Classic slayer settings!

Hey everyone, have been messing around for the past few hours in solo custom games tinkering with some settings to try and get the classic halo feel to work for these maps that have been designed with spartan abilities in mind and figured I would share my settings with you so you could try them out and give feedback! these settings seem to work very well and almost all of the jumps remain intact except for some of the sprint + jump + thruster ones (ex: tower 3 to red ledge is no longer doable however I don’t think that jump could be made in the original headlong either if memory serves me correctly) you can make top mid to top base in truth, the scuba jump to top mid in Fathom is now a crouch jump (yes those are back with these settings) overall I think it feels great to move around these maps while never being unable to shoot and should make for some interesting gameplay, here are the settings (anything not included is left default)

Grenade exp radius - 90% - I gave the nades a slight nerf to account for the fact that people won’t be thrustering away from them all the time, may need to be toned down even more will need to see in actual gameplay
Motion sensor range - 120% felt it just needed a slight buff since it is so short, also these settings make 4v4 seem very viable on the BTB maps so the extra awareness is needed
Thruster - off
Spartan charge - off
Ground pound - off
Stabilizer - off
Base movement speed -120%
Sprint…c’mon…what do you think? :wink:
jump height - 150% - this may seem high but it is done to eliminate the need for clamber, and with the modified gravity it prevents jumping from feeling too floaty
jump gravity - 130% - this feels like the right setting, the only drawback of this is that the man cannons take the gravity into account as well so for example the cannon on guillotine does not send you to the spartan laser it drops you by the stairs at the bottom of the tower, it is a slight drawback gameplay wise to these settings but everything else feels pretty tight, let me know what you guys think and add me at XACSlayerX if you want to try some 4v4 games with these settings in the future (can’t play tonight though)

Cheers!

Wait till we get classic maps made in Forge. Then we cry out to 343i to make a classic playlist using these remakes with not spartan abilities. The problem is the current maps are meant for spartan abilities.

> 2533274857577417;2:
> Wait till we get classic maps made in Forge. Then we cry out to 343i to make a classic playlist using these remakes with not spartan abilities. The problem is the current maps are meant for spartan abilities.

These maps seem to work pretty good with these settings though, alot of the jumps remain intact you just don’t use the abilities to make them and you can move around at a good pace

Damn threads get buried fast here!

This seems pretty good.

Pretty sweet! I’ve done the same. The game plays way more fun without the abilities.

> 2533274793616507;6:
> Pretty sweet! I’ve done the same. The game plays way more fun without the abilities.

it sort of makes you realize how much some of the spartan abilities limit your movement hey? I mean when you think about it now to make a jump in halo you have to be facing the ledge, hit several buttons, and temporarily put down your gun, and the jumps are easy to make

with classic settings, the jumps are a single button push, feel more skill based, and you can make them while running backwards, strafing, and shooting (or sticking) pursuers