with the story.
>
>
> Sadly, I think many have already left this franchise.

I’m honestly about to as well. Older Halo’s are more fun gameplay wise and story wise

I want the advertisements to come true. making that happen is 343’s job

I want the advertisements to come true. making that happen is 343’s job