Classic map remakes in Infinite?

Which classic maps from the previous Halo games would you like to see remade in Infinite?

Or have remakes been done too often and consequently lost their appeal?

I hope maps that actually deserve remakes be added into the game. Maps like terminal, turf, high ground and other great maps deserve some love. I really hope infinite introduces some new memorable maps as well.

> 2533274932512744;2:
> I hope maps that actually deserve remakes be added into the game. Maps like terminal, turf, high ground and other great maps deserve some love. I really hope infinite introduces some new memorable maps as well.

Agreed. As much as I enjoy the old multiplayer maps and being able to play re-imagined versions of those maps, I’d prefer 343 to focus on making a set of maps that can become the new ‘classic’ maps, if that makes sense.

At launch or DLC?

It could be cool to have a bunch of old school maps return with the Halo Infinite shine in a DLC pack.

As for specific maps, there are quite a few but to name one I would love Lockout to return.

> 2533274815711361;4:
> At launch or DLC?
>
> It could be cool to have a bunch of old school maps return with the Halo Infinite shine in a DLC pack.
>
> As for specific maps, there are quite a few but to name one I would love Lockout to return.

Ideally at launch. As demonstrated by Halo Reach and 4, splitting the playerbase between those who did/didn’t own the dlc maps had disastrous consequences for the population of the DLC playlists.

I’d like a remake of Boardwalk and Ivory Tower.

> 2533274870717152;5:
> > 2533274815711361;4:
> > At launch or DLC?
> >
> > It could be cool to have a bunch of old school maps return with the Halo Infinite shine in a DLC pack.
> >
> > As for specific maps, there are quite a few but to name one I would love Lockout to return.
>
> Ideally at launch. As shown by Halo Reach and 4, splitting the playerbase between those who did/didn’t own the dlc maps had disastrous consequences for the population of the DLC playlists.
>
> I’d like a remake of Boardwalk and Ivory Tower.

I remember those days, and it was unfortunate. But this wasn’t a problem experienced by Halo 5. We don’t know if Halo Infinite will have free maps like the direction they took away from Halo 4 and into Halo 5, but also don’t know that it will have map packs that need to be purchased.

> 2533274815711361;6:
> > 2533274870717152;5:
> > > 2533274815711361;4:
> > >
>
> I remember those days, and it was unfortunate. But this wasn’t a problem experienced by Halo 5. We don’t know if Halo Infinite will have free maps like the direction they took away from Halo 4 and into Halo 5, but also don’t know that it will have map packs that need to be purchased.

If they are part of the free dlc and have a high map rotation in Multiplayer, it won’t be much of an issue. Although, I do think that some of the most iconic classic maps should be in at launch as a taster of things to come.

I hope 343 learned from the misunderstanding in Halo 5 about the essentials (Infection, Forge, File Browser, etc) not being available at launch as most people weren’t happy about it, which could hurt Infinte’s initial sales if it happens again.

> 2533274870717152;7:
> > 2533274815711361;6:
> > > 2533274870717152;5:
> > > > 2533274815711361;4:
> > > >
> >
> > I remember those days, and it was unfortunate. But this wasn’t a problem experienced by Halo 5. We don’t know if Halo Infinite will have free maps like the direction they took away from Halo 4 and into Halo 5, but also don’t know that it will have map packs that need to be purchased.
>
> If they are part of the free dlc and have a high map rotation in Multiplayer, it won’t be much of an issue. Although, I do think that some of the most iconic classic maps should be in at launch as a taster of things to come.
>
> I hope 343 learned from the misunderstanding in Halo 5 about the essentials (Infection, Forge, File Browser, etc) not being available at launch as most people weren’t happy about it, which could hurt Infinte’s initial sales if it happens again.

Oh don’t get me wrong, I would love to see them at launch too. Depending on the maps chosen, I already know I like them.

Assuming it has the classic movement, I would love to see Last Resort again or maybe even High Ground. Some of my favourite maps in all of Halo

Lockout
Ivory Tower / Reflection
Wizard / Warlock
Midship
Guardian

> 2533274870717152;3:
> > 2533274932512744;2:
> > I hope maps that actually deserve remakes be added into the game. Maps like terminal, turf, high ground and other great maps deserve some love. I really hope infinite introduces some new memorable maps as well.
>
> Agreed. As much as I enjoy the old multiplayer maps and being able to play re-imagined versions of those maps, I’d prefer 343 to focus on making a set of maps that can become the new ‘classic’ maps, if that makes sense.

Exactly. While I hope Infite launches with maybe 1 or 2 remade maps. I hope they focus on making new maps that will become instant classics.

> 2533274932512744;11:
> > 2533274870717152;3:
> > > 2533274932512744;2:
> > > I hope maps that actually deserve remakes be added into the game. Maps like terminal, turf, high ground and other great maps deserve some love. I really hope infinite introduces some new memorable maps as well.
> >
> > Agreed. As much as I enjoy the old multiplayer maps and being able to play re-imagined versions of those maps, I’d prefer 343 to focus on making a set of maps that can become the new ‘classic’ maps, if that makes sense.
>
> Exactly. While I hope Infite launches with maybe 1 or 2 remade maps. I hope they focus on making new maps that will become instant classics.

Something that 343 has struggled to do, imo, is design a map that is universally well-liked on the scale of Bungie’s maps. With the exception of Haven, most of their maps that aren’t remakes of Bungie’s maps do not appear to have become community favorites for some reason or other.

Classic new maps. My favorite map from each all game:

Halo CE: Battle creek, and lots of huge maps.
Halo 2: Backwash
Halo 3: Sandtrap
Halo Reach: Spire from Invasion.
Halo 4: Haven
Halo 5: Can’t remember the name since UI is terrible.

At this point, Midship has been remade so many times it’s become a staple of Halo to me. I think it should just be a standard for every Halo game moving forward, given it makes sense with the mechanics.

H3:
Guardian, High Ground, Blackout, Sandtrap, Last Resort, and Rat’s Nest

Halo Reach:
Sword Base, Powerhouse, Countdown, Boneyard, and Spire

H4:
Absolutely nothing

H5:
Can’t think if a single one

I’d like to see some H2 map remakes since we didn’t get that much in H2A… Headlong or District would be nice it’s been a while since we’ve seen a earth map.

Anyone think some of the reach dlc was beautiful and doesnt get the attention it deserves?

But id like to see fewer remakes. People always forge their own remakes that look stunning for forge, i want quality maps to become 343s classics. Like haven, coliseum, tyrant, and empire. I love playing on those maps so much and anytime i am on them in rotation it makes me so delighted.

I also would like original maps, not remixes like truth and regret, empire and eden. Original handmade maps over quanity is very important

> 2533274915983628;17:
> Anyone think some of the reach dlc was beautiful and doesnt get the attention it deserves?
>
> But id like to see fewer remakes. People always forge their own remakes that look stunning for forge, i want quality maps to become 343s classics. Like haven, coliseum, tyrant, and empire. I love playing on those maps so much and anytime i am on them in rotation it makes me so delighted.
>
> I also would like original maps, not remixes like truth and regret, empire and eden. Original handmade maps over quanity is very important

Absolutely! I think Reach is old enough to be considered classic. (Is it the ten year anniversary next year?)

Anchor 9, Condemned and also Highlands would be great Reach dlc maps to make another appearance, as I didn’t get much opportunity to play them in Reach.

The Reach dlc did had the same problem the Battlefield dlc, they’d be very popular after release but gradually get played less and less as not enough people had the dlc or bought Premium, which meant that the beautiful maps were abandoned.

I agree that 343 needs work on making their own classic maps, their ‘own-brand’ maps don’t seem to gel with the community.

Containment
Highlands
Blood Gulch
Terminal
Avalanche
Last Resort

Basically any big team map, as big team needs a lot of love from 343i after the insult that is Halo 5 BTB

Halo CE: Gephyrophobia
Halo 2: Turf
Halo 3: Sandtrap
Halo Reach: Anchor 9
Halo 4: Skyline
Halo 5: Molten