Classic Maps in Halo 4

I remember at one of the press conferences someone asked the question if they were going to bring any classic Halo maps back from previous games. Sorry, I don’t have an exact link to the question and I don’t really feel like looking for it. In response I believe Kiki laughed as a response (implying that it was a possibility).

So, what three multiplayer maps from any previous Halo game would you like them to bring back?

If not your favorite maps, what maps do you think would look good/interesting in Halo 4?

I would choose for gameplay:

1. Guardian (Halo 3)

2. Lockout (Halo 2)/Blackout (Halo 3)

3. The Pit (Halo 3)

I obviously chose these as the gameplay flows pretty well in all of them.

Maps that would look interesting/good in Halo 4 (other reasons for choice included):

1. Chill Out (Halo) /Cold Storage (Halo 3) - A great looking map with good gameplay.

2. Highlands (Halo:Reach) - I liked the way this map looked in Halo:Reach and I didn’t think the gameplay was that bad on the map either.

3. Sandtrap (Halo 3) - It would be interesting to see sand/desert in Halo 4. Not to mention this is a great map to play infection with your friends on.

So, post what you guys think. What maps would you like to see come back if possible? Make a list like mine if you want, and make sure the reasons why you want those three maps back wether it be becuase they would be aesthetically interesting/good looking in halo 4 or if they are great/fun in competitive or custom gameplay. Have fun :slight_smile:

Edited by Moderator - Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Sandtrap lockout guardian and blood gultch also high ground

I’d definitely bring back Terminal, Waterworks, and Burial Mounds. Since I can only choose three, I can’t name the rest of Halo 2’s pantheon of fantastic multiplayer maps, including the best version of Blood Gulch; Coagulation.

Sandtrap, High Ground, and Last Resort.

people dont do a search before they post? this is like the 4th post aobut this…

Here goes… Basically i would like to see all new maps in halo 4. Although i wouldnt mind a classic playlist, with forge maps of oldies if its done right.

> people dont do a search before they post? this is like the 4th post aobut this…
>
>
> Here goes… Basically i would like to see all new maps in halo 4. Although i wouldnt mind a classic playlist, with forge maps of oldies if its done right.

I’d rather have repeats of these topics that the 10 different “ranking system” topics that pop up each day.

Preferably no remakes at all…

But if there have to be any, pick anything randomly from H2. All those maps are straight up classics that sh*t on anything that Bungie made after it. As if they poured all their quality in that game and never touched that level again.

But from the top of my mind:
Lockout
Turf
Terminal

1. Sandtrap
  2. Guardian
  3. Last Resort
  1. Sandtrap (If we don’t get a new elephant map)
  2. Zanzibar
  3. Boardwalk
  4. Isolation (I understad if others didn’t like the map but I loved it)

Preferably none…but for the sake of the thread I think:

Terminal, Turf and Sandtrap should come back.

Without I doubt Halo2 had the best map design of all of the Halos however I don’t know how AA will slot in Halo2 map design without some things being scarified.

I’d rather have all new maps.

If there were classics to come back I would choose:

Lockout
Relic
Waterworks

Well I’d like to see following maps: Isolation, Sandtrap, Avalanche. If there comes remakes of any maps I would like see them as DLC’s.

I would love the good ol´ Halo 3 maps to return:

Guardian (Epic, even for small teams and games, also infection)

Sandtrap (Good for BTB and I also like the theme of that map)

CONSTRUCT (Why did no one mention that map ??? Best for 4v4 to 6v6 and: waterfalls = epic)

> > people dont do a search before they post? this is like the 4th post aobut this…
> >
> >
> > Here goes… Basically i would like to see all new maps in halo 4. Although i wouldnt mind a classic playlist, with forge maps of oldies if its done right.
>
> I’d rather have repeats of these topics that the 10 different “ranking system” topics that pop up each day.

Thumbs up

Well said

OT: The Pit or Guardian

> > people dont do a search before they post? this is like the 4th post aobut this…
> >
> >
> > Here goes… Basically i would like to see all new maps in halo 4. Although i wouldnt mind a classic playlist, with forge maps of oldies if its done right.
>
> I’d rather have repeats of these topics that the 10 different “ranking system” topics that pop up each day.

Whatever floats a persons boat. Pete and repeat was in a boat. Pete fell off, who was left? My point was there is multiple threads about the same topics over and over… Somebody could make an amazing point in one thread of a respective topic and it could be totally missed because everybody was reading the other thousand threads on that topic. And it seems to happen half the time before a thread on that respective topic has even left the first page! quantity over quality eh?

Maps I want back (in that order):

1- High Ground
2- Narrows
3- Waterworks

1 - Construct
2 - Narrows
3 - Standoff

The last thing we need is another Blood Gulch remake. That map is terrible.

[deleted]

The Halo 3 maps I’d LOVE to come back in Halo 4 are:

-High Ground
-Last Resort
-Guardian
-Valhalla (LOVED THAT MAP)
-The Pit

Those were my favourite Halo 3 maps. Halo 3 maps > Reach maps in my opinion. I could add about 5 more to that list which I could never get bored of, but to keep it short, those are my top 5 (No order. Valhalla was my favourite) :smiley:

Also I want the Hornet back :< AND THE ELEPHANT :smiley:

Wizard.

Shame that Prisoner, Hang 'Em High, Chill Out and Damnation already were remade, I would have loved to see those in fast-paced gameplay again. I’d also love to see a real version of Amplified but that’s not going happen, ever, so it is what it is. Derelict and Citadel were also pretty good maps. Midship, Lockout and Battle Creek are also worth mentioning, but I’d rather see some, or one, of the above.

Also, a good Sidewinder for my BTB pleasures.