"Classic Halo" Playlist

We all see every couple of seconds someone yelling about how sprint ruined halo, and they do raise some good points about the way halo plays now compared to previous games. Now 343 did address this by enabling the turning off of sprint and armor abilities in custom games. Yet still this doesnt seem to be enough for the anti-sprinters “it should be in matchmaking” . Therefore I propose that 343 should make a “Classic halo” option for the weekend playlist where sprint and the other abilities are turned off.

Who would like to see this happen?

Im pro sprint, but that sounds kind of fun.

I think it would be, itd be interesting with the way the maps are designed to see how it played

I’d rather see it permanent than a weekend playlist. As it stands now, there is no enjoyable playlist for someone who can’t stand these movement mechanics.

They did say this would happen for the old school halo gamers, everyone is happy then.

I’d honestly rather see them fix the MCC, better maps with better Halo.

Halo 5 Arena is perfect the way it is imo.

Unless they add forged Classic maps into Halo 5… Hmm… I could be down for that👍🏼

> 2811398874529013;4:
> I’d rather see it permanent than a weekend playlist. As it stands now, there is no enjoyable playlist for someone who can’t stand these movement mechanics.

Fair enough. I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention though that I hated sprint and thrust, clamber and so on at first too. There’s a bit of a learning curve to them for long time Halo fans, but once you get used to them, they add to the gameplay. Each one adds a new tactical decision to the game, as each new movement ability has advantages and disadvantages and figuring out when to use which will add a lot to your game.

I think that it should be a permanent playlist just to shut the anti-sprinters up. If other veterans like myself (Halo CE) can get used to the new abilities (And come to really like some) why can’t they?

Its a good idea but the only problem I see is that it could split the population up by a massive amount which is something 343 wants to avoid.

> 2811398874529013;4:
> I’d rather see it permanent than a weekend playlist. As it stands now, there is no enjoyable playlist for someone who can’t stand these movement mechanics.

Valid point, Halo should remain enjoyable to all fans.

> 2533274904245048;9:
> Its a good idea but the only problem I see is that it could split the population up by a massive amount which is something 343 wants to avoid.

Well, right now they have the choice to split it up between multiple playlists or split it up between multiple games. It’s their choice, but need I remind you, Doom 4 is already lurking on the horizon…

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/92b5c5cfee994e7299608301a6b2eb11/topics/classic-modes-ce-h2-h3-with-maps-for-you-guys/05d4d918-6361-4c87-a39e-fa44bf9c60b3/posts?page=1

> 2533274801176260;11:
> > 2533274904245048;9:
> > Its a good idea but the only problem I see is that it could split the population up by a massive amount which is something 343 wants to avoid.
>
>
> Well, right now they have the choice to split it up between multiple playlists or split it up between multiple games. It’s their choice, but need I remind you, Doom 4 is already lurking on the horizon…

I played the beta. The movement is ridiculously fast it seems instead of walk and sprint you just sprint constantly. I’ve never played a shooter with movement that fast. Although I’m sure there are others like it. the Map in the beta seemed very confined. the servers also could not handle the volume. It took two days to get in a lobby and that was on early Sunday morning. Interesting game. But nothing like Halo. It would be like comparing coffee to bananas.

> 2533274904245048;9:
> Its a good idea but the only problem I see is that it could split the population up by a massive amount which is something 343 wants to avoid.

True that. Would benefit those that don’t like it, but will probably not happen

Maybe instead of the weekend it should be full time with no sprint, classic shield strength, the original size of the motion tracker, no clamber, no ground pound, and no spartan charge. Then also remake maps from previous games.

> 2533274879407634;15:
> Maybe instead of the weekend it should be full time with no sprint, classic shield strength, the original size of the motion tracker, no clamber, no ground pound, and no spartan charge. Then also remake maps from previous games.

Ahem