Classic halo please

Does anyone out there think halo should be how it was back in halo 2 & halo 3.
I know alot of people will disagree with me but oh well these our my thoughts. I think Halo should go back how it was back in the day make H6 like how halo 3 was leading shots h3’s 1-50 ranking and progression no ads no clamber or anything. what made halo halo was that it was different from other games not where it had to be the same as every game. halo 3 had TONS of people on it was always standing around 100k people online now don’t get me wrong halo 5 is really fun not the worst halo cough halo 4 cough but I think we should go back to how halo was. if it doesn’t work if it’s a complete bomb then go back to how it was in h5. these are my thoughts and I stand by them

In terms of Map design, yeah. Halo has always been more than just an arena CQC MLG tryhard fest. Maps feel less large or spacey. you have all these speed based abilities in a tiny little shoe box and it becomes a little more. as far as ranks go, I always thought that rank and skill should be counted seperate (which is why I liked Halo Reach). And I have to say I almost prefer 4 at this point in certain areas.

I don’t think “classic halo” gameplay would survive in today’s market. I don’t really have any evidence to support this, it’s just a hunch.

After all, I’m no industry analyst.

I have to agree with CoverMy Meds. I wouldn’t exclusively equate Halo 3’s huge population with its game play, its ranking system, or its map design and philosophy. Its success was a happy coincidence of a lot of factors, and only some of those factors are classic motion mechanics, classic ranking, and classic whatever else I’m forgetting about. The lion’s share, imo, were things like a more successful xbox platform, being the final installment of a trilogy, having less competition for the fps player, nobody playing games on their phones, etc.

FTR, if H5’s motion mechanics went away I really wouldn’t miss them. If sprint went away I would. If the 1-50 ranking system came back I wouldn’t care because I don’t play ranked playlists anymore, but that said, 1-50 was a deeply flawed system. It was fixable, but nobody ever bothered to fix any of the oh-so-obvious problems. And so I have a really hard time imagining why anyone would want that back. If a projectile BR made a come back then I would stop playing any player vs. player play list. This classic Halo of yours had better have a classic firefight-style PvE mode.

Best of luck.

> 2533274803493024;3:
> I don’t think “classic halo” gameplay would survive in today’s market. I don’t really have any evidence to support this, it’s just a hunch.
>
> After all, I’m no industry analyst.

The evidence is pointing toward the market craving classic games.

Doom came out to high critical praise for its classic style single player.
Gears of War 4 was released to universal praise for sticking to its series roots.
Battlefield 1 entered the market with phenomenal reception thanks to its simplistic “boots on the ground” gameplay.

Whereas, games that keep pushing the “enhanced” gameplay continue to decline.

Halo 5, like 4 and Reach, has seen a decline in players since the days of classic Halo.
CoD: Infinite Warfare has been blasted for amounting to nothing more than being an entry fee to the Modern Warfare remaster for so many players.
Titanfall 2’s beta got a huge backlash for changing the formula too much from the original, resulting in some of those changes being reverted before the game’s release.

I think a classic Halo game would survive just fine.

I always see people marking Halo 4 as the worst Halo. I enjoyed it. Sure, loadouts and ordinance were a bit too much influence by other FPS titles, but at least the story was good. And at least it didn’t have annoying RNG. Or microtransactions. Or microtransactions.

The only thing I’d like to see from the past come back is Halo 3’s ranking system. Maybe oldschool Firefight too.

> 2811398874529013;5:
> > 2533274803493024;3:
> > I don’t think “classic halo” gameplay would survive in today’s market. I don’t really have any evidence to support this, it’s just a hunch.
> >
> > After all, I’m no industry analyst.
>
> The evidence is pointing toward the market craving classic games.
>
> Doom came out to high critical praise for its classic style single player.
> Gears of War 4 was released to universal praise for sticking to its series roots.
> Battlefield 1 entered the market with phenomenal reception thanks to its simplistic “boots on the ground” gameplay.
>
> Whereas, games that keep pushing the “enhanced” gameplay continue to decline.
>
> Halo 5, like 4 and Reach, has seen a decline in players since the days of classic Halo.
> CoD: Infinite Warfare has been blasted for amounting to nothing more than being an entry fee to the Modern Warfare remaster for so many players.
> Titanfall 2’s beta got a huge backlash for changing the formula too much from the original, resulting in some of those changes being reverted before the game’s release.
>
> I think a classic Halo game would survive just fine.

I find it funny you bring up Doom as an example of success. The multiplayer hasn’t been sustained well. Sure it sold well, but the multiplayer is struggling. While Gears 4 is difficult to compare because it feels like a completely different concept while maintaining elements like sprint and trusted (diving). I’m not entirely sure how Battlefield 1 compares to classic Halo gameplay. They feel entirely different to me personally.

A lot of the community wants a classic Halo again.

Some please tell me what this forum is

Make Halo great again!

The gameplay has evolved to meet new standards and stay afloat. If you can’t adapt, stay where you are.

> 2533274803493024;8:
> > 2811398874529013;5:
> > > 2533274803493024;3:
> > > I don’t think “classic halo” gameplay would survive in today’s market. I don’t really have any evidence to support this, it’s just a hunch.
> > >
> > > After all, I’m no industry analyst.
> >
> > The evidence is pointing toward the market craving classic games.
> >
> > Doom came out to high critical praise for its classic style single player.
> > Gears of War 4 was released to universal praise for sticking to its series roots.
> > Battlefield 1 entered the market with phenomenal reception thanks to its simplistic “boots on the ground” gameplay.
> >
> > Whereas, games that keep pushing the “enhanced” gameplay continue to decline.
> >
> > Halo 5, like 4 and Reach, has seen a decline in players since the days of classic Halo.
> > CoD: Infinite Warfare has been blasted for amounting to nothing more than being an entry fee to the Modern Warfare remaster for so many players.
> > Titanfall 2’s beta got a huge backlash for changing the formula too much from the original, resulting in some of those changes being reverted before the game’s release.
> >
> > I think a classic Halo game would survive just fine.
>
> I find it funny you bring up Doom as an example of success. The multiplayer hasn’t been sustained well. Sure it sold well, but the multiplayer is struggling. While Gears 4 is difficult to compare because it feels like a completely different concept while maintaining elements like sprint and trusted (diving). I’m not entirely sure how Battlefield 1 compares to classic Halo gameplay. They feel entirely different to me personally.

I mentioned Doom’s single player specifically. The multiplayer has been criticized for deviating too far from the classic style.

I’m not comparing these games to how Halo plays. I’m pointing out that they have been praised for staying true to their roots and NOT throwing in a bunch of abilities and mechanics that cause the games to play entirely different from their predecessors.

> 2533274803493024;3:
> I don’t think “classic halo” gameplay would survive in today’s market. I don’t really have any evidence to support this, it’s just a hunch.
>
> After all, I’m no industry analyst.

Probable

It’s a shame really.

I’m all for “classic Halo” as an idea, but we’re not supposed to want it because everyone who wants classic Halo should be able to play a completely working and well-supported Master Chief Collection.

I remember when the H5 multiplayer footage came out and people were like OMG NOOO ADS AND SPRINT AND CLAMBER, everyone who was pro H5 just said “well you can just play the MCC if you want classic Halo”, which at that point was a valid argument.

Unfortunately, it isn’t the case now.

> 2533274850493408;15:
> It’s a shame really.
>
> I’m all for “classic Halo” as an idea, but we’re not supposed to want it because everyone who wants classic Halo should be able to play a completely working and well-supported Master Chief Collection.
>
> I remember when the H5 multiplayer footage came out and people were like OMG NOOO ADS AND SPRINT AND CLAMBER, everyone who was pro H5 just said “well you can just play the MCC if you want classic Halo”, which at that point was a valid argument.
>
> Unfortunately, it isn’t the case now.

This is one of the pros for Halo 3 anniversary to, I could just tell the people who were like “OMG NOOO ADS AND SPRINT AND CLAMBER” to go play H3A assuming it is announced and does come out of course

I loved the original trilogy. I have more time in the H2 and 3 multiplayer than all my other multiplayer games combined (besides H5). As much as I enjoy the classics, I think I like the new gameplay better. Minus spartan charge of course

I love classic halo more than what halo is now.but the only even if i can cope with it.the only way we can have classic halo in halo 5 n 6(i bet we will still have abilities in h6:(, is if we have classic halo tailored to h5 n h6 map design,read through the pages here that some of the guys over at team beyond has created few months ago for halo 5.Btw 34 is aware of evolved : http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/14157-halo-5-evolved-settingsdetails-v2-update/

> 2533274794684102;17:
> I loved the original trilogy. I have more time in the H2 and 3 multiplayer than all my other multiplayer games combined (besides H5). As much as I enjoy the classics, I think I like the new gameplay better. Minus spartan charge of course

I also like the new ability’s as well as excluding “SPARTAN CHARGE”. I mean Spartans have can travel at superhuman speed canonically but it is weird that they could not in older games . Also they could change Spartan Charge to make it similar to ground pound where you have to charge it for an instant kill or they could just get rid of it all together.

> 2533275023909271;12:
> The gameplay has evolved to meet new standards and stay afloat. If you can’t adapt, stay where you are.

I don’t think its an issue of adapting. He has most likely been playing Halo for the last 10 years if he is talking halo 3 here. There were some titles in between halo 3 and halo 5 you know.