Classic weapons or new ones in h5

Almost every month after the December update came out 343i started to add classic weapons back into the game like the h2 battle rifle. Would you want them to keep adding classic weapons into the game or weapons that are completely new or weapons from the lore never seen in a halo game? I would like to see a mix of each in my opinion, but i would mostly like to see weapons fron the halo universe that were not in the games.

I want the guass sniper rifle Johnson had.

do not make a mixture of weapons, classic weapons remains the best :slight_smile:

The last additions i could possible say i’d want back is Brute shot, Focus rifles and the secretive Plasma launcher that has been found in FF.

But other than that, no. Halo 5 needs to run on its own arsenal with the few additions they’ve made so far. If they brought back all the old skewl guns, nobody would be using the new stuff.

> 2533274824095836;4:
> The last additions i could possible say i’d want back is Brute shot, Focus rifles and the secretive Plasma launcher that has been found in FF.
>
> But other than that, no. Halo 5 needs to run on its own arsenal with the few additions they’ve made so far. If they brought back all the old skewl guns, nobody would be using the new stuff.

This. We don’t need all of the old weapons, just a few. I’d also add the sticky detonator to that list.

I love the classics!

Reach grenade launcher please. I need more pro pipe

I’m really sick of all the classic weapons.

Yeah, it was ok to add the Halo 2 BR and the Halo CE Magnum as little novelties because they were so iconic, but they went way overboard with all the others. They released the M41 (SPNKr) rocket launcher just a month or so after the game released and even made it default on some maps, so we just got this brand new Halo 5 rocket launcher and we’re still using the old one just as often. And then there’s stuff that’s not even all that iconic like the Brute Plasma Rifle and the Halo 2 Beam Rifle.

Halo 5 needs to have its own identity fleshed out. And we had the Master Chief Collection just a year before Halo 5’s release so I don’t know why the hell people are still craving nostalgia. It doesn’t even feel like a throwback when they add classic stuff into Halo 5 because of that. They’re throwing back to 1.5 year old memories at most. Such nostalgia.

> 2533274801472802;8:
> I’m really sick of all the classic weapons.
>
> Yeah, it was ok to add the Halo 2 BR and the Halo CE Magnum as little novelties because they were so iconic, but they went way overboard with all the others. They released the M41 (SPNKr) rocket launcher just a month or so after the game released and even made it default on some maps, so we just got this brand new Halo 5 rocket launcher and we’re still using the old one just as often. And then there’s stuff that’s not even all that iconic like the Brute Plasma Rifle and the Halo 2 Beam Rifle.
>
> Halo 5 needs to have its own identity fleshed out. And we had the Master Chief Collection just a year before Halo 5’s release so I don’t know why the hell people are still craving nostalgia. It doesn’t even feel like a throwback when they add classic stuff into Halo 5 because of that. They’re throwing back to 1.5 year old memories at most. Such nostalgia.

Actually the SPNKr WAS announced just right after the beta. Obviously that’s a welcom3 change and the Magnum and BR as well but beyond that i’d say it’s a stretch.

I have a hard time understanding the Brute plasma rifle and H2 Beam rifle as well… I mean they don’t strike as memorable weapons? Yea the plasma rifle itself does but that’s why the storm rifle was invented!

I’ll be honest to god if i see a Reach DMR in a future update, i’ll just fall of my chair and lay for days thinking ‘‘Why?’’

I have said myself that the brute shot, focus rifle and plasma launcher would be okay with me and heck, Arc Trooper even brought up the Sticky detonator which is one of 343’s own creations, i mean why would that thing be missing in the first place? Because of the plasma launcher? Naw that aint a good excuse. Sticky detonator played differently from that thing.

If anything on the weapons part, they should get to adding different kinds of magnum variants instead. The M6 series always had its cousins if one knows the Halo lore well:
We know the M6C from Halo 2 which is a fast fire rate, low damage output and a bit too inaccurate. However if they gave it a minor damage increase and kept it a CQC weapon, it’d work fine and you’d pretty much be forced to get close to outgun someone who has the regular magnum.

There’s the ODST variant ‘M6C/Socom’ which has a silencer built into the gun itself. Why can’t they add that?

The only silenced magnum we do have, is the Whispered truth and i’ll be quite honest… i aint keen on using it much, with the rarity and all.

I want a couple of old weapons back, but I’d prefer if we had new weapons put in instead. Plasma Caster and Hydra are both new additions the Halo sandbox that are fun to use and unique.