Classic ODST Armor's?

Take the ODST Armor from the past Halo games. (Halo 4) (Halo 3) (Halo 2) And Bring them into Halo 5 as an REQ Pack “Feet First Into Hell”

Personally, I don’t feel the need to add even more armors to this game. Especially armors that aren’t much different in design to armors we already have. The game feels bloated with customization options to me.

Halo 3: ODST (Rookie armor)

If anything, I’ll be perfectly fine with an ODST helmet (with no attachments). The Nightfall armor, while not 100% accurate, serves pretty well as a “proxy”.

Eh, maybe in the next game. I feel Halo 5 is in its final days

Yes, lets put the almost 30 years out of date sub-MLJONIR level armor into the game for NO OTHER REASON than the fans want it.
Seriously. ENOUGH.

Next thing you know they will be bringing back BDU’s. lol

> 2533274907200114;6:
> Yes, lets put the almost 30 years out of date sub-MLJONIR level armor into the game for NO OTHER REASON than the fans want it.
> Seriously. ENOUGH.

And yet, we have Nightfall armour, which is sub-ODST.

I’d like to see this in halo 5 cause no offense but…Helljumper and Nightfall just look so…“Meh” hell jumper’s weird patterns (With the weird marathon symbol n the ODST ref alt varient) just ruins the armour itself + the armor kinda doesn’t feel right while nightfall, is there really a reason for me to even say why it’s meh?.

I mean yeah, I will say the game is BLOATED with armor after armor + weapons but surely we could perhaps remove / drastically change things in the game. (Like the seeker, please never do an armor design like that again 343 PLEASE)

This is off topic but talking about if we should remove or change stuff, maybe there should be a vote either we should make a change or swap of a certain item within the game (For instance the MARK V Alpha, that thing is like a meme same with seeker)

we can take away some variants of armor with more than 3 varients. for instance Athlon has 1 standard and 5 variants, Warrior, War Master 1 Standard, 3 Variants while Scanner, Engineer, Pioneer, Strider, etc. only have a standard.

> 2533274811831911;9:
> I’d like to see this in halo 5 cause no offense but…Helljumper and Nightfall just look so…“Meh” hell jumper’s weird patterns (With the weird marathon symbol n the ODST ref alt varient) just ruins the armour itself + the armor kinda doesn’t feel right while nightfall, is there really a reason for me to even say why it’s meh?.
>
> I mean yeah, I will say the game is BLOATED with armor after armor + weapons but surely we could perhaps remove / drastically change things in the game. (Like the seeker, please never do an armor design like that again 343 PLEASE)
>
> This is off topic but talking about if we should remove or change stuff, maybe there should be a vote either we should make a change or swap of a certain item within the game (For instance the MARK V Alpha, that thing is like a meme same with seeker)
>
> we can take away some variants of armor with more than 3 varients. for instance Athlon has 1 standard and 5 variants, Warrior, War Master 1 Standard, 3 Variants while Scanner, Engineer, Pioneer, Strider, etc. only have a standard.

If there is a way to clear out UI space, is to implement a “sub-menu” system. For example, you select the base MK VI. A mini-window pops up, displaying the variants - in order of rarity - that you’ve unlocked as decals. From there, select the variant you want for your chestplate and helmet individually, and close the mini-window. This same process can be done with the rest of the armors, especially those with many variants.

> 2533274808386392;8:
> > 2533274907200114;6:
> > Yes, lets put the almost 30 years out of date sub-MLJONIR level armor into the game for NO OTHER REASON than the fans want it.
> > Seriously. ENOUGH.
>
> And yet, we have Nightfall armour, which is sub-ODST.

Because its not made to BE ODST armor. Its life-support kit.
The GEN 2 variation would also be equal in protection to at least baseline MJLONIR (Recruit most likely) meaning that its still better than ODST.

> 2533274907200114;11:
> > 2533274808386392;8:
> > > 2533274907200114;6:
> > > Yes, lets put the almost 30 years out of date sub-MLJONIR level armor into the game for NO OTHER REASON than the fans want it.
> > > Seriously. ENOUGH.
> >
> > And yet, we have Nightfall armour, which is sub-ODST.
>
> Because its not made to BE ODST armor. Its life-support kit.
> The GEN 2 variation would also be equal in protection to at least baseline MJLONIR (Recruit most likely) meaning that its still better than ODST.

So with that logic, should the ODST permutation of GEN2 MJOLNIR not offer the same amount of protection?

> 2533274808386392;12:
> > 2533274907200114;11:
> > > 2533274808386392;8:
> > > > 2533274907200114;6:
> > > > Yes, lets put the almost 30 years out of date sub-MLJONIR level armor into the game for NO OTHER REASON than the fans want it.
> > > > Seriously. ENOUGH.
> > >
> > > And yet, we have Nightfall armour, which is sub-ODST.
> >
> > Because its not made to BE ODST armor. Its life-support kit.
> > The GEN 2 variation would also be equal in protection to at least baseline MJLONIR (Recruit most likely) meaning that its still better than ODST.
>
> So with that logic, should the ODST permutation of GEN2 MJOLNIR not offer the same amount of protection?

The GEN 2 version already exists; its called Helljumper. So, no, not really.

> 2533274907200114;13:
> > 2533274808386392;12:
> > > 2533274907200114;11:
> > > > 2533274808386392;8:
> > > > > 2533274907200114;6:
> > > > > Yes, lets put the almost 30 years out of date sub-MLJONIR level armor into the game for NO OTHER REASON than the fans want it.
> > > > > Seriously. ENOUGH.
> > > >
> > > > And yet, we have Nightfall armour, which is sub-ODST.
> > >
> > > Because its not made to BE ODST armor. Its life-support kit.
> > > The GEN 2 variation would also be equal in protection to at least baseline MJLONIR (Recruit most likely) meaning that its still better than ODST.
> >
> > So with that logic, should the ODST permutation of GEN2 MJOLNIR not offer the same amount of protection?
>
> The GEN 2 version already exists; its called Helljumper. So, no, not really.

There’s also an ODST variant for both a GEN1 and GEN2 MJORNIR. Have you not played Halo 3, Reach and 4, where each of those appeared? I really don’t see what you’re going on about here…

This would be pretty good for a nostalgia factor, and I would rather see ODST armor instead of the new armors they are releasing, the new armors aren’t bad, but I just don’t think they look great.

What I would want to see, rather then put more armors in Halo 5, they should get the Armors from Halo 5 (like the Reach Helmets) and add them to Halo 6

> 2533274808386392;8:
> > 2533274907200114;6:
> > Yes, lets put the almost 30 years out of date sub-MLJONIR level armor into the game for NO OTHER REASON than the fans want it.
> > Seriously. ENOUGH.
>
> And yet, we have Nightfall armour, which is sub-ODST.

We also have Mk IV.

> 2533274907200114;11:
> > 2533274808386392;8:
> > > 2533274907200114;6:
> > > Yes, lets put the almost 30 years out of date sub-MLJONIR level armor into the game for NO OTHER REASON than the fans want it.
> > > Seriously. ENOUGH.
> >
> > And yet, we have Nightfall armour, which is sub-ODST.
>
> Because its not made to BE ODST armor. Its life-support kit.
> The GEN 2 variation would also be equal in protection to at least baseline MJLONIR (Recruit most likely) meaning that its still better than ODST.

Yes it is ODST armor, it’s a variant created by Cascade Stronghold Technology.

Anyway OP, we don’t need more ODST armor. Nightfall with the greystone visor is literally the ODST helmet and air assault can be used to recreate the way the ODST helmet appeared in Halo 2.

And then there’s Helljumper. I shouldn’t need to say more.

Three, technically two, is plenty.

> 2533274907200114;6:
> Yes, lets put the almost 30 years out of date sub-MLJONIR level armor into the game for NO OTHER REASON than the fans want it.
> Seriously. ENOUGH.

Yeah, because it would be so difficult to upgrade the old ODST design with updated polymer alloys and mjolnir shielding, right?

Oh wait, they already did in Halo 3, Reach and 4.

Because it’s from an older model it doesn’t make sense to use it, so that’s why the Mark IV, Grenadier and Nightfall aren’t in use, right?

Oh wait…

(also lore > fun EVERY TIME)

We really don’t need anymore armors in Halo 5.

I’d be interested to see armors that did different things in Warzone. Making a separate Warzone mode where various customizations actually do things other than serve cosmetic porpoises.