Classic Playlist

Can there be a playlist with BR starts, no radar, no sprint, no thrust, no ground pound, no stabilize, no new weapons like the hydra or storm rifle, and this playlist have nothing to do with HCS? Could it be possible to have a playlist thats different from all the others and have one thats like classic Halo games?

The BR would be too easy to use as a starting weapon especially without thrust and the sluggish strafe in this game. You’d probably be better off using the pistol.

Apparently not. :frowning: People have been begging for it since launch and still nothing.

I get that it wouldn’t be easy, they can’t just turn the abilities off and let you have at it, the maps and the sandbox are tweaked around use of the abilities, I get it. But enough people have been asking for it, that you’d think it would be worth the work. Heck, the Evolved settings a lot of people use in Customs have already done a good bit of the tweaking needed. The Forge community could provide the proper maps.

Playlist… No… But in customs yes

> 2727626560040591;2:
> The BR would be too easy to use as a starting weapon especially without thrust and the sluggish strafe in this game. You’d probably be better off using the pistol.

ya im sure you have a huge list of weapons you think are too powerful for you and you would rather just stick to using the pistol. thats not the point of this thread, theres people asking for a classic halo playlist

> 2533274911793921;5:
> ya im sure you have a huge list of weapons you think are too powerful for you and you would rather just stick to using the pistol. thats not the point of this thread, theres people asking for a classic halo playlist

If you wanna go that route, then why not use the H2BR instead?

I know you want classic, but I was just pointing out that it would probably be more fun to be able to out skill your opponent which would probably be harder to do with the BR in this game. If you just want the same weapons, then I guess the BR is the way to go.

Don’t think it would work well with how the weapons are balanced and how the maps are made for the abilities.

I dont get why people dont understand this. You can’t have a classic game type. It doesn’t work. With how the maps and weapons are designed it wont work. Sure they could use forge maps but it still work work properly. Plus the playlist will die pretty quickly because by now almost everyone thats still playing is playing for halo 5 and not a classic game.

> 2535415305234137;8:
> I dont get why people dont understand this. You can’t have a classic game type. It doesn’t work. With how the maps and weapons are designed it wont work. Sure they could use forge maps but it still work work properly. Plus the playlist will die pretty quickly because by now almost everyone thats still playing is playing for halo 5 and not a classic game.

it has not even been tried, yet everyone knows it doesnt work. astounding

> 2533275031939856;7:
> Don’t think it would work well with how the weapons are balanced and how the maps are made for the abilities.

if you dont think it works or dont like it then dont play it, just like everyone that doesnt like the current settings.

> 2727626560040591;6:
> > 2533274911793921;5:
> > ya im sure you have a huge list of weapons you think are too powerful for you and you would rather just stick to using the pistol. thats not the point of this thread, theres people asking for a classic halo playlist
>
> If you wanna go that route, then why not use the H2BR instead?
>
> I know you want classic, but I was just pointing out that it would probably be more fun to be able to out skill your opponent which would probably be harder to do with the BR in this game. If you just want the same weapons, then I guess the BR is the way to go.

i think the problem is, there is a small group of people that think they know what is fun for everyone, instead of just listening to what people are saying. im saying a classic playlist with no halo 5 abilities and BR starts would be fun. im highly positive that im not the only person that thinks this either.

> 2533274911793921;9:
> > 2535415305234137;8:
> > I dont get why people dont understand this. You can’t have a classic game type. It doesn’t work. With how the maps and weapons are designed it wont work. Sure they could use forge maps but it still work work properly. Plus the playlist will die pretty quickly because by now almost everyone thats still playing is playing for halo 5 and not a classic game.
>
> it has not even been tried, yet everyone knows it doesnt work. astounding

if the human race tried everything just incase we would have gone extinct by now. Your right. It MAY POSSIBLY SORT OF SLIGHTLY have a chance of working but its too low for 343i to invest their resources in it.

> 2533274911793921;10:
> > 2533275031939856;7:
> > Don’t think it would work well with how the weapons are balanced and how the maps are made for the abilities.
>
> if you dont think it works or dont like it then dont play it, just like everyone that doesnt like the current settings.

I meant that I don’t think it would work within Halo 5 because of how it was built in terms of the maps and weapons. I would enjoy that type of playlist but probably not in H5. But if they could tweak those type of things specifically for the playlist sure I’d be down.

> 2535415305234137;12:
> > 2533274911793921;9:
> > > 2535415305234137;8:
> > > I dont get why people dont understand this. You can’t have a classic game type. It doesn’t work. With how the maps and weapons are designed it wont work. Sure they could use forge maps but it still work work properly. Plus the playlist will die pretty quickly because by now almost everyone thats still playing is playing for halo 5 and not a classic game.
> >
> > it has not even been tried, yet everyone knows it doesnt work. astounding
>
> if the human race tried everything just incase we would have gone extinct by now. Your right. It MAY POSSIBLY SORT OF SLIGHTLY have a chance of working but its too low for 343i to invest their resources in it.

theyve already been putting their resources into the game to allow these settings to be changed. and the maps will play fine once the players get used to them.

> 2533275031939856;13:
> > 2533274911793921;10:
> > > 2533275031939856;7:
> > > Don’t think it would work well with how the weapons are balanced and how the maps are made for the abilities.
> >
> > if you dont think it works or dont like it then dont play it, just like everyone that doesnt like the current settings.
>
> I meant that I don’t think it would work within Halo 5 because of how it was built in terms of the maps and weapons. I would enjoy that type of playlist but probably not in H5. But if they could tweak those type of things specifically for the playlist sure I’d be down.

can always increase the base player speed slightly like we did in halo 3 for certain playlists. the maps really wouldnt be all that bad with how they are designed especially the small maps like fathom and empire.

Even new maps like tyrant would see better flow, i feel, without sprint

> 2533274911793921;9:
> > 2535415305234137;8:
> > I dont get why people dont understand this. You can’t have a classic game type. It doesn’t work. With how the maps and weapons are designed it wont work. Sure they could use forge maps but it still work work properly. Plus the playlist will die pretty quickly because by now almost everyone thats still playing is playing for halo 5 and not a classic game.
>
> it has not even been tried, yet everyone knows it doesnt work. astounding

I know it doesn’t work because I have tried. I tried it in customs a while back. Playing Halo 5 with none of its spartan abilities feels odd and uncomfortable. The maps were designed around them. You can try using forge remakes of old maps, but forge remakes are never quite the same to me. I didn’t really like the spawning at all on those forge CE remakes they used when they had the Anniversary Throwback playlist.

Honestly, I’ve played some classic gametypes in custom games with no sprint and whatnot, and they don’t work at all in Halo 5. The time to kill for weapons in this game is a good deal faster than in Halo 2/3, so you die ridiculously quickly. If you thought it was hard to react to somebody shooting you in regular Halo 5, it’s much worse in a classic playlist. Unless they find a way to change how weapons perform, it’s not a good idea.

I now understand why the “classic” playlist before had Sprint and stuff, because the weapons in Halo 5 just don’t work without those abilities.

> 2533274849649429;16:
> > 2533274911793921;9:
> > > 2535415305234137;8:
> > > I dont get why people dont understand this. You can’t have a classic game type. It doesn’t work. With how the maps and weapons are designed it wont work. Sure they could use forge maps but it still work work properly. Plus the playlist will die pretty quickly because by now almost everyone thats still playing is playing for halo 5 and not a classic game.
> >
> > it has not even been tried, yet everyone knows it doesnt work. astounding
>
> I know it doesn’t work because I have tried. I tried it in customs a while back. Playing Halo 5 with none of its spartan abilities feels odd and uncomfortable. The maps were designed around them. You can try using forge remakes of old maps, but forge remakes are never quite the same to me. I didn’t really like the spawning at all on those forge CE remakes they used when they had the Anniversary Throwback playlist.

no one is asking if you think it works, but if you dont like it then dont play it. simple solution

> 2533274808386392;17:
> Honestly, I’ve played some classic gametypes in custom games with no sprint and whatnot, and they don’t work at all in Halo 5. The time to kill for weapons in this game is a good deal faster than in Halo 2/3, so you die ridiculously quickly. If you thought it was hard to react to somebody shooting you in regular Halo 5, it’s much worse in a classic playlist. Unless they find a way to change how weapons perform, it’s not a good idea.
>
> I now understand why the “classic” playlist before had Sprint and stuff, because the weapons in Halo 5 just don’t work without those abilities.

I dont think its hard to react to somebody shooting in halo 5. There are plenty of people that would enjoy it and in my opinion it does work.

Your argument really falls apart when you first say "nobody asking you what you think", as if you’re speaking on behalf of the community against their opinion, and then say in the next post “there are plenty of people in the community who will enjoy it and I think it will work.”, where you’re speaking on behalf of the community for your opinion (even though by this thread it’s clear that the community may not be leaning in your favour…). So what, their opinion is worth less than yours because you don’t like it?