Classic Zoom Possible Return?

If you’ve played the warzone demo at E3, or seen gameplay footage from it, you’ll notice that the DMR’s new scope is reminiscent of the classic Halo scope system. My assumption for this is because its one of the only weapons where you actually look through the scope of the weapon (which the DMR is one of the few weapoons that actually HAS a scope by default) to zoom in - as opposed to something like the Battle Rifle or Carbine where you just look down the barrel.

While gun customization hasn’t been officially ‘announced’ and elaborated on, we have seen examples such as a laser-sight on Gamestop’s Battle Riffle, a silencer on a DMR, an elongated barreled from Amazon’s SMG, and the scope on Best Buy’s Assault Rifle. Wether these are simply aesthetic or not has yet to be seen/heard.

With the latest preorder bonus announced from Best Buy, we see a long-range Assault Rifle with a scope attachment. If this is indeed a functional addition to the weapon, could we see this placed on any weapon, possibly allowing classic Halo zoom instead of ADS?

It’s still Smart Scope. Every weapon still has a zoom, with or without a scope.

Josh Holmes said that they’ve made substantial changes to the weapons since the beta, and one of those changes was to the DMR scope. All they did was stick the scope closer to your entire screen, rather than having it block your line of sight like in the beta.

Classic Zoom?

I think the DMR and sniper has sort of a classic zoom, don’t really see what the problem is. Smart-link scope thingy looks really cool and besides, you get taken out of zoom when shot just like in every halo before halo 4!

I like the ADS mechanic in general. Its been used in some form in games going back as far as Goldeneye for N64 (that I can remember).

My only beef is when the gun takes up the screen and blocks your vision. Using the iron sights on an m16 doesn’t get in your way as much as depicted in many games. Same goes for use of a scope.

So far I’m not thrilled with smart scope.

I think some of the customizations allow for pseudo old school Zoom from what I’ve SEEN.

> 2533274873783305;3:
> Josh Holmes said that they’ve made substantial changes to the weapons since the beta, and one of those changes was to the DMR scope. All they did was stick the scope closer to your entire screen, rather than having it block your line of sight like in the beta.

Right, it gives more of a classic zoom feel. Lets say you put that scope on say, an Assault Rifle, will we achieve that same classic zoom feel?