Classic Modes (CE, H2, H3) with Maps for you guys!

Alright guys.

I completed a couple projects with the help of some forgers:

In my booksmarks you can find a gamemode called “CE” and a handful of CE maps made by some talented forgers (listed below). This one took the most tuning and running many tests and comparisons (and even stopwatch timing against the actual Combat Evolved).

• CE MAGNUM STARTING WEAPON!!!
  • All abilities turned off
  • Radar turned off
  • Increased movement speed
  • Increased Strafe acceleration
  • Shield recharge decreased
  • Damage indicator on
  • Reduced melee damage
  • Reload speed decreased
  • Grenade blast radius and damage increased (CE mini nukes)
  • 4 frags and 4 plasmas max carry
  • Jump height and gravity tuned to be closest match (I had clips of CE on my laptop of Spartan jumping and timed it, then matched it the best I could in Halo 5).

The things I couldn’t change are fall damage and weapon strength, which is probably a good thing. I think playing this with CE mechanics and Halo 5 weapon balance would be fun.

There’s also a mode called “Halo 3”. The mode is similar to CE’s (obviously no abilities and increased base movement speed) only with:
-Halo 2 Battle Rifle & AR as starting weapons
-Higher jump
-Lower gravity
-Weaker grenades (3 of each instead of 2 since there are no Spike grenades)
-Faster strafing

• Damage indicator on

EDIT 12/27:
I added a Halo 2 mode. Similar to the Halo 3 mode but with:
-Halo 2 Battle Rifle & SMG as starting weapons

• Damage indicator off
  • Slightly floatier jumping
  • Increased strafing acceleration
  • Spawn with 2 frags, but can hold 4 frags & 4 plasmas
  • Weaker Melee (doesn’t account for acceleration though)
  • Tuned grenades to match H2’s strength

Now we just need some Halo 2 maps and soon we can rebuild the entire MCC in Halo 5 for some reason. lol. But seriously, a lot of people have been asking for a classic mode, so here you can find a mode for Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Halo 3, and maps for each.

Link to Modes in fileshare.
Link to Maps in fileshare. < mind you there are some other things in there, not all classic maps, some aesthetic maps for screenshots and some other very private personal things … so … um … I’m kidding, there are several more in my bookmarks from Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3. Some classic and some remixed for Halo 5’s movement mechanics and probably some unfinished maps. So just dig around and go to town**.**

Full list of maps so far:
“Sandtrap 26” by “WyvernZu
“BATTLE CREEK CE” by “AUREL1EN
“Chiron TL 34” by “Evilbrothers4
“R7_THEBRIG_V1” (Prisoner) by “Ramir3z77
“Sanctuary (Halo 2)” by Elegy of Dust
“Chill Out (CE)” by Elegy of Dust
“CE_ARMSRACE_V1” (Rat Race) by "Ramir3z77"
“High Ground” by "Reverse McNasty"

<em>Map creator’s gamer tags are in the map descriptions, if you change the maps and save them as your own, please be considerate and include the original forgers gamer tags in there as well. Thanks</em>

Added some screenshots:

Battle Creek 1.
Battle Creek 2.
Sandtrap 1.
Sandtrap 2.

Quick Solo Walk-Through of Battle Creek (Theater doesn’t record matches on Forge maps, and I didn’t think to grab any clips while playing with friends, so I made this).

NEW:
Prisoner 1.
Prisoner 2.
Chiron 1.
Chiron 2 (yeah, that ladder works)

Sweet ill have to check out sand trap. That beaver canyon map is fantastic AUREL1EN did an amazing job.

> 2533274846171508;3:
> Sweet ill have to check out sand trap. That beaver canyon map is fantastic AUREL1EN did an amazing job.

They sure did. One of the things that’s kinda weird is that the map doesn’t keep the name of the original creator if you tweak anything on it. It completely overwrites their name, which sucks and makes it seem a little odd since they did 99.99999999999999% of the work. I did nothing but add effects, decals, rearrange the weapons & power ups to match CE, and hide a little pig on the map. So my name shouldn’t be on there.

There should be at least be an “original creator” in the title.

Sweet! I was gonna remake Beaver Creek on glacier but now this saves me the trouble.

> 2533274970658419;5:
> Sweet! I was gonna remake Beaver Creek on glacier but now this saves me the trouble.

Don’t forget the game mode!!! It took me two days of tweaking! lol

> 2533274883669557;6:
> > 2533274970658419;5:
> > Sweet! I was gonna remake Beaver Creek on glacier but now this saves me the trouble.
>
>
> Don’t forget the game mode!!! It took me two days of tweaking! lol

Haha, don’t worry, I tried making a classic gamemode but it felt to floaty. Definitely gonna try these out.

> - 4 frags and 4 plasmas

Is that the maximum you can carry, or is that what you’re spawning players with?

Part of the reason four grenades on spawn “worked” in Ce is that they had a long fuse and could be easier avoided. Even then people could always just set it to 2, and in my experience usually did. Really wouldn’t recommend using four of them with Halo 5’s mechanics.

> - Reduced melee damage

I see what you’re going for, but it was still possible to get 2-hit melees in Ce. It was just momentum based, which Halo 3 removed in lieu of a uniform 2-hit melee.

Off-topic I don’t currently have xbox live but would love to watch some matches if anyone recorded it.

> 2533274883669557;4:
> > 2533274846171508;3:
> > Sweet ill have to check out sand trap. That beaver canyon map is fantastic AUREL1EN did an amazing job.
>
>
> They sure did. One of the things that’s kinda weird is that the map doesn’t keep the name of the original creator if you tweak anything on it. It completely overwrites their name, which sucks and makes it seem a little odd since they did 99.99999999999999% of the work. I did nothing but add effects, decals, rearrange the weapons & power ups to match CE, and hide a little pig on the map. So my name shouldn’t be on there.
>
> There should be at least be an “original creator” in the title.

Well thats lame. Hopefully they patch that so the rightful creator gets credit

> 2533274970658419;7:
> > 2533274883669557;6:
> > > 2533274970658419;5:
> > > Sweet! I was gonna remake Beaver Creek on glacier but now this saves me the trouble.
> >
> >
> > Don’t forget the game mode!!! It took me two days of tweaking! lol
>
>
> Haha, don’t worry, I tried making a classic gamemode but it felt to floaty. Definitely gonna try these out.

Let me know how it works. I haven’t had any feedback other than me swapping between the MCC and Halo 5 and running laps and jumps around these maps making sure they felt the same. I even timed the reload animations to get how long the reload speed should be, so … it should be pretty good.

I love you.

> 2533274819302824;8:
> > - 4 frags and 4 plasmas
>
>
> Is that the maximum you can carry, or is that what you’re spawning players with?
>
> Part of the reason four grenades on spawn “worked” in Ce is that they had a long fuse and could be easier avoided. Even then people could always just set it to 2, and in my experience usually did. Really wouldn’t recommend using four of them with Halo 5’s mechanics.
>
>
> > - Reduced melee damage
>
>
> I see what you’re going for, but it was still possible to get 2-hit melees in Ce. It was just momentum based, which Halo 3 removed in lieu of a uniform 2-hit melee.
>
> Off-topic I don’t currently have xbox live but would love to watch some matches if anyone recorded it.

These are both things I went back and forth on for this reason. The reason I settled on what I did was by asking people. For the melee, I settled on reducing it because in CE, melees didn’t lock on like they do in Halo 5, so often times, you’d miss. I figured having them weaker in Halo 5, maybe require a third, might be a good middle ground. It’s only slightly reduced to 80%.

You start with 4 frags as per usual in CE, but you can change it. Having that shorter fuse might be a problem since you can’t get away as fast, but I haven’t organized a full match yet to really test it out. My friends should be on in a little bit though, so we’ll see. I don’t have anything to record an entire match, just the Xbox DVR which does small clips.

Sandtrap?? That remake looks insane!

> These are both things I went back and forth on for this reason. The reason I settled on what I did was by asking people. For the melee, I settled on reducing it because in CE, melees didn’t lock on like they do in Halo 5, so often times, you’d miss. I figured having them weaker in Halo 5, maybe require a third, might be a good middle ground. It’s only slightly reduced to 80%

It’s not a bad idea, I definitely get the mentality behind it. Just thought I’d chime in.

Are you using AR / Pistol Starts? I’m gonna be that guy and say you might want to buff up that Pistol to a 4-shot. I know a lot of people feel that’s how it should be in vanilla Halo 5, but I especially think these settings with the adjusted speed and strafe acceleration are all the more reason to do it.

Also curious to see how (or if) you plan to implement Halo 5’s sandbox into the settings moving forward.

Wow these maps look nice, I’ve actually seen the same Sandtrap remake before I read this and I immediately knew it was the same one because of how good it was.

I’m going to help myself for sure. I have almost finished a remake of CE’s chiron TL 34 so when I post it make sure to grab it. Its not made to accommodate sprint so your game types will work perfectly. Also going to update when the CE pistol comes out.

> 2533274819302824;14:
> > These are both things I went back and forth on for this reason. The reason I settled on what I did was by asking people. For the melee, I settled on reducing it because in CE, melees didn’t lock on like they do in Halo 5, so often times, you’d miss. I figured having them weaker in Halo 5, maybe require a third, might be a good middle ground. It’s only slightly reduced to 80%
>
>
> It’s not a bad idea, I definitely get the mentality behind it. Just thought I’d chime in.
>
> Are you using AR / Pistol Starts? I’m gonna be that guy and say you might want to buff up that Pistol to a 4-shot. I know a lot of people feel that’s how it should be in vanilla Halo 5, but I especially think these settings with the adjusted speed and strafe acceleration are all the more reason to do it.
>
> Also curious to see how (or if) you plan to implement Halo 5’s sandbox into the settings moving forward.

You can’t, unfortunately. All you can adjust is how much damage you take overall. So if I alter that, it’ll just make everything equally more powerful. I was hoping there would be a way to independently adjust each weapon’s strength, but there isn’t. Which is annoying since you can adjust grenade strength, but not other weapons.

So, it’s Halo 5’s weapon balance. Which still has a pretty powerful magnum. Also, a 36 round AR instead of 60. I thought about using the SMG since the CE AR is essentially Halo 2’s SMG but we all know Halo 5’s SMG is … well, absurdly OP. So, it’s just standard Halo 5 AR/Magnum.

> 2533274891841289;16:
> I’m going to help myself for sure. I have almost finished a remake of CE’s chiron TL 34 so when I post it make sure to grab it. Its not made to accommodate sprint so your game types will work perfectly. Also going to update when the CE pistol comes out.

OMG I forgot about that!!!

I got a really nice Chiron as well, but it’s for Halo 5’s mechanics. It’s really fun though. It’s got BRs and Scattershots and has vertical platforming and such. I don’t remember who made it, but it’s nice.

Post your’s here when your done with it because I want a classic one too.

Have they said anything about the Ce Pistol?

I’m just assuming it’s going to be a hitscan, three-shot kill weapon. Which isn’t really suited for being a spawn weapon in this game.

Just an fyi you can use the pig to block the teleporter. Not that anyone would do that…