Classic is a Joke

Look, I appreciate that 343 feels warm enough inside to remake a few maps from the hey-days. I get that they wanted to bring back The Magnum. But there are a few major flaws with the whole thing that make these efforts seem trivial.

1 - Auto-Aim. The original magnum took actual effort to kill in three shots. In fact this was a rare occurrence. It took a certain kind of headshot, not just anywhere between the neck and scalp. In Reach the magnum pops heads faster than I can pull the trigger. It’s a cracked-out imitation of the original, and wasn’t worth the effort.

2 - Big Team Battle. This was the whole point of CE multiplayer, slugging it out on Blood Gulch with giant teams and tanks and banshees and what not. So why is Classic only 4v4? 343i went through all the trouble to make new stats and maps for Classic, and it only has 4v4, and Blood Gulch is snubbed from the party. Yes, I can play Anniv. BTB and hope Classic is voted for, but guess what. DMR starts, who would have thought. I play Classic to avoid DMR starts. What the heck did I pay for?

3 - Blood Gulch. Seriously, where is it? A re-Forging is all it would take.

Classic should at least have a choice between Team Slayer and Big Team. And Hemmo/Blood Gulch should get the attention it deserves, banshees and all. Thanks for reading.

I see where you are coming from and agree that there are a few frustrating things. Overall I enjoy the gameplay, but I enjoyed Reach too…and Halo 3…and all the Halo’s actually so maybe I’m just a fanboy and will love anything with a spartan.

Anyway the only thing I dislike about the pistol is it seems to be more powerful than the dmr, the assault rifle, or any gun for that manner besides the sniper and rocket! Maybe its just me but three shots with a pistol seems to be a much easier way to get kills than using any other non power weapon…just seems too ridiculous for my liking. Just my opinion, either way its not going to stop me from playing!

-Thug

I like the classic playlist i just hate the melee bleed damage!

It is what it is, haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love. If you don’t like it, don’t play it.

You may be speaking from your experiences but I never played a game of CE with more than 8 people. Just throwing that out there. Also, there is a BTB Slayer variant of Classic.

Melee bleed damage for the win. Stops all that double melee sprinting, it’s been so fun smashing on those who think they are safe. :stuck_out_tongue: Not anymore…armor lockers get T bagged thinking that they can ruin the flow of combat, ha!

Plus, who straight up just goes for the Melee’s when they are weaker and the pistol is stronger? lol < Anniversary settings.

> …I never played a game of CE with more than 8 people. Also, there is a BTB Slayer variant of Classic.

You don’t know what you’re missing. If you can find it, I recommend playing Halo CE to its full multiplayer extent. A 16-man game of Blood Gulch is awesome.

As I wrote before, the BTB variant of Classic is the real joke. Not only is it difficult to land a game in the hellish ‘voting’ system, the weapons of spawn are painfully off. A magnum and a DMR? What’s the point of playing Classic BTB if I’m just going to have the same experience of every other Big Team game out there?

Unless 343 plans on updating this attempt at Classic mode, playing Halo CE is your best bet for a good time.

Initially i thought they were bringing back the CE pistol, but they just made a mutant reach pistol.

Extremely disappointed.

I actually really like the classic playlists. I’m having a hard time playing regular reach now. :smiley:

> It is what it is, haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love. If you don’t like it, don’t play it.

took the words right outta my mouth

1. Wrong. So wrong. You got headshots left and right in CE.

2. Also very wrong. Think about this statement a little more… BTB was the entire purpose of Halo multiplayer…considering there’s onlu a whopping THREE maps made for BTB, I have to say no.

3.Ew. Enough with the Blood Gulch. It’s been in every Halo game so far, and it really is a terrible map. A flat, empty huge canyon with zero cover…BORING. Also Blood Gulch never had Banshees. Only Coagulation did.

> It is what it is, haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love. If you don’t like it, don’t play it.

Exactly. There’s plenty of playlists and choices for everybody. Why play something you don’t like?

> Also Blood Gulch never had Banshees. Only Coagulation did.

Ah, you must not have played Halo PC. Banshees were added to Blood Gulch in Halo PC.

> 1. Wrong. So wrong. You got headshots left and right in CE.
>
> 2. Also very wrong. Think about this statement a little more… BTB was the entire purpose of Halo multiplayer…considering there’s onlu a whopping THREE maps made for BTB, I have to say no.
>
> 3.Ew. Enough with the Blood Gulch. It’s been in every Halo game so far, and it really is a terrible map. A flat, empty huge canyon with zero cover…BORING. Also Blood Gulch never had Banshees. Only Coagulation did.

1. It was much harder to achieve a 3sk in CE than it is now.

2. BTB WAS incredibly fun in the original Halo. We aren’t even lacking maps, we have HeH, Timberland, and Headlong so far. We could easily find good remakes of other maps if we searched for them.

3. We’ll just use Coagulation, plenty of cover. Also Blood Gulch did have Banshees, on PC.

> 1. Wrong. So wrong. You got headshots left and right in CE.
>
> 2. Also very wrong. Think about this statement a little more… BTB was the entire purpose of Halo multiplayer…considering there’s onlu a whopping THREE maps made for BTB, I have to say no.
>
> 3.Ew. Enough with the Blood Gulch. It’s been in every Halo game so far, and it really is a terrible map. A flat, empty huge canyon with zero cover…BORING. Also Blood Gulch never had Banshees. Only Coagulation did.

So true, haters are going to hate. I’m not going to argue this, but Blood Gulch does have banshees.

> > It is what it is, haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love. If you don’t like it, don’t play it.
>
> …Why play something you don’t like?

I don’t intend to, as I’ve said CE is currently a better game. I’m trying to build attention over some easy fixes 343 could make. Hell, I could do most of it from my couch.

> > > It is what it is, haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love. If you don’t like it, don’t play it.
> >
> > …Why play something you don’t like?
>
> I don’t intend to, as I’ve said CE is currently a better game. I’m trying to build attention over some easy fixes 343 could make. Hell, I could do most of it from my couch.

Then do it.

I go way back to around 2000 when I first playing Halo.I played Halo CE on the PC multiplayer.I agree with you.I had hours/days/weeks palying on Blood Gulch and I was certain it would be included And for that matter where the -Yoink!- is Sidewinder?With all that said I do love what they did and Timberland/Hang em High rock and they really did a great job with these.I would really love to see Blood Gulch and Sidewinder.These were hands down the two most popular back in the day.Halo multiplay to me has always been about Big Team Battle and not 4 on 4 ect…As far as the new pistol goes>I dig it but it is a easy kill and not anything like the original.

Yeah, Anniv’s pistol is a somewhat sloppy representation of the Halo 1 pistol. Headshot detection is extremely lenient at close range, and Reach’s aim acceleration and magnetism systems just don’t feel right.

That, on top of the sketchy movement and jumping, lack of a Halo 1-like vehicle system, weird magazine sizes, and apparent total lack of effort to balance most of the other weapons or make them behave at all like their originals makes Anniv an extremely poor emulation of Halo 1.

> I go way back to around 2000 when I first playing Halo.I played Halo CE on the PC multiplayer.

Be careful about driving 88 on the highway.

> It’s been in every Halo game so far,

how many times do I have to say BLOOD GULCH WAS NOT IN HALO 3!!
And does anyone know why classic actually sucks… Maybe cause they only thing they brought classic was maps and the pistol but not the AR and that’s why it’s so unbalanced like how can you bring back one thing but not something else. Therefore in classic the only gun people are killing with is the pistol which is down right stupid