"Classic Halo" what a joke...

I come on here and see people saying, “We need classic HALO NOW!!!1111” Do they want HALO to turn in Call of Duty? Call of Duty has been giving people classic cod for years, and everyone here seems to think that thats horrible and we just need Halo to stay classic and that 343 should make HALO 3.1 Halo 3.2 and Halo 3.3.

Actually cod has been getting progressively worse since cod4…which is also what’s happening to halo since halo 2

CoD releases the same game every year with very slight changes and guess what, it sells more and more every year. Halo never needed to change before but it did for the sake of change with Reach, and we all see how well that worked out.

Edit: I’d like to add that Halo 3 sucks and if I had it my way we would be getting Halo 2.1, Halo 2.2, and Halo 2.3 instead of Halo 4, 5, and 6.

Halo 3.1/2/3 sounds amazing.

The fact is; Halo ‘Fanboys’ are the biggest hypocrites. They want Halo 2 over and over again (some even want CE) yet Bash CoD for making pretty much the same thing they want of Halo.

Halo needs to move up and out. Not stay the exact same every game. That is what will kill the franchise, not these changes. If people see that it’s THE EXACT SAME GAME every time, then there would be no point in moving on past Halo 3 (and only because Halo 2 is no longer playable online)

If you want Halo 2 forever, go play Halo 3, they’re barely different.

> The fact is; Halo ‘Fanboys’ are the biggest hypocrites. They want Halo 2 over and over again (some even want CE) yet Bash CoD for making pretty much the same thing they want of Halo.

The people who want Halo to stay the same are not the same people who bash CoD for staying the same, obviously…Why would you even think that?

> Halo needs to move up and out. Not stay the exact same every game. That is what will kill the franchise, not these changes. If people see that it’s THE EXACT SAME GAME every time, then there would be no point in moving on past Halo 3 (and only because Halo 2 is no longer playable online)

Who ever says it needs to be THE EXACT SAME GAME? No one. It needs to make improvements, not changes to the gameplay. And CoD gets bashed for being the same game every release, yet it has done nothing but grow in popularity and sales. It is on a yearly release schedule for God’s sake and people still buy every new one that comes out, so where do you get off saying Halo would die if it followed CoD’s philosophy?

> If you want Halo 2 forever, go play Halo 3, they’re barely different.

I do play Halo 3. Almost every day. However, it is no longer supported by anyone and what happens when it dies completely. What am I supposed to do then?

> > The fact is; Halo ‘Fanboys’ are the biggest hypocrites. They want Halo 2 over and over again (some even want CE) yet Bash CoD for making pretty much the same thing they want of Halo.
>
> The people who want Halo to stay the same are not the same people who bash CoD for staying the same, obviously…Why would you even think that?
>
>
>
> > Halo needs to move up and out. Not stay the exact same every game. That is what will kill the franchise, not these changes. If people see that it’s THE EXACT SAME GAME every time, then there would be no point in moving on past Halo 3 (and only because Halo 2 is no longer playable online)
>
> Who ever says it needs to be THE EXACT SAME GAME? No one. It needs to make improvements, not changes to the gameplay. And CoD gets bashed for being the same game every release, yet it has done nothing but grow in popularity and sales. It is on a yearly release schedule for God’s sake and people still buy every new one that comes out, so where do you get off saying Halo would die if it followed CoD’s philosophy?
>
>
>
>
> > If you want Halo 2 forever, go play Halo 3, they’re barely different.
>
> I do play Halo 3. Almost every day. However, it is no longer supported by anyone and what happens when it dies completely. What am I supposed to do then?

youre supposed to stop complaining and realize this is a new trilogy

> <mark>CoD releases the same game every year with very slight changes and guess what, it sells more and more every year.</mark> Halo never needed to change before but it did for the sake of change with Reach, and we all see how well that worked out.
>
> Edit: I’d like to add that Halo 3 sucks and if I had it my way we would be getting Halo 2.1, Halo 2.2, and Halo 2.3 instead of Halo 4, 5, and 6.

Actually, sales from BlOps to MW3 have gone down 4.2%. Looks like people are finally getting bored :smiley:

> > <mark>CoD releases the same game every year with very slight changes and guess what, it sells more and more every year.</mark> Halo never needed to change before but it did for the sake of change with Reach, and we all see how well that worked out.
> >
> > Edit: I’d like to add that Halo 3 sucks and if I had it my way we would be getting Halo 2.1, Halo 2.2, and Halo 2.3 instead of Halo 4, 5, and 6.
>
> Actually, sales from BlOps to MW3 have gone down 4.2%. Looks like people are finally getting bored :smiley:

In what time frame. Overall, first 24 hours, what?

If you think they’ve been giving people classic CoD you don’t even know what classic CoD is. Believe it or not, CoD once had a range of vehicles, and only preset classes, and no killstreaks.

Thems were the days…

sprints mandatory
we can join games in progress
we can instant respawn
we have loadouts

what were you saying about not wanting halo to turn into cod?

> > > The fact is; Halo ‘Fanboys’ are the biggest hypocrites. They want Halo 2 over and over again (some even want CE) yet Bash CoD for making pretty much the same thing they want of Halo.
> >
> > The people who want Halo to stay the same are not the same people who bash CoD for staying the same, obviously…Why would you even think that?
> >
> >
> >
> > > Halo needs to move up and out. Not stay the exact same every game. That is what will kill the franchise, not these changes. If people see that it’s THE EXACT SAME GAME every time, then there would be no point in moving on past Halo 3 (and only because Halo 2 is no longer playable online)
> >
> > Who ever says it needs to be THE EXACT SAME GAME? No one. It needs to make improvements, not changes to the gameplay. And CoD gets bashed for being the same game every release, yet it has done nothing but grow in popularity and sales. It is on a yearly release schedule for God’s sake and people still buy every new one that comes out, so where do you get off saying Halo would die if it followed CoD’s philosophy?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > If you want Halo 2 forever, go play Halo 3, they’re barely different.
> >
> > I do play Halo 3. Almost every day. However, it is no longer supported by anyone and what happens when it dies completely. What am I supposed to do then?
>
> youre supposed to stop complaining and realize this is a new trilogy

I don’t give a flying f*** if it’s a “new trilogy.” Don’t call it Halo 4 (sequel to Halo 3 not Halo Reach) unless you are going to deliver an experience I would expect from a Halo (Reach is not a Halo game to me) game.

Why did Microsoft put together an entire development team to continue Halo? I mean do you not realize how much of a sell out 343 is they are literally turning Halo into whatever they believe will attract the CoD players? Where will you draw the line to what they can stuff into a game and label Halo, getting sales off the name alone?

It’s not that we want the exact same game, however we do hope for an improvement on similar gameplay that has been proven to WORK.

The COD formula works obviously…

Maintain the same gameplay, but add new weapons/maps/some new perks and a few new gametypes and people can’t get enough…

HOWEVER, imagine if in Black Ops 2 all of a sudden everyone could FLY. Or turn INVISIBLE at will. Or turn into an invincible ROCK.

People would be like: WTF YO?!

> > > <mark>CoD releases the same game every year with very slight changes and guess what, it sells more and more every year.</mark> Halo never needed to change before but it did for the sake of change with Reach, and we all see how well that worked out.
> > >
> > > Edit: I’d like to add that Halo 3 sucks and if I had it my way we would be getting Halo 2.1, Halo 2.2, and Halo 2.3 instead of Halo 4, 5, and 6.
> >
> > Actually, sales from BlOps to MW3 have gone down 4.2%. Looks like people are finally getting bored :smiley:
>
> In what time frame. Overall, first 24 hours, what?

From release to beginning of March I believe. I might be wrong, so don’t quote me on it.

Typical, People say CoD Pumps out the same game every year and never played any besides MW and BO. CoD 1 and 2 for PC were leaps and bounds better and more competitive than the MW series and resembled the MW series in almost no way. CoD changed the same has Halo, gradually over time with each iteration sucking more than the last. CoD4 was actually a pretty decent game, and to say MW3, MW2, BO is the same game as CoD4 is laughable. Its like saying Reach and H3 play the same.

Fact is I have never hated on CoD for how they handle their MP because in all honesty the series has changed a ton… they just started to handle change correctly by only changing small things. I dont agree with a lot thats been changed but thats a different discussion. That’s what Halo should have been doing. I dislike CoD, but its not because they release similar games every year. I actually think that’s the main thing that keeps their series successful(since MW).

I would trade every new change they have made for a better framerate why halo is still running at 29fps still is a joke…

> CoD releases the same game every year with very slight changes and guess what, it sells more and more every year. Halo never needed to change before but it did for the sake of change with Reach, and we all see how well that worked out.
>
> Edit: I’d like to add that Halo 3 sucks and if I had it my way we would be getting Halo 2.1, Halo 2.2, and Halo 2.3 instead of Halo 4, 5, and 6.

Go. Look at halo CE gameplay.
Now look at halo 2 gameplay.
They play SIGNIFICANTLY different.
The changes in reach are so damn minor in comparison.

> sprints mandatory
> we can join games in progress
> we can instant respawn
> we have loadouts
>
> what were you saying about not wanting halo to turn into cod?

Sprint Mandatory: Every FPS known to man made in the past 2 years.
Join in progress: Most likely in social playlists. 343 will never put this in ranked.
Instant respawn: IN FFA and slayer ONLY
Loadouts: EVERY FPS IN THE LAST 5 YEARS.

Fail logic on your part.

> > CoD releases the same game every year with very slight changes and guess what, it sells more and more every year. Halo never needed to change before but it did for the sake of change with Reach, and we all see how well that worked out.
> >
> > Edit: I’d like to add that Halo 3 sucks and if I had it my way we would be getting Halo 2.1, Halo 2.2, and Halo 2.3 instead of Halo 4, 5, and 6.
>
> Go. Look at halo CE gameplay.
> Now look at halo 2 gameplay.
> They play SIGNIFICANTLY different.
> The changes in reach are so damn minor in comparison.

The key difference between Halo CE and Halo 2 is that Halo 2 has an absolutely massive amount of aim assist and bullet magnetism. Aside from those 2 things the games are relatively the same.

> > CoD releases the same game every year with very slight changes and guess what, it sells more and more every year. Halo never needed to change before but it did for the sake of change with Reach, and we all see how well that worked out.
> >
>
> Go. Look at halo CE gameplay.
> Now look at halo 2 gameplay.
> They play SIGNIFICANTLY different.
> The changes in reach are so damn minor in comparison.

Halo CE and 2 are still both simple arena shooters with the fundamentals of gameplay exactly the same, save for the health system.

Reach moved from an arena shooter towards a class shooter. That change will always be greater than the change from CE to 2.