Classic Magnum and Shotgun NOT IN INFINITE?!

Sooooooooo. A lot of things were recently discussed by Unyshek. He talked about how old the demo build was at “Several weeks” ago. And that they’ve heard our feedback and they are working hard to make the game look amazing and much better than the demo for launch. And something that was talked about was confirmed info about the Magnum and the “Tactical Shotgun”. They are NOT in Halo Infinite currently and the Sidekick and the Bulldog are technically replacments as of this current moment. This is something I was extremely worried about and it’s only come true.

Now, I like the new pistol and shotgun, but ONLY because I had the hope that they’d be alongside the classic Halo weapons we all know and love.I can’t tell you how much of an absolute badass I felt back in Halo 2 with the shotgun. And good god when Halo 3 came into my possession I fell in love with that version of shotty. And again, I LIKE the new pistol and shotgun. But replacing the classic weapons? We all remember what happened with the SPNKR back in Halo 5’s beta. And it seems it’s happening again.

I understand being upset about the bulldog replacing the shotgun, but every Halo game so far has changed the look and functionality of the magnum. To me it seems like the Sidekick is just this game’s magnum in everything but name, it’s (probably) your primary sidearm and seems to function very similarly to the Halo 2 one. The design is disappointingly generic but I feel like nobody in the community would particularly care or notice the difference if they’d just outright said that this was Infinite’s version of the magnum.

Uny said the classic magnum won’t return. I assume that’s referring to the Halo CE pistol, which would mirror as Halo 5, as it wasn’t really there, at least for the campaign IIRC. Even in MP, the classic magnum was rarely seen. Aside from seemingly going against the principal of refocusing on the classics for Infinite, this doesn’t seem like a huge change. They might bring the H5 magnum back as well, or add the CE pistol to forge in a content update, just got to wait and see.

the classic pistol is an iconic halo weapon. the explosive round desert eagle, the handcanon, thebest secondary weapon. it can coexist with the sidekick.
the classic shotgun (also the 4/5 shotgun, as it fills the same role) is iconic too, as it was THE weapon against the flood.

i hope 343i manages to add these weapons back in and add them to campaign for launch. this cutting of main line content for later release is a bad sign. if other main weapons are cut, they should delay the game for reinclusion.

The magnum’s been so different in every game I don’t really see what there is to get mad against.

The shotgun i’m kind of mixed on. It sort of has a history of only being terribly great against the flood and -Yoink!- off players in multiplayer, but other campaign enemies are either take too many shots to down, or are too weak to warrant using so much of its limited ammo on.

Honestly the design change is the most annoying, I don’t mind the use case being tweaked but why in a game where you’re going back to “legacy” art styles would you remove two classic designs and replace them with mediocre designs

Sorry, I more concerned about whether the sandbox will make the gameplay run smoothly and functionally. Some weapons make it, some don’t, doesn’t really matter changes happen. We didn’t get no classic Br, shotgun, spnkr or pistol in Reach, H4 or 5. Didn’t change anything, still played the game for fun, and then adding it in later was nice and all, but it’s not a deal breaker. Heck, we didn’t have no classic pistol since CE, so why would I care about weapon changes now.

This is small stuff people should be worrying about

> 2533274821174589;7:
> Sorry, I more concerned about whether the sandbox will make the gameplay run smoothly and functionally. Some weapons make it, some don’t, doesn’t really matter changes happen. We didn’t get no classic Br, shotgun, spnkr or pistol in Reach, H4 or 5. Didn’t change anything, still played the game for fun, and then adding it in later was nice and all, but it’s not a deal breaker. Heck, we didn’t have no classic pistol since CE, so why would I care about weapon changes now.
>
> This is small stuff people should be worrying about

Yeah I’m not torn up about this. As long as the resulting sandbox is good, I don’t care.

They could honestly just change the model to the classic halo one and noone would even realize it was the same weapon.

> 2533274821174589;7:
> Sorry, I more concerned about whether the sandbox will make the gameplay run smoothly and functionally. Some weapons make it, some don’t, doesn’t really matter changes happen. We didn’t get no classic Br, shotgun, spnkr or pistol in Reach, H4 or 5. Didn’t change anything, still played the game for fun, and then adding it in later was nice and all, but it’s not a deal breaker. Heck, we didn’t have no classic pistol since CE, so why would I care about weapon changes now.
>
> This is small stuff people should be worrying about

function wise we had all of these weapons, just that 4 and 5 used a different artstyle. the dmr is the only replacement in reach and the bumugly tube in h5 for the spnkr.

the classic shotgun and magnum fill differnt sandbox roles than the new counterparts.

the shotgun was slow but powerfull. a methodical weapon, hald way to a power weapon. the bulldog is closer to a normal gun.
the magnum was the trusty allrounder. it could hit further than a br when paced, and when spammed was effective at closer ranges than a br. a not to powerfull but usefull for the headshots handcanon. the sidekick is a fast swith finisher insted, not an allround weapon.

> 2533274945422049;10:
> > 2533274821174589;7:
> > Sorry, I more concerned about whether the sandbox will make the gameplay run smoothly and functionally. Some weapons make it, some don’t, doesn’t really matter changes happen. We didn’t get no classic Br, shotgun, spnkr or pistol in Reach, H4 or 5. Didn’t change anything, still played the game for fun, and then adding it in later was nice and all, but it’s not a deal breaker. Heck, we didn’t have no classic pistol since CE, so why would I care about weapon changes now.
> >
> > This is small stuff people should be worrying about
>
> function wise we had all of these weapons, just that 4 and 5 used a different artstyle. the dmr is the only replacement in reach and the bumugly tube in h5 for the spnkr.
>
> the classic shotgun and magnum fill differnt sandbox roles than the new counterparts.
>
> the shotgun was slow but powerfull. a methodical weapon, hald way to a power weapon. the bulldog is closer to a normal gun.
> the magnum was the trusty allrounder. it could hit further than a br when paced, and when spammed was effective at closer ranges than a br. a not to powerfull but usefull for the headshots handcanon. the sidekick is a fast swith finisher insted, not an allround weapon.

The sandbox is much larger than what was showcased. 343 has likely spent a lot of time balancing the sandbox. I think they will add other weapons to fill in these gaps.

I would love something like the Halo 4 Magnum back (but with better sound) H4’s and CE’s was my favorites but the ones after CE have been more logical next to the BR, except possibly H5’s

And for the shotgun H2 was perfect, need no changes at all.

I have to say I’ll miss the old shotgun, like it always felt so good and it looked cool. I hope they bring it back soon. Which is a definite I think, he said they weren’t featured yet.

> 2535453407941985;11:
> > 2533274945422049;10:
> > > 2533274821174589;7:
> > > Sorry, I more concerned about whether the sandbox will make the gameplay run smoothly and functionally. Some weapons make it, some don’t, doesn’t really matter changes happen. We didn’t get no classic Br, shotgun, spnkr or pistol in Reach, H4 or 5. Didn’t change anything, still played the game for fun, and then adding it in later was nice and all, but it’s not a deal breaker. Heck, we didn’t have no classic pistol since CE, so why would I care about weapon changes now.
> > >
> > > This is small stuff people should be worrying about
> >
> > function wise we had all of these weapons, just that 4 and 5 used a different artstyle. the dmr is the only replacement in reach and the bumugly tube in h5 for the spnkr.
> >
> > the classic shotgun and magnum fill differnt sandbox roles than the new counterparts.
> >
> > the shotgun was slow but powerfull. a methodical weapon, hald way to a power weapon. the bulldog is closer to a normal gun.
> > the magnum was the trusty allrounder. it could hit further than a br when paced, and when spammed was effective at closer ranges than a br. a not to powerfull but usefull for the headshots handcanon. the sidekick is a fast swith finisher insted, not an allround weapon.
>
> The sandbox is much larger than what was showcased. 343 has likely spent a lot of time balancing the sandbox. I think they will add other weapons to fill in these gaps.

if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it.

the gameplay niche of a slow but hard hitting shotgun that needs measured use because of its slow reload is very specific and highly functional in nearly every game. the magnum is a trusty all round backup. it can be shot slowly to outreach the br ( not as consistent as the dmr) and spammed for below br range kills (not as consistent as the ar).

the sidekick is a quickdraw headshot finisher and the bulldog is a fast cqc gun.

i don’t really mind design changes per se, but i do mind changing a design change away from a more or less unique design into the direction of a “common” design which looks similar to designs in other shooters.

to me this is just one more sign, that 343i doesn’t really want to make a “halo game”. it’s fine that people prefer the new halo style like it’s fine that people prefer the old one. the thing is, i think, that 343i could have been very successful, if they made their own thing and not call it halo. the way the halo franchise is handled is hurting 343 and (classic) halo.

classic halo fans are waiting for a new classic halo game since 2007 (or 2010, depending on who you’re asking) and i feel “new” halo fans are missing out on their own unique franchise, which i think is now held back by the halo name.

my (not so serious and not really thought through) dream would be, since -Yoink!- is seemingly working more closely with bungie again, that bungie would take over the halo franchise again and scrap everything after halo 2 story-wise (i don’t think halo 3s story was that good), while 343 gets the chance to build their own franchise under a new brand. it could even continue the current story for all i care.

And my hype is sinking. They’ve already learned that this is a stupid move with Halo 5’s tube, yet here we are again. No excuse this time.

The halo 5 magnum was the best weapon they made, for them to not carry is over would be a huge mistake!!

In part I agree to introduce new weapons in the game, but I hope that in the future also the classic ones will be added, the magnum has made the history of Halo!

Back in the day (man, I feel old…), there was a little bit of disappointment among the community that the BR wouldn’t make an appearance in ODST and Reach. Were they still bad games? Personally, I don’t think so. I like/love all the Halo games in their own unique ways (except the storyline/plot of Halo 5’s campaign). Even for the OG version of Halo 2, the AR didn’t make an appearance (the SMG more or less replaced it but not a dedicated AR). Was it still a bad game? No.

I just encourage everyone to look at both sides of the same coin. I would like for classic weapons to return but after reading their latest Community Update, they said those weapons currently don’t exist in the sandbox. Over time, they may introduce them back.

> 2533274818575073;19:
> Back in the day (man, I feel old…), there was a little bit of disappointment among the community that the BR wouldn’t make an appearance in ODST and Reach. Were they still bad games? Personally, I don’t think so. I like/love all the Halo games in their own unique ways (except the storyline/plot of Halo 5’s campaign). Even for the OG version of Halo 2, the AR didn’t make an appearance (the SMG more or less replaced it but not a dedicated AR). Was it still a bad game? No.
>
> I just encourage everyone to look at both sides of the same coin. I would like for classic weapons to return but after reading their latest Community Update, they said those weapons currently don’t exist in the sandbox. Over time, they may introduce them back.

the dmr and silenced smg at least looked good.